• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so, who thinks LeBron will opt out...?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how much of his decision will come down to what happens to Wade. If Riley makes a good move and dumps Wade to get the Heat some help then Lebron would likely absolutely stay. If the Heat are looking to keep Wade and have him go into next season still as the starter he would have to think about it.

The Heat are not winning a title again with Wade as their starting SG. At this point in his career his body has just failed him. Pretty much his entire game was based on his quickness and ability to finish around the rim, and he has lost all of it now without ever fully developing an outside game he could fall back on.

Heat can't get rid of Wade's contract. The big 3 have early termination options which means they can become FA's if they want after this year.

If for some reason they all opt out and sign lower contracts then they can re-stock the roster but I'm sure Wade would need a good reason to walk away from 40 mil.

Otherwise I agree that Wade is done. He never developed his game so now that his athleticism is gone he's just looks lost out there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Parsons says Lebron is gone. Parsons is a model with a dreamy smile that will steal your girlfriend. Be prepared Miami. Chandler Bang is coming to South Beach to steal Lebron and take him to Houston. No one can resist him.

I think he will opt-in for one more year.

He will leave Miami, but next year seems like the far more attractive option.

They will be a lot more attractive landing spots where stars can team up.

He can follow whomever bolts to LA this offseason, or simply stand pat and join together.

Miami will be worse off actually if he does it though.....

Off topic, but why do you always space out your sentences like this instead of just typing paragraphs? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Parsons says Lebron is gone. Parsons is a model with a dreamy smile that will steal your girlfriend. Be prepared Miami. Chandler Bang is coming to South Beach to steal Lebron and take him to Houston. No one can resist him.

Off topic, but why do you always space out your sentences like this instead of just typing paragraphs? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

That team that got beat by a young inexperience Trailblazers team in game 6.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if wade doesn't opt out and take less money I would think LeBron would say bye to miami

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think james will most likely opt out . the lakers is where he could earn some serious bank you have kobe for a year and a young draft pick . the following season you have cap space

NY is another market he could go to with cap space the following year

the 3rd option is to stay at miami and hope the dump wade for another player

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to talk to the new upcoming stars. Maybe get 4 all stars this time and move somewhere else to get more rings. Leaving Miami old and rotting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think james will most likely opt out . the lakers is where he could earn some serious bank you have kobe for a year and a young draft pick . the following season you have cap space

NY is another market he could go to with cap space the following year

the 3rd option is to stay at miami and hope the dump wade for another player

Lebron could resign for money in Miami, although his goal is on titles. LA is definitely more expensive to live than Miami. Lebron has earned roughly $70 million this year from investments and endorsement opportunities along with other ventures. I could see Lebron going to the Lakers for different reasons, but money wouldn't be it.

No one knows what the Big 3 in Miami will do. The more practical approach would be to opt out and sign for less to allow for the roster to be filled out. This was a mistake on Riley's part as the model he had worked well the first few years in getting veteran guys to come here for a discount. But when you use those same veteran guys for 3 straight years going deep into the playoffs - the miles adds up and they aren't ass effective.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see things playing out this off season (regardless of the Finals results)

Dwyane Wade is scheduled to make 41.9 mil for the next two years. He would be absolutely crazy to opt out of that. However, one way to make it work is instead of having a short 2 year deal for 20 mil per...Miami can offer him a 6 year deal for 60 or 66 mil. That way D-Wade still gets his money, but doesn't cripple the cap space.

How I see it is, after those two remaining years D-Wade will be 34 and at that point in his career he is probably only going to command 5-7 mil a year.

So if he doesn't opt out his potential monetary earnings might look like this

14-15: $20.2 mil
15-16: $21.7 mil
16-17: $7.0 mil
17-18: $7.0 mil
18-19: $7.0 mil
19-20: $4.0 mil

Total = $66.9 mil

If he does opt out and decide to go the route of 6 years at $10 mil per or $11 mil per he would make $60 to $66 million in that 6 year span

Which is around the same amount that he would make if he doesn't opt out. So in reality, he's not making that much of a sacrifice in the long run AND he gives Miami much more flexibility to work with the cap to build the roster for another 3-4 year championship run

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could resign for money in Miami, although his goal is on titles. LA is definitely more expensive to live than Miami. Lebron has earned roughly $70 million this year from investments and endorsement opportunities along with other ventures. I could see Lebron going to the Lakers for different reasons, but money wouldn't be it.

No one knows what the Big 3 in Miami will do. The more practical approach would be to opt out and sign for less to allow for the roster to be filled out. This was a mistake on Riley's part as the model he had worked well the first few years in getting veteran guys to come here for a discount. But when you use those same veteran guys for 3 straight years going deep into the playoffs - the miles adds up and they aren't ass effective.

being in la would give him very good opportunities for endorsements ETC . not saying miami isnt either but LA is La . the other issue is to win titles on a storied franchise

miami didnt do the heat right when they lost their last game . the celts and lakers would have /did cheer the team for the run they made . miami booed them

that could matter

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see things playing out this off season (regardless of the Finals results)

Dwyane Wade is scheduled to make 41.9 mil for the next two years. He would be absolutely crazy to opt out of that. However, one way to make it work is instead of having a short 2 year deal for 20 mil per...Miami can offer him a 6 year deal for 60 or 66 mil. That way D-Wade still gets his money, but doesn't cripple the cap space.

How I see it is, after those two remaining years D-Wade will be 34 and at that point in his career he is probably only going to command 5-7 mil a year.

So if he doesn't opt out his potential monetary earnings might look like this

14-15: $20.2 mil
15-16: $21.7 mil
16-17: $7.0 mil
17-18: $7.0 mil
18-19: $7.0 mil
19-20: $4.0 mil

Total = $66.9 mil

If he does opt out and decide to go the route of 6 years at $10 mil per or $11 mil per he would make $60 to $66 million in that 6 year span

Which is around the same amount that he would make if he doesn't opt out. So in reality, he's not making that much of a sacrifice in the long run AND he gives Miami much more flexibility to work with the cap to build the roster for another 3-4 year championship run

You obviously don't know how the new CBA rules work, you can not offer more than a 5 year deal with the current player a team has & If that player decides to leave somewhere else as a FA, the most years he can be offered is 4 years by another team.

There is no such thing as a 6 year deal in the NBA.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't know how the new CBA rules work, you can not offer more than a 5 year deal with the current player a team has & If that player decides to leave somewhere else as a FA, the most years he can be offered is 4 years by another team.

There is no such thing as a 6 year deal in the NBA.

My mistake

5 years 55 mil if he opts out and resigns with the heat

5 years 61.9 mil total over the 5 year span if he doesn't opt out

Still works

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being in la would give him very good opportunities for endorsements ETC . not saying miami isnt either but LA is La . the other issue is to win titles on a storied franchise

miami didnt do the heat right when they lost their last game . the celts and lakers would have /did cheer the team for the run they made . miami booed them

that could matter

Lebron is a global icon. He will get endorsements no matter where he goes. The most important factor to his endorsements is winning and success

I mean look at Melo...how is he doing in the New York market?

Lebron's decision will not be based on what kind of market he could play in. He knows his brand will carry wherever he goes. His decision will be based on which franchise he could trust the most to consistently assemble a team around him that could contend for a championship.

And honestly Miami reigns supreme in that category right now with Pat Riley at the top.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won't opt out but he should opt out.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a global icon. He will get endorsements no matter where he goes. The most important factor to his endorsements is winning and success

Lebron's decision will not be based on what kind of market he could play in. He knows his brand will carry wherever he goes. His decision will be based on which franchise he could trust the most to consistently assemble a team around him that could contend for a championship.

And honestly Miami reigns supreme in that category right now with Pat Riley at the top.

No one said he still won't get many endorsements, but his star will shine brighter in a bigger market with a legendary franchise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

melo isnt in the class of some of the all time greats . and yes i know lebron is global but you cant tell me that being a laker , being in La , wont open up more doors for him then say a cleveland same with the knicks . he will get more opportunities and cap space in 15

and believe me the lakers will be winning fairly soon and will have cap space in 2015 .

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
melo isnt in the class of some of the all time greats . and yes i know lebron is global but you cant tell me that being a laker , being in La , wont open up more doors for him then say a cleveland same with the knicks . he will get more opportunities and cap space in 15

and believe me the lakers will be winning fairly soon and will have cap space in 2015 .

But we're talking about Miami vs LA not Cleveland. LA is certainly a bigger market, but Miami is also one of the top markets in the NBA as well. It's basically going from a 9/10 market to a 10/10 market.

That alone is not enough to persuade Lebron to jump ship especially with Miami's front office being the superior front office in recent years in terms of constructing a team. That in my opinion is a higher priority for Lebron than anything.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said he still won't get many endorsements, but his star will shine brighter in a bigger market with a legendary franchise.

Maybe like 5 watts brighter initially

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please, please, please let there be a very special "the decision" part 2...he might as well go full villain at this point.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either melo is joining the heat or Lebron is leaving

Bosh is done in Miami as well

The big three era must be over if Riley has any wits

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is probably opting out
Wade's career is probably done

So two things will happen:

1. Melo joins Miami (Bosh could stay then)
2. Lebron leaves, maybe to the Cavs