• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Jennings is spouting off about Rodgers in MN already

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed this on the NFL home page. When will some of these guys learn to keep their mouths shut?

Aaron Rodgers won't take bait from Greg Jennings

"A lot of times when you have a guy who creates that spotlight for himself and establishes that and takes a lot of that, it becomes so-and-so and the team," Jennings said of Rodgers on Thursday, according to The Star Tribune. "It should always be the team."

Jennings wasn't done with Rodgers, whom he (oddly) chose not to address by name.

"Don't get me wrong, '12' is a great person," Jennings said. "But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it's hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says, 'Man, come on, you've got to hold yourself accountable for this.' It's hard for someone to see that now because all they've heard is I'm doing it the right way, I'm perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws."

Rodgers didn't take the bait when asked about Jennings' comments Friday.

"I've seen a lot and been around a lot and learned a lot of lessons," the quarterback said. "One of the lessons you learn, you can't control everything and you shouldn't worry too much about the things that are said outside the building. You're worried about the opinions of your teammates and how they feel about you."

Jordy Nelson, who sat in hundreds of receiver meetings with Jennings in Green Bay, was a bit more open in his disappointment in the back-handed criticism.

"Aaron has dealt with a lot since he became the quarterback here," Nelson said. "I'm sure he was looking for an offseason without controversy, and unfortunately he didn't get one.

"I think it's unfortunate," Nelson added, "and we're ready to move on."

You kind of get the feeling we don't know the whole story of the Rodgers-Jennings relationship. What we do know is that Jennings won't truly understand what he had at quarterback until the first tumbling duck from Christian Ponder lands at his feet.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Jennings knew exactly what kind of QB he had talent wise and as a person.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Jennings won't come out and say what he wanted Rogers to take responsibility for is the same reason why Finley won't come out and say what he wants Rogers to take responsibility for. It's about Cobb, and who gets the ball, and they both know deep down inside that everyone will see what a couple of jealous brats they are. So instead they beat around the bush and hope everyone sides with them. We now have two threads about this... And I blame Jennings for another s7mmer of bullshit.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Jennings won't come out and say what he wanted Rogers to take responsibility for is the same reason why Finley won't come out and say what he wants Rogers to take responsibility for. It's about Cobb, and who gets the ball, and they both know deep down inside that everyone will see what a couple of jealous brats they are. So instead they beat around the bush and hope everyone sides with them. We now have two threads about this...

:agree:Which is why we should be ignoring this...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Jennings won't come out and say what he wanted Rogers to take responsibility for is the same reason why Finley won't come out and say what he wants Rogers to take responsibility for. It's about Cobb, and who gets the ball, and they both know deep down inside that everyone will see what a couple of jealous brats they are. So instead they beat around the bush and hope everyone sides with them. We now have two threads about this... And I blame Jennings for another s7mmer of bullshit.

Of course it has to be because Jennings is jealous and couldn't possibly be because Rodgers is a douche!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read between the lines: Christian Ponder is a shitty QB and he wishes he was still in Green Bay.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it has to be because Jennings is jealous and couldn't possibly be because Rodgers is a douche!
Rodgers isn't the one having to be publicly reprimanded by his own coach. Jennings is obviously bitter he has to talk about Rodgers/GB in every single interview he does.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good job having an edgy underdog opinion bro. Despite the fact that one of his best friends has publicly tisked him, and no one has his back. If you knew anything about Jennings' history of griping about targets, you might think differently.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers isn't the one having to be publicly reprimanded by his own coach. Jennings is obviously bitter he has to talk about Rodgers/GB in every single interview he does.

Yup. He wanted Rodgers to rep him like he did with Jones and Woodson, but it didn't happen and he's bitter. He's just feeding the old purple retirement home crowd now, what ex-player didn't slag the Packers once they hit the slag heap in Minneapolis?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop has been quiet in all this

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop has been quiet in all this

Which is surprising, considering historically he had some problems keeping his mouth shut (like with Hawk, the "maybe if I were a first round pick" quotes and so forth).

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job having an edgy underdog opinion bro. Despite the fact that one of his best friends has publicly tisked him, and no one has his back. If you knew anything about Jennings' history of griping about targets, you might think differently.

If he were my friend I'd tell him to pipe down too. He's not doing himself any favors. Still doesn't mean he's not telling the truth.

cd4packers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some obvious bad blood between GJ and the Pack

Well, it is apparent to me that there must have been some bad blood between Jennings and the pack...and that is why they parted ways. Jennings probably felt unappreciated....sounds like a familiar story to me.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were my friend I'd tell him to pipe down too. He's not doing himself any favors. Still doesn't mean he's not telling the truth.

LOL... Once again. if you knew his history...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is apparent to me that there must have been some bad blood between Jennings and the pack...and that is why they parted ways. Jennings probably felt unappreciated....sounds like a familiar story to me.

you thinking he was a little too close to the Favre situation?

Granted he didnt do near what Favre did for the organization, maybe he is including himself in the underappreciated field of ex packers?

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the loser gets boos when he visits Green Bay.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bears fan I have always thought Gregg Jennings was overrated. He has been a solid WR because of the quarterbacks that have been throwing to him but he is going to fail hard in MN.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone would fail in MN right now. If anything, Jennings in his prime was vastly underrated. It was smart to let him go, and I don't think he has a ton left in the tank, but make no mistake - he was an excellent NFL WR.