• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if TCU and USC both lose

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Marquee win is a marquee win.
No, not really. A marquee win only remains a marquee win when that team is proven over the season to be a marquee team.

Oregon is ranked #16 in the AP poll, if they lose their bowl game like they did last year(finishing 1-3 last year, would be back to back 1-3 finishes), good chance they could drop all the way out of the Top 25, meaning, NOT a marquee win.

Just like their win over BYU is no longer a marquee win, and WSU's win over Wisc is no longer a marquee win and Washington's win over MSU is no longer a marquee win.

Unless one of the 6 ranked Pac teams beats a ranked team in their bowl game, they could go the entire season without a single marquee win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it happens often. That last blowout loss OSU suffered is still fresh in tye voters minds.
More fresh than when they got together shortly after it happened?

"It happens often" where a team ranked behind a team passes that team when neither played a game?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened last season when Minnesota somehow lost to Bowling Green (not an FBS team), who finished the season 4-8.

A side note from that game. Your Gophers were 31 point favorites. And still lost.
Yes it did, and Minnesota paid in the rankings. Unlike Oregon(Stanford) last year, (Georgia & Oreg St) this year or Washington (Ariz St).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did Bowling Green drop out of the FBS???

Ooppss, meant to say they aren't a P5 team.

Anyway stop talking shit about losses by other teams. Your team had a terrible one last season. Actually one of the worst of the season. They were the only team last season that were at least a 30-point favorite to a non P5 team and didn't win.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooppss, meant to say they aren't a P5 team.

Anyway stop talking shit about losses by other teams. Your team had a terrible one last season. Actually one of the worst of the season. They were the only team last season that were at least a 30-point favorite to a non P5 team and didn't win.
And UMn suffered for that loss in many ways.

Why should Oregon or Washington or all the other teams with embarrassing losses that don't seem to have to suffer for those losses not be given shit?

Edit - I know why. Oregon and Notre Dame are Brand names, money schools, they can be forgiven a bad loss or losses. Minnesota, on the other hand, it's acceptable to diss them.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,341.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fist shake GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UMn suffered for that loss in many ways.

(1)Why should Oregon or Washington or all the other teams with embarrassing losses that don't seem to have to suffer for those losses not be given shit?

Edit - I know why. Oregon and Notre Dame are Brand names, money schools, they can be forgiven a bad loss or losses. Minnesota, on the other hand, it's acceptable to diss them.

Because with the exception of OD (not even sure he's on this site anymore) nobody over-pimps their team like you do.

Sorry super-homer but neither Oregon or Minnesota can be mentioned with N.D. when talking about CFB.

Compare N.D.'s national titles, HOF coaches and All Americans to Oregon & Minnesota. They have more than both the Ducks & Gophers combined.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because with the exception of OD (not even sure he's on this site anymore) nobody over-pimps their team like you do.

Sorry super-homer but neither Oregon or Minnesota can be mentioned with N.D. when talking about CFB.

Compare N.D.'s national titles, HOF coaches and All Americans to Oregon & Minnesota. They have more than both the Ducks & Gophers combined.

Notre Dame is my team, but it's hard to be too proud of them. Can't win the big one going on for more than 3 decades now. Rocket is still my favorite college player.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry osu and usc. The green wave is takin it to ucf and taking that 4th spot!!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Bama and the SEC.
I'm not saying there isn't an SEC bias at times, but if they wanted to do this the easiest thing to do was just rank Bama 5 and OSU 6 in the current ranking.

I cannot think of one time that what you suggested happens "all the time" has ever happened.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame is my team, but it's hard to be too proud of them. Can't win the big one going on for more than 3 decades now. Rocket is still my favorite college player.

Better than being a Nebraska fan right now. Joining the BIG didn't even move the needle for them. Who knows if that program will ever recover.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I am sure you are right, I mean, Oregon hasn't won a single Natty to help UMn out, and they sucked for so long I doubt they could help with All-Americans or HOF coaches either, and UMn gave up on football for at least 4 decades, so I'd sure in the hell hope Notre Dame was much better in comparison.

And I only included Oregon as their Child Slave Labor King Sugar Daddy has bought them a brand name.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, Wamu won't diss your team for it's Title drought, he only does that when it's a hockey fan claiming his hockey program is the greatest of all-time. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm talking about N.D. football in the historical context. Special freddy thinks the Gophers are as elite as the Irish because of what his team did in the mid 1930's and early 1940's. And they won a national title in the early 60's.