• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if TCU and USC both lose

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU would have their first loss in OT. Bama has TWO losses and almost lost to UT. No way Bama should get in even if TCU loses.

And Washington? Another No Way!!!

2 loss teams should almost never get in over 1 loss P5 conf teams. There can be exceptions, of course, but they should be clear and obvious to all.

Why?

Did you even read my case for Huskies?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no actual argument to take Bama over TCU even if TCU loses

TCU would still have 1 less loss, a better win, likely the best loss, better SoS

The only argument for Bama is " but it is Bama"

Which, when stuff is mostly equal, mattersa lot

But i just can't see how the committee ignores all that stuff AND then takes Bama over another 2 loss team who beat them

They'd get absolutely crucified

Who do you think would be more likely to win if Bama and TCU played on a neutral field 2 weeks from now? I'm not a big college fan, so I don't know who is better.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad?

They won every single game by double digits until Michigan

I know I'm being too critical, but I saw a lot of problems towards the end of the season. Whatever their future holds, I hope they get some of these issues ironed out before their bowl season begins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know not many will agree with me but the fairest way to do this is to bring a computer component back into it. The computers don’t care what conference you are from. As for this thread if TCU and USC both lose it will be Ohio State and Alabama, I have no doubt about that.
I think with a loss like that TCU may stay in...not sure it at 3 or 4.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think would be more likely to win if Bama and TCU played on a neutral field 2 weeks from now? I'm not a big college fan, so I don't know who is better.

Probably Bama, but who knows? they fucked up with the 2 losses. I remember one year OSU campaigned hard for the 4th spot with 2 losses and the committee said it basically came down to the extra loss for why they didn't get put in...

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU did enough to lose by such a small amount it won't help Bama...At least i think. It was a tight OT loss...Bama needed a much larger win by KS

Rematch of OSU vs Michigan

TCU will be the 4th spot playing Georgia...

I'm not sure TCU moves. Barely lost in a conf champ game -versus- a team that didn't get to theirs...?

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure TCU moves. Barely lost in a conf champ game -versus- a team that didn't get to theirs...?

I hope they do, i would rather play Michigan vs Georgia...Also their 1 loss is to a worse team than OSU...Everyone wants to see the rematch anyways lol

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Bama, but who knows? they fucked up with the 2 losses. I remember one year OSU campaigned hard for the 4th spot with 2 losses and the committee said it basically came down to the extra loss for why they didn't get put in...

Not saying bama can't hang w/any of the top teams, but it would be a big slap in the face to any other sec team that doesn't get in considering bama finished 4th in the conference.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's really no right or wrong answer. It just comes down to what the committee values. Who are the four best or which four teams have had the best season? I also hate rematches of regular season matchups in the CFP because I like the idea that the regular season is like the playoffs, but that can't be avoided at times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With USC loss I think Bama pulls more of their votes than OSU, but will it be enough to jump OSU.
do you mean votes by the committee to determine their ranking? Why would anyone change their perception between OSU and Bama if both teams sat at home?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird that OSU should get a chance to be in considering that they've been so bad this year, but I'm not sure who else would get put in. But it should be bama. They are for sure the 4th best in the SEC alone.
so bad this year? was that a serious comment or sarcasm?

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying bama can't hang w/any of the top teams, but it would be a big slap in the face to any other sec team that doesn't get in considering bama finished 4th in the conference.

Yea, i don't see them getting in tbh...If TCU was blown out of the building (which they almost were at one point) I think they would have a much better chance

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama for sure

But that's not really the point either

Yes the committees job is to pick the 4 best teams but it can't ONLY come down to opinion. At some point resume has to matter or there's no point in playing the regular season

If the resumes were close then eye test should play a part. But they're really not close

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And OSU had a better resume.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you mean votes by the committee to determine their ranking? Why would anyone change their perception between OSU and Bama if both teams sat at home?

Resume and performance there is clear pecking order. In addition Toledo won the MAC today. Not a huge deal but that was their 2nd best OOC team

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm being too critical, but I saw a lot of problems towards the end of the season. Whatever their future holds, I hope they get some of these issues ironed out before their bowl season begins.

The Michigan loss was definitely bad but they played good ball most of the year. Some close games but they always pulled away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland closer than it needed to be for sure. Obviously the UM game bad. But, really, they were only bad for 1.5 quarters all season.

Be nice to get JSN and some RBs back.