• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Best Rock & Roll Group Ever

Are The Beatles the best group ever?

• Yes Best Band Ever

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No But very influential

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Combination of both

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleetwood Mac were super talented song writers but had a few too many songs I don’t wanna hear but also some great songs.
The Who has a surprisingly limited amount of music for the amount of time they were active. But quality over quantity.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleetwood Mac were super talented song writers but had a few too many songs I don’t wanna hear but also some great songs.
The Who has a surprisingly limited amount of music for the amount of time they were active. But quality over quantity.
Yeah Tommy is my favorite album and Quadrphenia is nothing to scarff at

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any love for The Animals yet. I rate them above the Stones, but that's just my opinion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any love for The Animals yet. I rate them above the Stones, but that's just my opinion.
Very limited selection

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Beatles, bands that were exclusively 60’s groups aren’t highly regarded. Rock music really took off in the late 60’s, IMO.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Beatles, bands that were exclusively 60’s groups aren’t highly regarded. Rock music really took off in the late 60’s, IMO.
I kind of agree with you there, but I always thought the Animals had more of an edge to their music than other early 60's bands.

When you think of how far rocked evolved from 1960-1969, it's kind of mind blowing.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DEAD heads, raise your hand.

With the large following and longevity, they had it's hard not to ut them up there with some of the best that ever performed. Dead shows were an experience

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most influential, successful and prolific maybe, but not nearly my favorite. That would be the Stones, for whom my appreciation has only grown through the years. Some of their music is timeless in a way The Beatles music is not imo. Actually George's contributions as well as his solo stuff has stood the test of time better than John's or Paul's.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tommy is my favorite album and Quadrphenia is nothing to scarff at

Who's Next is their best imo and as someone else mentioned quality over quantity with them. A lot of The Who's output, or specifically Townsend, I do not care for.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Next is their best imo and as someone else mentioned quality over quantity with them. A lot of The Who's output, or specifically Townsend, I do not care for.
I wore that one out in college. Every song is good. My favorite off that album is "My Wife" with Entwistle singing.
How many DEAD heads, raise your hand.

With the large following and longevity, they had it's hard not to ut them up there with some of the best that ever performed. Dead shows were an experience
I went to a couple of dead shows. They appeal more to a sub-culture than the culture at-large. But they have had a profound and enduring effect on their fans.

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no such thing. How do you evaluate that sort of thing? I love King Crimson and they've had some insane lineups musical-talent wise but I wouldn't call them the greatest. I don't think that the Stones rate very highly in that regard but Richards and Jagger were insane songwriters. What's the parameters? If it goes to being skill on the instruments they're playing flippin Winger would be way up there. But their musical tase is straight out of a dumpster. Metallica's the definition of a studio band in the sense that there's a huge gap between what they release from the studio and what they perform onstage (don't get me wrong, they put on.a great show energy-wise and it's very entertaining) but those early albums from the studio were awesome.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife's favorite. Whenever Paint It Black comes on she talks about how much she loves The Animals version. I didn't recall it so I listened to it and there's a reason we only hear The Stones version. It is not good imo. I love some of their stuff though.