• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Six Hall of Famers MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod Carew
Mickey Mantle
Kirby Puckett
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Mel Ott
Sandy Koufax
Tony Gwynn
Steve Carlton
Shoeless Joe Jackson

Not in any particular order but Carew is #1...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I might enjoy the baseball drafts the most... The problem is you guys know so much more and I feel like I'm hurting the overall group votes... Honestly I get swayed by the good arguments you guys make so I read more info on players but still don't know if I'm right... I'm learning so I apologize if you think I'm way off but I'm trying to be fair... The good thing is I won't bitch and complain if I lose, even though I think I should WIN! :yo:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a facepalm for listing my all time favorites? :scratch:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is i'd rather just do another baseball draft than a football draft... :nod:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet I'm moving on! Is this gonna be a double elimination or one and done with baseball?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I might enjoy the baseball drafts the most... The problem is you guys know so much more and I feel like I'm hurting the overall group votes... Honestly I get swayed by the good arguments you guys make so I read more info on players but still don't know if I'm right... I'm learning so I apologize if you think I'm way off but I'm trying to be fair... The good thing is I won't bitch and complain if I lose, even though I think I should WIN! :yo:
Here's the thing..... even just learning, your opinion is as valued as any, because even baseball guys through and through rarely agree on everything. I make teams now to try and win, which means balanced team with big name hitters.... That's what I've seen gets votes. The first team I ever made got it's doors blown off and was hands down the best I think I ever made. I had 3 of the top 6-7 pitchers of all time, a great pen, and an unreal D. I had Bench, Ozzie Smith , Brooks Robinson, a fast OF ....and all I heard about was Ozzie's career OBP:L

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing..... even just learning, your opinion is as valued as any, because even baseball guys through and through rarely agree on everything. I make teams now to try and win, which means balanced team with big name hitters.... That's what I've seen gets votes. The first team I ever made got it's doors blown off and was hands down the best I think I ever made. I had 3 of the top 6-7 pitchers of all time, a great pen, and an unreal D. I had Bench, Ozzie Smith , Brooks Robinson, a fast OF ....and all I heard about was Ozzie's career OBP:L

Example Nos who knows the most about baseball just got eliminated in the first round to a idiot who can't spell MLB. (Spellcheck)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Ritz is not an idiot he knows more than he thinks he does!

Baseball has been my favorite sport since I was old enough to know what a baseball was. I have studied so much about the game its almost sad.

I have won 7 drafts I believe, ZERO of them have been baseball!!!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Ritz is not an idiot he knows more than he thinks he does!

Baseball has been my favorite sport since I was old enough to know what a baseball was. I have studied so much about the game its almost sad.

I have won 7 drafts I believe, ZERO of them have been baseball!!!

Obviously knowledge doesn't equal power/wins in mock drafts it seems.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi-Final games are posted. We really need to decide what we are doing in football...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta rant for a second... As an objective father and a coach, I will admit Walker left some stuff on the table... He has the ability to be top 3 in his age group and he doesn't push himself as hard as I'd like... That being said he and 3 others were completely robbed for Allstars this year... I'm not completely pissed because of the 2 points I made, but he is without question the best first baseman in his division, and started on first last year... At age 10 it's pitiful how many kids can't catch the ball consistently and he is by far the most consistent... But as I said, he gave them a enough room to screw him and there were at least 2 guys that are equal to him that got screwed too although their strengths were different... Rant over...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having played baseball my entire childhood into my early 20's I can say without question if you are good you will get noticed, he will get his! Unless of course you are an a-hole like Pete Rose!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone check out the new football thread I started...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta rant for a second... As an objective father and a coach, I will admit Walker left some stuff on the table... He has the ability to be top 3 in his age group and he doesn't push himself as hard as I'd like... That being said he and 3 others were completely robbed for Allstars this year... I'm not completely pissed because of the 2 points I made, but he is without question the best first baseman in his division, and started on first last year... At age 10 it's pitiful how many kids can't catch the ball consistently and he is by far the most consistent... But as I said, he gave them a enough room to screw him and there were at least 2 guys that are equal to him that got screwed too although their strengths were different... Rant over...
Don't sweat it buddy. My 19 year old played varsity from Soph year on, my 17 year old is a Jr, been all district all 3 years and all east Texas twice. It's my experience that NOTHING that happens at 10 will make or break their chances at success. When my boys were that age, every all star team had 12 kids with parents who figured all stars meant varsity success. Our school had 3 Sr, 4 Jr, 1 Soph and 1 Freshman starter. 75% of the all stars don't even play. If your boy has a passion for the game, my suggestion is to get him with an instructor that teaches good mechanics, have him work every day on what he learns, and he'll leave no doubt

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! Needed to let that out, as a dad first I'm pissed because I know he should have made it again... He started for the Allstar team last year at 1st base and is even better this year... Last year he had maybe 6 hits all year, this year he may have struck out 4 times and had an 11 straight at bats hit streak... And maybe struck out 3 times... I know I have no reason to lie to you guys, when I tell you he should have made believe me he should have made it... It's somewhat a relief because now we don't have to be separated between both Allstar teams since they play like 5 hours apart on the same weekend, and like I said he left some things on the table... He needs more power in is hitting, more power in his throwing, and better base running speed... As a coach I see what he lacks, and I hope he takes this as motivation to improve those things... I also agree he's at the point I need to get him to camps and instructors... But as is dad I hate hate hate what this is going to make him feel... He's not as confident as Dash, and I hope it doesn't make him want to give up... He didn't even want to play this year and then he got picked by the worst coach possible and they didn't win a game... Now the only thing he was hoping for is passing him by... Sucks... Anyway, one day I get to brag the next things suck... Good news is he got the highest average in both math and science in class so maybe he'll be a doctor...:yes:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still confused how Nos ranked me #1 but voted against me in first round vs himself, and voted against me vs UK.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still confused how Nos ranked me #1 but voted against me in first round vs himself, and voted against me vs UK.

So, your saying youve voted the way youve ranked in every draft we have ever done?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3