• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Preds

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess Deboer does not have Marleau in the doghouse. Moved him up to the 2nd line with Cooch and Donkey. Paid off although Cooch looked to be at fault on the Nashville goal. Can someone please keep an eye on Fisher?

He's was in the dog house just for the last part of last game which Marleau deserved to be. DeBoer has always been a coach who will make in-game adjustments based on who's playing well and who is not and the next game putting that player in a better position to succeed. Especially with the vets on his team.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big guns came to play tonight. This is beautiful.

Yes they have. This is the first game where they have completely dominated the entire game. I haven't really seen much of a real threat from the Preds for 40 minutes except for the goal and post early on. Sharks are going to have to kill a long pp here soon though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have. This is the first game where they have completely dominated the entire game. I haven't really seen much of a real threat from the Preds for 40 minutes except for the goal and post early on. Sharks are going to have to kill a long pp here soon though.

Yeah mid first was really the only lull. From Pattys goal until Pavs goal things were a little shaky but everything else has been complete control. Gotta keep it up.

The PK luckily will only be a little over 2 minutes thanks to the Johanson penalty just before it.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win tonight! I was really hoping for a beat down after that disallowed goal and who better than Pavelski to orchestrate that. We must keep this play up and finish this team off. They came back from 3-2 last series but they look tired and we have to shake the demons off from all of these years. Treat game 6 as a game 7, finish Nash and hope St Louis and Dallas go the distance in their series with little to no rest.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win tonight! I was really hoping for a beat down after that disallowed goal and who better than Pavelski to orchestrate that. We must keep this play up and finish this team off. They came back from 3-2 last series but they look tired and we have to shake the demons off from all of these years. Treat game 6 as a game 7, finish Nash and hope St Louis and Dallas go the distance in their series with little to no rest.

Game 6 will be tough to win in Nashville, but the response tonight after the very difficult Game 4 loss was great. Would not have seen that from past Sharks teams. They way they showed up from the 1st period said a lot.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Went to the game, so I couldnt post til now.

best game the sharks have played in the PO's by a mile, and best at home in maybe two months. They got 5 goals, but it was the defensive effort that was amazing to me. I think nashville had many 3 real scoring chances all game. Every save was won jones should have and his rebound control was the best ive ever seen. He was a human vacuum.

PM came to play! Great shot with like no room on that short side, and getting that first goal after being shut out for over 60 minutes in nash was huge. Then he made a really nice play on the PP, freezing rinne on his goaline and putting in pavs' wheelhouse. I was thrilled with his game.

that said, the big pavelski, is well, big! His snipes were magnificent! and cooch was spectacular as well, with amazing jump all night, as was donkey boy.

After the big guys were quiet for a bit, its great to see them explode. They need pavs, jumbo, patty, and cooch to put it in regularly, so those guys really stepped it up.

This was a very impressive performance all around, from pretty much the entire roster, so they really overcame adversity nicely. one more win and its off the WCF. If Stl comes out, that will be a huge test. Cant look too far just yet, but last night was pretty fun.

Last note: Nashville looked pretty tired too. Maybe all the travel, the 7 game series and physicality of ana, then a 3 OT game, then more travel, is breaking down their big 4. They looked a step slow and a whole lot less dangerous. Time to stamp out nash in Nash.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had a feeling DeBoer was going to do well with this roster after looking what he did in NJ. However i didnt expect him to be this good, it seems like he really knows how to manage his players in every aspect. Diverse personailities on this team and Vets and Youngsters and hes got them all on the same page, thats something TMac never had with them

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had a feeling DeBoer was going to do well with this roster after looking what he did in NJ. However i didnt expect him to be this good, it seems like he really knows how to manage his players in every aspect. Diverse personailities on this team and Vets and Youngsters and hes got them all on the same page, thats something TMac never had with them

As of now, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. Deboer has definitely gotten the max out of his guys. Jumbo's resurgence has been awesome, but the way deboer has used donskoi, karlsson, tierney, and hertl has been excellent. He has put guys in a good position to succeed and by spreading the ice time well, he keeps guys fresh while providing regular opportunities for the bottow 6 to contribute a ton. No one feels like they are left out or have no chance to prove themsevles. Even wingels' decline was clearly not deboer's fault, as tommy was getting 10-12 mins per game to prove himself. Also, as much as I hate dillon and polak, Deboer has used them enough to keep burns and martin fresh.

I also think the leadership in place is correct. The hardest working and best producing player is the captain. Pavs inspires by example, and people naturally follow that kind of leader. He sells out every shift and scores HUGE goals regularly. He is the obviously right choice for the C, but keeping jumbo in there too was right as well. Deboer has done well, and its already pretty much a successful year, but it would sure be sweet to keep the music playing!

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the talk of Nashville being the more tired/fatigued team, the Sharks better be prepared for them to come out with a lot of energy in their building. Sharks are going to have to grind this one out if they want to end the series tonight.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think if they make it past the first 10 minutes at even or better they will be okay. There is an extra day off before game 7 and that will benifit the Preds much more so hopefully they can finish it off tonight. It would be nice to see the Dallas/St. Louis series go to 7 as well.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon is a really bad hockey player

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job there after taking the 2-0 lead, especially in that 2nd period. They can't stand any prosperity.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 15 minutes were GOLDEN. Been on their heels ever since.

No momentum, not confident at all.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone needs to complain about Pavelski's play. Every time we do he scores like 2 minutes later. That whole line has looked like crap tonight actually.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see the Sharks come out on the right end of a heart breaker for once

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was that? Once again, score a goal in 3rd and take the lead and stop playing. Unbelievable ... but it is the Sharks so it is believable.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to complain about Pavelski's play. Every time we do he scores like 2 minutes later. That whole line has looked like crap tonight actually.

I agree. Like they are playing with legs in cement. Pavs takes a lazy penalty, Hertl making the bad play on a line change costing them a goal.