• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Preds

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic Sharks. Take the lead...stop playing and go into scramble / prevent mode.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great game though. Sharks just barely missed the timing with PM right at the end there. Let's see if they grow some balls and can finish this game properly.

I forget exactly what Steve Kerr said last year when the Warriors went down 1-2 in Round 2 but it was something like "every team has to face some sort of challenge to overcome in order to win a title." So, so true. This is the challenge right here for SJ.

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my opinion is next goal wins the series.

Sharks really took the foot off when they scored and nashville started pushing. hand it to nashville, but I am very disappointed with the prevent defense. The sharks have had so much success of late because late in the games playing the lead, they keep pushing, but they really got whooped that last 13 minutes.

Of course, would been nice for patty to take 1 more stride before floating there at the end. That goal would been ridiculously awesome!

Pretty bold statement calling game 4 of a 7 game series the decision maker. Especially if it's 2-2 and the team that lost has home ice

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pretty bold statement calling game 4 of a 7 game series the decision maker. Especially if it's 2-2 and the team that lost has home ice

Obviously I can very well be wrong. But I think nashville has been the better team in 3 straight, so 2-2 back home is bad when you are being outplayed. 3-1 though is deflating for the preds.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke of a call. Even Roenick and Carter agree. If not a goal then a cross checking penalties. Refs have no balls.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh well... 2-2... Man to go up 2-0 and lose this series would be brutal. The sharks really know how to break a heart.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
marleau another -2. congrats to him to find himself, yet again, the team leader in minus in the playoffs. He should have ended the game easily on the wrap but choked and sucked. he played more than 26 minutes including over 4 on the PP, and registered 1 shot. ONE. What a total loser.

I am amazed that we are back in the choke discussion. These last two games, they have not responded to adversity well at all. They got the big 3-2 lead, and then choked it away. Had two HUGE PPs in OT, and got next to nothing on 'em. maybe zero grade A chances.

This is yet another franchise defining 3 games coming up. They excorsized the king demons, but to do that and then go up 2-0 the next round and choke would do little for the franchise to shake the label, and doubly so to a lesser team like nashville.

Its only 2-2, so its a best of 3 with home field. They dominated the OT periods, so they played fine. if they dont, I gotta hope they make big changes by jettisoning PM, taking his $$$, and finding a much better use for it. The youth is great, the depth is fine, they just need a much much better return on that cash than a measly 5 pts, and just 2 goals in 9 games, and a team worst -3.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is your classic Sharks playoff game. Don't stay up for triple OT because you know how it is going end... ala Dallas and Edmonton a few years ago. They are lucky this game went to OT with all the posts Nashville hit. I was waiting for Jones to crack and he did. Rinne was really on and only a deflected goal was going to beat him.

That last 13 minutes in the 3rd was a joke. As soon as they took a 3-2 lead, they sat back and never matched the Preds intensity. Sharks have one gear. They look the same up 3-2 or down 3-2. And what was that turnover by Martin that gifted the 3rd goal.

Vlasic I thought had a weird game. Some bizarre decisions and he seemed to be mentally slow the whole night.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marleau another -2. congrats to him to find himself, yet again, the team leader in minus in the playoffs. He should have ended the game easily on the wrap but choked and sucked. he played more than 26 minutes including over 4 on the PP, and registered 1 shot. ONE. What a total loser.

I am amazed that we are back in the choke discussion. These last two games, they have not responded to adversity well at all. They got the big 3-2 lead, and then choked it away. Had two HUGE PPs in OT, and got next to nothing on 'em. maybe zero grade A chances.

This is yet another franchise defining 3 games coming up. They excorsized the king demons, but to do that and then go up 2-0 the next round and choke would do little for the franchise to shake the label, and doubly so to a lesser team like nashville.

Its only 2-2, so its a best of 3 with home field. They dominated the OT periods, so they played fine. if they dont, I gotta hope they make big changes by jettisoning PM, taking his $$$, and finding a much better use for it. The youth is great, the depth is fine, they just need a much much better return on that cash than a measly 5 pts, and just 2 goals in 9 games, and a team worst -3.

I heard a rumor Marleau is in DeBoer's doghouse? True or not true? I still see him on the first pp, but I thought I saw him with Nieto in OT and that would be the 4th line?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marleau is basically a 3rd liner now, but he did score 25 goals this year. An expensive 3rd liner though.

The OT pps sucked but it was Vlasic who annoyed me most there. Every time he ran the point, it was slow motion, and he lost his concentration on one instance and fumbled it over the blue line. And he didn't get back on that break away.

What happened to a guy like Wingels? His game is totally going down the drain. I thought he would be a 20 goal scorer eventually. Classic Shark forward. Him and Nieto, lots of initial promise, and fading into obscurity.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marleau is basically a 3rd liner now, but he did score 25 goals this year. An expensive 3rd liner though.

The OT pps sucked but it was Vlasic who annoyed me most there. Every time he ran the point, it was slow motion, and he lost his concentration on one instance and fumbled it over the blue line. And he didn't get back on that break away.

What happened to a guy like Wingels? His game is totally going down the drain. I thought he would be a 20 goal scorer eventually. Classic Shark forward. Him and Nieto, lots of initial promise, and fading into obscurity.

Agreed about pickles. He was definitely off his game. A few Dzone turnovers, missed soverages, and fumbles. He looked a little tires or a little under the weather there. and yes, patty is a 3rd liner, but his weak defensive play is really hurting. He did have 25 goals, but a whopping -22. He has 1 point and a -3 in this series. He is hurting the team more than helping and for nearly 7M/year, that's a whole lot of highly wasted resources that could be used far better elsewhere.

On the bright side, Jones continues to be very solid. he made several game saving saves including the toe stop on salomaki and the wilson breakaway. He has been the sharks MVP this PO's this far (along side burns), and has been shockingly consistent. He is obviously the goalie of the future, and his calmness and cool in the net is amazing. Clear that he is worth the first rounder in light of the sharks success this year.

Every team has adversity. The sharks have passed nicely up to now. They face a big challenge now. brutal disallowed goal. Hitting a crossbar in OT. having no fever than 5 to 10 A+ chances to win it only to lose. That could spell the end for a mentally weak team. This is the big test of their mettle, and I realllllllly hope they pass it and go on to win. If they do, it will be yet another proof that this year is different (the depth, goaltending, coaching is different). If they don't, it will cement them again as great chokers. SO giant....

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Edmonton all over again.
Agreed about pickles. He was definitely off his game. A few Dzone turnovers, missed soverages, and fumbles. He looked a little tires or a little under the weather there. and yes, patty is a 3rd liner, but his weak defensive play is really hurting. He did have 25 goals, but a whopping -22. He has 1 point and a -3 in this series. He is hurting the team more than helping and for nearly 7M/year, that's a whole lot of highly wasted resources that could be used far better elsewhere.

On the bright side, Jones continues to be very solid. he made several game saving saves including the toe stop on salomaki and the wilson breakaway. He has been the sharks MVP this PO's this far (along side burns), and has been shockingly consistent. He is obviously the goalie of the future, and his calmness and cool in the net is amazing. Clear that he is worth the first rounder in light of the sharks success this year.

Every team has adversity. The sharks have passed nicely up to now. They face a big challenge now. brutal disallowed goal. Hitting a crossbar in OT. having no fever than 5 to 10 A+ chances to win it only to lose. That could spell the end for a mentally weak team. This is the big test of their mettle, and I realllllllly hope they pass it and go on to win. If they do, it will be yet another proof that this year is different (the depth, goaltending, coaching is different). If they don't, it will cement them again as great chokers. SO giant....
I hope someway some how we can rebound from this but after a decade of heartbreak it can only feel like 2006 with Edmonton all over again.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like Edmonton all over again.

I hope someway some how we can rebound from this but after a decade of heartbreak it can only feel like 2006 with Edmonton all over again.

It does feel similar, and to blow a 3-0 lead and a 2-0 lead in consecutive playoffs would be yet another bitter pill. That said, the sharks played well overall in the OT. If they dominate, they will win. They just need to do a much better job on keeping up pressure and responding well when it matters. They also need their best players to be their best players. Pavelski, marleau, jumbo, hertl, ward, and cooch are needed to light the lamp regularly. All 6 were shut out of the goal scoring last game, and they havea combined one goal in the two games in nashville (patty's first which was great speed but also a bad misplay by Rinne.) Those six have to light the lamp and cannot go on a prolonged drought. I expect a tight, tough game 5, but I expect the sharks will win it. They dont want to choke again.

that said, Deboer has a major challenge ahead as well. He need to get his guys to come our ready tomorrow.

Ill be at game 5 and personally if its the last game I watch, I will be pretty devastated as I really felt (feel) like this year's team is different and have better goaltending, better depth, better leadership, and better coaching. I sure hope that's true...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Deboer does not have Marleau in the doghouse. Moved him up to the 2nd line with Cooch and Donkey. Paid off although Cooch looked to be at fault on the Nashville goal. Can someone please keep an eye on Fisher?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pass by Jumbo was a beauty