• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Preds

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They stopped playing after they scored the two goals. Jones needs to be better though. He gave up a couple softies tonight.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I fucking hate this team lol bring the ducking cat on the road

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Game 6 was on Jones. His worst game of the playoffs.

Well, Nash has never won a PO game at the Tank so there's hope lol.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 6 was on Jones. His worst game of the playoffs.

Well, Nash has never won a PO game at the Tank so there's hope lol.

Unfortunately, it also means that Nashville could be due to win one after going 0-7. Damn pathetic how tired the Sharks looked for most of the game. As Cmon posted before the game, the extra day off before Game 7 should benefit Nashville more than the Sharks. Just when you think that they have finally progressed with their will and character, they go into a passive shell after taking a 2-0 lead midway through the first period and blow it. This was a great chance to finish the series, and now they leave it to Game 7 where one bad bounce or deflection could end the season.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those kind of victories haven't happened since Ray Witney poked one home in OT against Calgary long ago.

Or when Jamie Baker scored the game winner late in the 3rd period in Game 7 at Detroit a little more than 22 years ago on 4/30/1994.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The silver lining in this is that the Preds have yet to have a really bad game in this series where the Sharks have at had atleast 3 subpar performances.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The silver lining in this is that the Preds have yet to have a really bad game in this series where the Sharks have at had atleast 3 subpar performances.

Preds were pretty bad Game 5....looked slow and tired....exactly how the Sharks looked last night.
All the things they did well in Game 5 were absent last night...dumping the puck in behind their D, first to the pucks, being physical, etc.
They were lucky to even get to OT and did not deserve to win. Outshot, outhit, face offs, everything. Jones didn't have a good game, neither did Rinne....
Of course I was hoping for the hockey gods to repay them for the Game 4 disallowed goal, but wasn't to be.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No one thought this would be an easy series. losing 2 games in OT after blowing 3rd period leads sucks, but the sharks can definitely beat nashville and I think they are the much better team.

I expect them to win game 7 at home, and if they do, all is forgiven and we move on. If they lose at home, it will be devastating... again... but at least its better than we expected at the start of the year. I figured they'd be a mid round and maybe win a round. I definitely did not expect WCF appearance or better. Obviously, it would be so disappointing, and the margin of loss would be so razor thin, but they didnt collapse like vs. LA. They have played hard and done well this series overall. Hopefully, they take game 7 at home, and its all good...

Also, the Stl-dal series is going 7 too, so its not like the next round opponent is sitting at home resting up. A win in game 7 thursday would not put them in a disadvantage going forward. I think they will come out hard and win.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That prevent victory bullshit needs to go away, boot on the throat put them away

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That prevent victory bullshit needs to go away, boot on the throat put them away

Yep, clearly alot of nerves and panic. Deboer has a major task ahead of him. He needs the team to play with pace, crisp execution, and a cool head. Pavs also needs to lead by example, and continue to produce and inspire with his own play as captain. Cooch did get the PP goal last game, but the majority of the top two lines were pretty quiet. Pavs, cooch, hertl, Thornton, Donskoi each registered just one shot on goal. Patty tied for the team lead with 2 shots. That's just not gunna cut it from your top 6. Those guys were awesome in game 5 and will need to come up big in game 7. However, I expect they will. Pavs is a leader and he will sacrifice it all to win game 7.

The only worry I have is the same worry ive had for months: the bottom pairing. Dillon and Polak are crushing the sharks. Dillon was -3 in just 14 mins of ice in game 6. Neither dillon nor poolak has a single point in the playoffs, they are combined -4, with 6 minor penalties taken. They are a clearly negative to the team, and I worry about them continuing to get exposed for the slow useless players that they are. Gunna need to really ride our top 4 D, just like nashville in game 7 to minimize the damage caused by those two.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one thought this would be an easy series. losing 2 games in OT after blowing 3rd period leads sucks, but the sharks can definitely beat nashville and I think they are the much better team.

I expect them to win game 7 at home, and if they do, all is forgiven and we move on. If they lose at home, it will be devastating... again... but at least its better than we expected at the start of the year. I figured they'd be a mid round and maybe win a round. I definitely did not expect WCF appearance or better. Obviously, it would be so disappointing, and the margin of loss would be so razor thin, but they didnt collapse like vs. LA. They have played hard and done well this series overall. Hopefully, they take game 7 at home, and its all good...

Also, the Stl-dal series is going 7 too, so its not like the next round opponent is sitting at home resting up. A win in game 7 thursday would not put them in a disadvantage going forward. I think they will come out hard and win.

Could we be seeing a trifecta of classic chokers here all playing to form. Capitals bombed out yesterday with their classic group of losers, Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie lol....St. Louis tonight, and then our glorious Sharks tomorrow. I would really like the Sharks to see the Blues. Two classic chokers in the wcf. One has to go to the Stanly Cup final.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, clearly alot of nerves and panic. Deboer has a major task ahead of him. He needs the team to play with pace, crisp execution, and a cool head. Pavs also needs to lead by example, and continue to produce and inspire with his own play as captain. Cooch did get the PP goal last game, but the majority of the top two lines were pretty quiet. Pavs, cooch, hertl, Thornton, Donskoi each registered just one shot on goal. Patty tied for the team lead with 2 shots. That's just not gunna cut it from your top 6. Those guys were awesome in game 5 and will need to come up big in game 7. However, I expect they will. Pavs is a leader and he will sacrifice it all to win game 7.

The only worry I have is the same worry ive had for months: the bottom pairing. Dillon and Polak are crushing the sharks. Dillon was -3 in just 14 mins of ice in game 6. Neither dillon nor poolak has a single point in the playoffs, they are combined -4, with 6 minor penalties taken. They are a clearly negative to the team, and I worry about them continuing to get exposed for the slow useless players that they are. Gunna need to really ride our top 4 D, just like nashville in game 7 to minimize the damage caused by those two.

Not been a fan of Braun either in this series. Gets pushed around too easily and losing the physical battles.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could we be seeing a trifecta of classic chokers here all playing to form. Capitals bombed out yesterday with their classic group of losers, Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie lol....St. Louis tonight, and then our glorious Sharks tomorrow. I would really like the Sharks to see the Blues. Two classic chokers in the wcf. One has to go to the Stanly Cup final.

Amazing.. even Nashville getting in will still officially make it a Choker's WCF. No matter what we're going to see a first-timer from the West. Let's see who chokes amongst chokers lol.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing.. even Nashville getting in will still officially make it a Choker's WCF. No matter what we're going to see a first-timer from the West. Let's see who chokes amongst chokers lol.

Well Blues have gotten through thanks to the Dallas goaltending meltdown. Good Lord. Jason Demers / Anti Niemi same old same old - lol.

Yes, a choker from the West will finally make it although the Blues were there way back when the West was stacked with expansion teams.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree. Dillon was brutal. I had just mentioned earlier in the series that he had actually been playing well. Oops.
Hopefully they win tonight....or it's gonna come back to the Game 4 BS on the Pavs goal...and I'd hate to see the season go down the tubes because of that.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter for tonight's Game 7, but the Sharks are 5-4 in Game 7's.

5 wins - at Detroit (1994), at Calgary (1995), at St. Louis (2000), vs. Calgary (2008), vs. Detroit (2011)

4 losses - at Toronto (1994), at Colorado (2002), at L.A. (2013), vs. L.A. (2014)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a surprisingly positive feeling about this game.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Matt Nieto tonight. Injured. Wingels back in. Not sure if that is a positive or negative.