• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is not an elite QB. He will never carry the team.

His first half was good. The 2nd half he had no time and the receivers had no separation.

So, sure, he didn't elevate the team. But he wasn't the reason why we lost.

No, he was part of the reason. So was basically everyone else on the team (including the coaches) outside of Walker.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nacua killed us. A rookie killed us.

Our secondary was dogshit all day. But after Nacua had clearly become the main target I can't believe how they just left him open over and over. Hurtt had no answer for Nacua, a rookie, and that's just piss poor coaching.

And Metcalfe should be benched against the Lions next week. I'm so beyond tired of him acting like a man baby game after game. And today his stupidity took away any faint hope we may have had a comeback . He is a fucking clown sometimes. Maybe a week on the bench will send a message to his pea brain that he is supposed to be a pro and his fucking fragile ego isn't more important than the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our secondary was dogshit all day. But after Nacua had clearly become the main target I can't believe how they just left him open over and over. Hurtt had no answer for Nacua, a rookie, and that's just piss poor coaching.

And Metcalfe should be benched against the Lions next week. I'm so beyond tired of him acting like a man baby game after game. And today his stupidity took away any faint hope we may have had a comeback . He is a fucking clown sometimes. Maybe a week on the bench will send a message to his pea brain that he is supposed to be a pro and his fucking fragile ego isn't more important than the team.

Hurtt's dumbass and Carroll had no answer for anything.

As for Metcalf, agreed... might as well. We're not winning next week against the Lions where Gibbs and Montgomery will combine for well over 300 yards against our revolutionary 2 down lineman defense...

Time for a coaching overhaul. We have the talent to do some things, but the coaching is either idiotic or out-dated at this point. I really thought our offense would respond better... but even Waldron is acting like a moron with no downfield shots or spreading out things... I'm also assuming that's Carroll holding him back like he's done with every other OC.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever defensive Scheme they’re running, scrap it, just scrap it before it’s too late and we throw away the entire season… This is a Leo defense right ?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, obviously that was a complete dogshit performance pretty much all the way around. A few things that stood out to me:
  • We swept them last year when Donald was out both games. Today looked pretty much like most of those other times when he destroyed us. The offense was marginally acceptable in the first half, but the 2nd was a complete disaster. Donald was a big reason why.
  • How did Geno miss Bobo wide open down the middle of the field on the little gadget play? I cannot remember what happened at the end of that drive, but hitting that easy TD may have changed the complexion of the game.
  • 3rd down play on both sides was pathetic. Incredibly frustrating to see the defense get beat time and again by a no-name 5th round rookie WR out of a 3rd rate college program. With as much as this organization has invested in the secondary over the last few years, how can this happen?? There's just no way the Rams should have TWO receivers with 100+ yards when Kupp is on the sideline in civvies.
  • I couldn't stand how this group looked like sore losers out there when the outcome was no longer in doubt. I get being frustrated and all and trying to make something happen, but that was classless. DK was the main culprit, but it wasn't just him. Losing sucks, but that doesn't mean you can't do it with some dignity and respect for the game.
  • If Charles Cross's season is over, that is going to be killer for the offense. The line was having a rough day already, even worse when both tackles went down.
  • Geno wasn't great but also wasn't horrible. He just didn't have much chance after the OL injuries, and of course Donald was making life miserable on the interior.
  • I sure hope we didn't blow a 20 overall pick on JSN to throw him 2 yard passes. To that end, it seems we are scared to throw it more than 6 yards down field to anyone but DK. And I guess we forgot over the off-season that we are unable to execute a screen?
Blah. I know it's just week 1, but this loss dropped my expectations for this team by a bunch. Next to no chance we win at Detroit next week, which is not something I can hardly believe to be typing. Lots of work to do.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever defensive Scheme they’re running, scrap it, just scrap it before it’s too late and we throw away the entire season… This is a Leo defense right ?
its starting to feel a bit like howard hughes is running our defense.
they made him look like an All Pro, dude was constantly wide open and caught almost everything.
it doesnt help that we had maybe 1 single pressure on their QB and most of the time he had 7 or 8 seconds of clean pocket. he could have gotten his nails done.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only player I can say anything positively about was Walker. And that's literally it. Even Geno was missing wide open guys and just looking for checkdowns.

I really have to wonder if Carroll stepped in and wanted to do his conservative bullshit style offense which I posted well before this game saying that would NOT work and they should attack downfield. We kept doing weird development passes instead of just chucking the ball downfield and using quick strike routes. We saw SOME flashes... JSN generally had his person beat... Metcalf was never given any deep throw outside of ones that had no chance or the TD (where he was wide open). Geno was throwing off his back foot 24/7....

And then this defense. If I see that stupid 2 down lineman bullshit next weekend, I might just shut off the game the moment it starts. I'm so fuckin' done with it. I thought we were going to push to a 3-4 this season (instead of that stupid ass system with 5-6 secondary players out there WTF?) but nope.. here we are again. I literally don't think I can stomach anymore of it.

We're basically like the Chicago government at this point.. take an already shit DC (Ken Norton = Lori Lighthead) and replace it with a shitter one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen seasons before where the defense was putrid to start the year and 4 - 5 games in they adjusted and at least were OK after.

They have to abandon whatever their thoughts are on this defensive scheme. It isn't working. Change back before it's too late.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then this defense. If I see that stupid 2 down lineman bullshit next weekend, I might just shut off the game the moment it starts. I'm so fuckin' done with it. I thought we were going to push to a 3-4 this season (instead of that stupid ass system with 5-6 secondary players out there WTF?) but nope.. here we are again. I literally don't think I can stomach anymore of it
they went out of their way to avoid taking a NT in round 1.
just put out 11 DBs on defense, fuck having a line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen seasons before where the defense was putrid to start the year and 4 - 5 games in they adjusted and at least were OK after.

They have to abandon whatever their thoughts are on this defensive scheme. It isn't working. Change back before it's too late.
I mean I think you're just kind of stuck now. You could move Hall/Mafe to 4-3 end, Nwosu is injured so maybe you just trade him... you didn't draft any DT outside of Young who is okay but boy it would've been nice to have someone else.

Again, Seattle did this dumbass radical 3-4 switch and with a TON of draft ammo and decent cap room hasn't done fuck all to staff it accordingly... yet they keep drafting guys to fill the hole so now switching back at this point with hardly any cap and not much next season is just GG.

Pete for some reason got way too cute with how he wanted to run that defense, and it's backfired horribly.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never seen a game quite like that under this regime... I mean we're back to Mora Jr. days... And echo'ing his Dad yah, I really hope at this point Seattle can win a game. Sure as F isn't happening next week.

I think this will be Pete's last year, and it should be. They've got a lot of good talent, time to find a coach that knows how to utilize it and stop this ego trip (I guess?) that Pete appears to be doing. "2 down lineman, 4-5 linebackers, 4-5 secondary players! RA RA *gum chew*" it's done. You're a defensive minded head coach and your defense has been some of the worst the league has seen over the last 3-4 years. Your style is old, and I felt like Waldron was severely limited today in what he was calling. It felt fine to start, but then as soon as we got the lead it went VERY Pete Carroll'ish.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype train came crashing down the tunnel. Rams had Kupp and Woods running circles around us...Oh wait.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who on the team can we count on to step up and make a play when we need one?
right now it feels like nobody.
I think this will be Pete's last year, and it should be. They've got a lot of good talent,
almost none on the DL though, whoever they bring in will have to do a total rebuild there.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining alert: was Wagner only one tackle away from tying the single game record?? 19 tackles is insane

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Broncos also lost and Wilson was pretty mid?

I mean there is no silver lining in what happened today.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Week 1 so pretty much everything is an overreaction and I've seen plenty of teams lay eggs and be fine and teams look like world beaters crash down to earth not long afterwards.

However there is not sugar coating that was pretty awful on the Hawks part. I thought after watching the Steelers this morning they'd for sure be the worst team I saw this week but not to overuse a meme but the Hawks and Giants said hold my beer. It's tough to decide who was worse between the Hawks and Giants because while the Giants overall played the worse at least you could say they did it against a top 3 team in the NFC whereas the Hawks did it against a team that is probably going to be a .500ish team at best.

The weird thing to me is while I've never been the biggest fan of Carroll as many here probably know I do at least acknowledge his teams are generally prepared and well-coached but today it almost seemed like they didn't watch any film, practice, or even knew there was a game today.

I mean how do you let not just one but two WR get 119 yards with a Kuppless Rams team? I could understand one having a big game if Kupp was there taking the attention of the defense but two guys without Kupp and nobody is mistaking that duo for Chase and Jefferson I'd almost say someone should get fired for that.

What's worse is McVay has been coach of the team for the Rams for a while and he and Shanahan run pretty similar offenses so Carroll basically sees this offense 4 times a year at least so you'd think it wouldn't catch him so badly off guard.

I expect them to pull themselves together and be decent this year. I predicted early that they'd likely have the same records as last season just have higher quality wins and less terrible losses and I still will hold to that. I'm guessing people will be less eager to pick the Hawks to unseat the 9ers for the division though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I think you're just kind of stuck now. You could move Hall/Mafe to 4-3 end, Nwosu is injured so maybe you just trade him... you didn't draft any DT outside of Young who is okay but boy it would've been nice to have someone else.

Again, Seattle did this dumbass radical 3-4 switch and with a TON of draft ammo and decent cap room hasn't done fuck all to staff it accordingly... yet they keep drafting guys to fill the hole so now switching back at this point with hardly any cap and not much next season is just GG.

Pete for some reason got way too cute with how he wanted to run that defense, and it's backfired horribly.
Pete knows better, he knows dam well the importance of a pass rush and D line , he’s been in this game way too long, and is known as a defensive coach, he knows what it takes, so now he gets cute ? Today was embarrassing and if he allows this shit show to continue he’s gonna kill his legacy… 2 down lineman shit was ticking me off to know end, let’s just have no D line and run 11 corners out there , then wonder why we give up 680 yards rushing a game .,, @@&&&@$$!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey our Defense played uninspired and our QB played uninspired. They all looked like they thought playing the Rams was going to be a cake walk win and got punched in the mouth. A ton of these guys did not get much playing time in the preseason and it looked like it out there. This 100% looked like a typical 3rd preseason game ( In a 4 preseason game setup )when starters finally get to play a little then sit down after half time. They didn't even show up in the 2nd half.

Geno threw for 112 yards people, if you dont think he had a big part in the loss you are higher than a kite. He looked like he made up his mind before the play who the player was he was going to throw to. He read NOTHING he ignored wide open players. Geno looked like he was playing fooking SCARED out there.

Imagine a Offense that has DK Metcalf and Tylor Lockett and they pass for only 112 yards? Geno Had Lockett for a TD had he thrown the ball sooner he had Bobo for a TD had he just saw him. Right now Geno has zero chemistry with this offense and that was his main issue in New York. If Geno looks like this next week I want to see lock come in ASAP. Geno 100% needs to play inspired out there, this offense will go only as far as HE TAKES IT. This Last game he didn't take it out of the tunnel.

Last edited: