• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Lions Week 2

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I think we now have all the crying, overreacting, and mourning out of our systems from the week 1 loss. I know its a tough loss to swallow but life still goes on and we need to focus on the Lions. We will see the Rams again this season seeking blood.

For the Lions match up we will have both Jamal Adams and Devon Witherspoon playing I am sure they will be fired up. We can all agree that the offensive line will be the biggest concern but I truly believe after that embarrassment opening day the team is not looking to start the season 0-2. The Lions are a motivated team so this will be a tough game. I'm pushing the hawks to get the W.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good take... Agreed... This is a new game and there is nothing the team can do right now about the loss to the Rams but go forward and work their damnest to get a win in Detroit against a very good team...

OL will definitely be a, "NEW" concern after going into the season believing that the offense would be just fine... We need the offense to hold on to the ball and control TOP resulting in TD's at the end of most of their drives... Detroit is going to put up points on us... I'd be surprised if they don't score at least 30 points on our defense....

Speaking of the defense, they need to show up... I don't believe we can win another 48-45 type of a shoot out this year so they need to get to the QB... Goff is one of those that feels like he's getting pressure throughout the game - he will turn the ball over and make stupid decisions... Detroit has a very good OL so we will need to blitz at times to change things up... Never understood why we rarely blitz while running a 3-4... Honestly makes zero sense to me actually... Curious to see how they move Jamal Adams around... I'm assuming he'll be in on mostly passing situations only...

We can't fall behind a few scores early because our OL/Geno will struggle to beat the pass rush from their DL, specifically Aiden Hutchinson who could have a field day whether or not we fall behind... That dude is a beast... So is their rookie LB, Campbell... 6'5" LB? He's the real deal...

All I know is if we struggle putting pressure on the QB and Jalen Carter dominates the LOS again this weekend - i'm going to be bummed out... That decision is still a sore thumb for me... I hope it won't/doesn't haunt us forever...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have the talent on the DL to get to the QB, Goff is going to have a field day. once we are down two scores, its over.
I like geno, I think he has talent but he doesnt have the IT factor to will the team to victory. He needs to play with a lead and getting behind by even 10 points feels overwhelming.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good take... Agreed... This is a new game and there is nothing the team can do right now about the loss to the Rams but go forward and work their damnest to get a win in Detroit against a very good team...

OL will definitely be a, "NEW" concern after going into the season believing that the offense would be just fine... We need the offense to hold on to the ball and control TOP resulting in TD's at the end of most of their drives... Detroit is going to put up points on us... I'd be surprised if they don't score at least 30 points on our defense....

Speaking of the defense, they need to show up... I don't believe we can win another 48-45 type of a shoot out this year so they need to get to the QB... Goff is one of those that feels like he's getting pressure throughout the game - he will turn the ball over and make stupid decisions... Detroit has a very good OL so we will need to blitz at times to change things up... Never understood why we rarely blitz while running a 3-4... Honestly makes zero sense to me actually... Curious to see how they move Jamal Adams around... I'm assuming he'll be in on mostly passing situations only...

We can't fall behind a few scores early because our OL/Geno will struggle to beat the pass rush from their DL, specifically Aiden Hutchinson who could have a field day whether or not we fall behind... That dude is a beast... So is their rookie LB, Campbell... 6'5" LB? He's the real deal...

All I know is if we struggle putting pressure on the QB and Jalen Carter dominates the LOS again this weekend - i'm going to be bummed out... That decision is still a sore thumb for me... I hope it won't/doesn't haunt us forever...

My take on Jalen Carter is that it all depends on how witherspoon pans out. If he becomes a bust and Carter turns into an all pro then I would also be bummed. If Witherspoon turns into a Patrick Surtain or Jalen Ramsey then its all fine with me. As long as he doesn't bust and turn into a wasted pick opportunity. I found it interesting that other teams were also passing on Carter.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they took a CB top 5 to play slot over a potentially elite DT, thats criminal mis drafting. Im sorry but its an unforgivable sin.
Taking a corner top 5 should be outside shut down corner like sauce, not a fucking nickel corner.
I think it was Greg bell on kjr who said they drafted him to play nickel and shore up the run defense. Wtf? Thats an absolute joke, its getting cute bullshit which they have been guilty of in round 1 for a long time now.
Carter could have potentially transformed this defense, a slot corner isnt going to do that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I think we now have all the crying, overreacting, and mourning out of our systems from the week 1 loss. I know its a tough loss to swallow but life still goes on and we need to focus on the Lions. We will see the Rams again this season seeking blood.

For the Lions match up we will have both Jamal Adams and Devon Witherspoon playing I am sure they will be fired up. We can all agree that the offensive line will be the biggest concern but I truly believe after that embarrassment opening day the team is not looking to start the season 0-2. The Lions are a motivated team so this will be a tough game. I'm pushing the hawks to get the W.
I doubt Jamal Cupcake Adams plays. He all ready has stretched a 6 month recovery time to over a year. Then we got Brooks who had a year recovery time injury and he came back in 8 1/2 months so i guess it all evens out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have modest expectations for this game. I do feel strongly the team will look better, but sadly I think that might be what we will settle for and not get the W. I think before the season I would've said the chances of starting 2-0 were greater than 0-2, but things often don't work out the way you think they will. It doesn't mean I don't think there's a chance this team gets it going later, but right now I just can't see why this should be a win with how dogshit they looked just a few days ago.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will get destroyed. The Lions OL is twice as better as the Rams, they have far better runningbacks, better receivers... QB isn't as good but see the rest.

Hutchinson is no Donald (yet) but their defense is still better than what the Rams have. On the road... and both Cross/Lucas are out (oh yay Jason Peters to the rescue lol).

34 Lions, 9 Hawks. This is going to be a blowout. If Witherspoon is not in the #2 CB position the entire game, what a pathetic signing. Watch Carter dominate tonight. And I hope it is a blowout, I'm done with Carroll's bullshit 2 down lineman defense and this radical switch to a 3-4 defense that he knows nothing about. Obvious to me Hurtt/Norton are/were just yes men at this point and do whatever he wants.

Sorry I know I'm down and being a negative Nancy, but last weeks performance was the most pathetic thing I've seen in the Carroll era and I can't think of a game as close. I could stomach it against an elite team, which the Rams are not.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just him? Start all Detroit fantasy options.
As long as they're not on my team in the the SportsHoopla Seahawks Board fantasy league. That's the kiss of death this year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will get destroyed. The Lions OL is twice as better as the Rams, they have far better runningbacks, better receivers... QB isn't as good but see the rest.

Hutchinson is no Donald (yet) but their defense is still better than what the Rams have. On the road... and both Cross/Lucas are out (oh yay Jason Peters to the rescue lol).

34 Lions, 9 Hawks. This is going to be a blowout. If Witherspoon is not in the #2 CB position the entire game, what a pathetic signing. Watch Carter dominate tonight. And I hope it is a blowout, I'm done with Carroll's bullshit 2 down lineman defense and this radical switch to a 3-4 defense that he knows nothing about. Obvious to me Hurtt/Norton are/were just yes men at this point and do whatever he wants.

Sorry I know I'm down and being a negative Nancy, but last weeks performance was the most pathetic thing I've seen in the Carroll era and I can't think of a game as close. I could stomach it against an elite team, which the Rams are not.

Yeah super negative Nancy, how about we just give up on the season and trade everybody, fire pete carroll and sell the franchise if we lose this weekend.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the Lions having a better D than the Rams. The Rams were an unknown besides Donald but A.D. is like having 3 pro bowlers. Arguably, in a category with LT and Reggie as best defensive player ever. Raheem Morris is also a top notch DC that had them prepared and then when our tackles went out, smelled blood and adjusted. The Lions are so-so besides Hutch. Our O-line is now a concern though and our D has to be a lot better. I think we can move the ball on the Lions but we also have to score TDs and not settle for FGs.
To me, it comes down to Pete having these guys better prepared. Fuck positivity and rah, rah. Get a lunch pail and go to work. Hold guys accountable for fuck ups and if DK pulls another stupid stunt, chew his ass out, sit him on the bench and send a clear message to the team that nobody is above the team. Not Pete's style but he needs to see it and change some things. It's a long season and there is a lot of ball to play. Call last week our 4th pre-season or whatever but all this bitching does nothing. Get Bobo and Charbonnet involved a little in the pass game as well. Don't be so fucking predictable.
Also, Woolen has to be in press man to man, imo. This zone scheme does not work with guys like that, imo. The quick guys like St. Brown just chew up that zone too easy and our corners are too far off to be effective we don't really have anybody inside that can cover for long. So we need to generate a pass rush. We really need to see if Witherspoon can play so get him out there and let him have whatever growing pains it takes. I would love to see us bounce back and get the dub but more importantly, I want to see better preparation, discipline, work ethic and FFS, 3rd down play on both sides.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Cross and Lucas are out it's going to be another tough outing as the D is a work in progress and the Seahawks needed the offense to lighten the load for the D. Good that Witherspoon and Adams may play, but they won't be 100% and would need time to get in sync in any case. I'm bracing for the worse and hoping for the best.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Cross and Lucas are out it's going to be another tough outing as the D is a work in progress and the Seahawks needed the offense to lighten the load for the D. Good that Witherspoon and Adams may play, but they won't be 100% and would need time to get in sync in any case. I'm bracing for the worse and hoping for the best.

Best case scenario after last week is that the whole defense need time to get in sync, so they're in good company on that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Witherspoon is practicing fully not limited so he should be as close to 100% as ever and well Adams he wont play and if he does it might be for 5 to 8 plays only.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah super negative Nancy, how about we just give up on the season and trade everybody, fire pete carroll and sell the franchise if we lose this weekend.
When the season is over, Carroll needs to take it upon himself to retire.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is out, of course he is. We will be lucky if he plays next week because as soon as he is full speed in practice... he is going to hurt something again.

he has played 25 games out of 52 possible and that's counting the games he started but didn't finish as a full game. the real number would be like 20. lol

Wish Ryan Neal was still on the team. Imagine giving up on the highest rated Strong safety in the 2022 season because of the money you have to pay to Jamal Adams.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is out, of course he is. We will be lucky if he plays next week because as soon as he is full speed in practice... he is going to hurt something again.

he has played 25 games out of 52 possible and that's counting the games he started but didn't finish as a full game. the real number would be like 20. lol

Wish Ryan Neal was still on the team. Imagine giving up on the highest rated Strong safety in the 2022 season because of the money you have to pay to Jamal Adams.

With regards to Adams:

245ec581-5586-4cbd-8629-8ee26226c666_text.gif

And agreed, letting go of Neal was one of the stupidest decisions this FO has made, and that's saying something. We finally get a guy that can adapt to Carroll's stupid ass system, and we let him go lol.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Letting Neal walk had nothing to do with Jamal Adams. I don't know why they let Neal go, but the Seahawks brought in Julian Love and paid him nearly $4 million this year. Neal signed for $1 million in Tampa Bay. I would've been fine giving Neal Love's deal.