• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not all on Geno, our defense is putrid.. That being said, Geno has looked bad today though

Geno wasn't bad before both tackles went out in back to back drives.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole fuckin' team looks like shit. Geno looked like shit too... he couldn't locate fuck all and missed Bobo of all people for a wide open TD. He was missing stuff prior to both OTs going down.

The entire team (and coaches included) looked asleep.

Now with both OTs out, Lockett banged up, and Nwosu walking off... stick a fork in this team. Just play the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

This insistence on this dumbass 2 down lineman crap... it absolutely baffles me. You know the reason a lot of us on the forum rated the Witherspoon pick an F? Because we didn't have any down lineman, we never had a 3-4 personnel to begin with... so our solution? Run a 2 down lineman system which we did last year and apparently still have today... it might actually be the dumbest coaching move in NFL history. Especially when we had the personnel to do a DECENT 4-3 last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno impressed last year, but I was NEVER a big fan of giving him a huge contract… It’s a risk when his entire career he was sub par …

Defense was atrocious. Offense was lost once Abe and Charles went down.

And these 2nd collapses have been a hall mark of our team for the past 4 years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole fuckin' team looks like shit. Geno looked like shit too... he couldn't locate fuck all and missed Bobo of all people for a wide open TD. He was missing stuff prior to both OTs going down.

The entire team looked asleep.

Now with both OTs out, Lockett banged up, and Nwosu walking off... stick a fork in this team. Just play the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.
I don't think he missed Bobo. He had a guy coming at him from that direction and I don't think he felt he could get the ball off.

It's only one game but those injuries could be a killer if they are significant

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams converted 11 3rd downs. 11!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't help us to win it did he? He missed wide open players all day threw the ball out of bounds and just plays uninspired football.

I'm as critical of Geno as anyone, but I'm not putting much of this loss on Geno. I wish it was the case that the team played well and Geno fell on his face - it would be easier to explain why they were so bad and easier to possibly adjust. Whole units of this team need to change next week.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he missed Bobo. He had a guy coming at him from that direction and I don't think he felt he could get the ball off.

It's only one game but those injuries could be a killer if they are significant

I don't think this is only one game at all.

They looked like absolute shit against pretty much a destitute team with hardly any decent free agent acquisitions and top end draft picks. You're telling me the Rams hit on a bunch of late round picks and nobodies? Hey, if that's the case, welcome to the first time that's probably happened in the NFL. I guess we got Major League (baseball movie) in the NFL real life!

This was bar none the most atrocious performance I've seen in the Carroll era. And I'll expect the: "Okay Shark, way to exaggerate" but this isn't an exaggeration at all. I actually expected Seattle to come out and win this hands down. And I don't say that lightly. We were better at every position barring DT and maybe QB... that's it.

Oh you know what, there's one other position I'm forgetting that we clearly aren't better at. Coaching. Because for Pete/Waldron to come out with that offensive gameplan (hardly any shots downfield) and that stupid fucking dumbass 2 down lineman bullshit.... yah. A college coach could beat that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the opening day game back in 97 when Seattle played the Jets at home , we got utterly decimated 41-3 in a total blowout, we couldn’t do anything right… I can honestly say, this game feels worse even though it’s not a massive blowout … It’s the way our D looked after all the so called changes and improvements… I realize we have no Witherspoon or Adams, but I don’t think it mattered today, and it might not matter going forward because Pete will beat this dead horse for a while and let Hurt continue this dumb experiment…

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is only one game at all.

They looked like absolute shit against pretty much a destitute team with hardly any decent free agent acquisitions and top end draft picks. You're telling me the Rams hit on a bunch of late round picks and nobodies? Hey, if that's the case, welcome to the first time that's probably happened in the NFL. I guess we got Major League (baseball movie) in the NFL real life!

This was bar none the most atrocious performance I've seen in the Carroll era. And I'll expect the: "Okay Shark, way to exaggerate" but this isn't an exaggeration at all. I actually expected Seattle to come out and win this hands down. And I don't say that lightly. We were better at every position barring DT and maybe QB... that's it.

Oh you know what, there's one other position I'm forgetting that we clearly aren't better at. Coaching. Because for Pete/Waldron to come out with that offensive gameplan (hardly any shots downfield) and that stupid fucking dumbass 2 down lineman bullshit.... yah. A college coach could beat that.

What is the Pete Carroll era would give you the idea that Seattle would run away with this game. This game is almost a perfect case that Seattle would lose this game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno wasn't bad before both tackles went out in back to back drives.
Thats not true he was missing open WR and dinking in the first half. Geno is who Geno is and last year he got lucky and it helped him but then again look how last seasons last 7 games went for him, he was meh at best. Stafford is a good QB but he shouldn't out play a supposed "good" QB at home and it wasn't even close. Everyone will look at Geno's completion percentage and say " it wasn't Geno" and thats false Part of it was Geno and the 2 for 9 on 3rd downs. The inability to extend drives to use his athletic ability to do so but the most athletic QB on the field today was Stafford lmao.

Geno

Yes the Defense is trash but we all expected that did we not? Have you all NOT been paying attention OUR DEFENSE HAS BEEN TRASH and HAS ONLY GOT WORSE under Hurtts. What were you expecting? But the offense couldn't do SHEET in the 2nd half to let them rest. What did they have like 40 yards in the whole 2nd half?

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Pete Carroll era would give you the idea that Seattle would run away with this game. This game is almost a perfect case that Seattle would lose this game.

Well, by your measure then we should let Pete go, huh? I actually thought we were talented enough to run away with this game. Seattle's been there before (hello earlier Pete Carroll years where we had a lot of talent and early picks).

The offensive gameplan, the dumbass 2 down lineman defense (that didn't do fuck all last year) run ALL day practically, the SUPER soft zone... c'mon...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not true he was missing open WR and dinking in the first half. Geno is who Geno is and last year he got lucky and it helped him but then again look how last seasons last 7 games when he was meh at best. Stafford is a good QB but he shouldn't out play a supposed "good" QB at home and it wasn't even close. Everyone will look at Geno's completion percentage and say " it wasn't Geno" and thats false Part of it was Geno and the 2 for 9 on 3rd downs. The inability to extend drives to use his athletic ability to do so but the most athletic QB on the field today was Stafford lmao.

Agreed. Guy had blinders on all day... he couldn't locate fuck all downfield and when he did the throws were generally trash.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't help us to win it did he? He missed wide open players all day threw the ball out of bounds and just plays uninspired football.
Geno is not an elite QB. He will never carry the team.

His first half was good. The 2nd half he had no time and the receivers had no separation.

So, sure, he didn't elevate the team. But he wasn't the reason why we lost.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depressing game all the way around. Geno played uninspired. Defense was bad. Only bright spots Walker ran hard and Love made a few nice plays.

I mean Harold basically summarized my ranting and anger in this very simplistic post. Thanks Harold :suds: