• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, which is why I wasn't too excited that we extended Pete Carroll when we did... His philosophy is great and all but his conservative, "prehistoric approach" is holding us back... I feel like he would do us justice and retire... We need some new blood going forward... I love an appreciate everything PC has done for us (Best Coach in Hawk History) but you have to know when to move on... You don't want to move on and be reactive to a situation... We need to be proactive... Sometimes being proactive comes with difficult decisions... This is one of them...

I can see Schneider moving on because he's basically left our cupboard bare at this point... Reminds me of the Mariners farm system 3 years ago...

just to throw an idea out there, Russell Wilson/Rashaad Penny for DeShawn Watson? :D

I hate giving away draft picks, love Jamal Adams he’s a freakish talent but not having a first round pick the next 2 seasons sucks ....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate giving away draft picks, love Jamal Adams he’s a freakish talent but not having a first round pick the next 2 seasons sucks ....

Well as I was saying yesterday...

We could get them back from Detroit. You know president was set when Gurden was traded from Oakland to Tampa.

Jon Gruden trade details
Raiders receive: Two first-round picks; two second-round picks; $8 million
Buccaneers receive: Head coach Jon Gruden

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.... The way I look at it is would I rather have a #1 who 'may' play up to expectations or have a bonified, consistent stud... Adams is a HOF type of talent... #6 overall pick in the NFL Draft... When's the last time we ever drafted that high to get a stud?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been frustrating season for sure, despite making the playoffs. Can't say I was shocked it was one and done, because the Seahawks were shaky all season. The offense actually changed a lot this season as they got away from Pete's usual ground and pound and went with a pass heavy offense. Guess it was more of a let "Russell cook" idea of a offense. That didn't work for spit, as Russell play dropped from great to borderline awful. Some is on the OL. Seemed like a jailbreak for the opponents DL on almost every play, pretty tough to perform under those circumstances. Still to often it was actually RW fault, over throwing WRs, or throwing a pick. The solution is to improve the OL, something Pete and John have never been able to do adequately and though it's a common problem around the league, no team has been consistently bad at it as the Seahawks have been. Secondly they need to quit constantly going way down field on passing plays with this shitty OL. Quick hitting pass plays is what works better, especially as often the corners are giving our WRs a sizable cushion. I also think they need to go back to pounding the rock because if the run game is clicking it makes things so much easier for RW.
I'm fine with changing coordinators, both of them even, but I'm fine with keeping them also, as I think talent is what makes for success and the Seahawks are some what short on that in many areas especially in the trenches. I think I agree with our resident grouchy old man about the Seahawks getting the short end of the stick on trades. The Adams trade was a all in move and that was foolish given all the holes the Seahawks had/have. Now they have to deal with the consequences of that trade. No first or third this draft and no first in the 2022 draft and they have to sign Adams. Heck they could of waited then signed him as a FA. IDK how anyone actually feels all those picks basically for 12 games was worth all that capitol. Would of been worth it ( maybe) if the Seahawks actually had the roster to challenge for a SuperBowl appearance, but they were far short of that with the roster. IDK if Scheider actually leaves, but if he does it might help change how the Seahawks keep over paying on trades maybe.
Kind of discouraging seeing the Seahawks with all these holes on the roster and very little draft capitol , especially considering the division opponents are going to be improved next season. Seahawks are going to have to strike gold with the few picks they have and uncover some gems in free agency to keep pace. As for Pete, he's here for the next few years ....period , right or wrong and we may as well embrace that as a reality

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of draft picks is to get good players though. Isn't that what we did? Sure, it cost 2 1st rounders as opposed to 1 for Adams, but you're not getting anywhere close to that much talent where we always pick in rnd 1. How man LJ Colliers is Jamal Adams worth? Less than 2? No way. Usually by the time we pick in round 1, all the players with 1st round grades are long gone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of draft picks is to get good players though. Isn't that what we did? Sure, it cost 2 1st rounders as opposed to 1 for Adams, but you're not getting anywhere close to that much talent where we always pick in rnd 1. How man LJ Colliers is Jamal Adams worth? Less than 2? No way. Usually by the time we pick in round 1, all the players with 1st round grades are long gone.
You never know for sure what you’re getting in the draft because they’re all prospects, BUT you can land gems and you get a young talented player for years to come that doesn’t eat up the cap... Soon we’re gonna be paying Jamal massive dollars which means we’re gonna need to make space by letting other talent go....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.... The way I look at it is would I rather have a #1 who 'may' play up to expectations or have a bonified, consistent stud... Adams is a HOF type of talent... #6 overall pick in the NFL Draft... When's the last time we ever drafted that high to get a stud?

Love Jamal, great having him, I’m just greedy for draft picks ! And yeah it’s been a while, Pete's first year I think we got Okung 4th and Earl like 14th ?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know for sure what you’re getting in the draft because they’re all prospects, BUT you can land gems and you get a young talented player for years to come that doesn’t eat up the cap... Soon we’re gonna be paying Jamal massive dollars which means we’re gonna need to make space by letting other talent go....
I think it's about what you can reasonably expect. Sure, you can get Richard Sherman in the 5th round once in a blue moon, but it's not a reasonable expectation. You can get a HOF QB in the 3rd that starts from day 1, never misses a game, and has double digit winning records 8 times in 9 seasons, but that's also not a reasonable expectation. I also don't think it's reasonable to expect a talent like Jamal Adams at the end of round 1, and it's much more likely you're going to get someone like LJ Collier, James Carpenter, or Ifedi. Teams like the Jets get chances to draft the Jamal Adams type players every year. Teams like the Hawks will not, so you have to pay somehow for the opportunity -- either draft capital or big FA $. So the opportunity cost for Jamal is a 1st round pick. Well worth it to me because there's no reasonable expectation we would ever have a shot at a player like that any other way unless we have to outspend other teams in free agency. And having to pay Jamal Adams is a good problem to have in my opinion. Same for when DK comes due. Having to pay those guys the big bucks means you got it right, not an easy thing to do.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we keep adams when his contract is up, like every other player we traded for.

There is going to be a reckoning soon, i just hope its not next year and we hand the jets a top 10 pick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else feel like with the way the Hawks offense functions that Brian Schottenheimer ( a pure running style OC ) is not even fit to coach them? I sure do as this is not what he does. He has never had an offense look good in the passing game and to be honest we can all admit that Russell Wilsons 2nd half of the season was one of the worst we have seen ever from him. People figured out what the hawks were doing the first 5 weeks and the Seahawks had no answer and no ability to adjust. It was the same thing every week and we were like "Hey they were awesome before they will turn it around" we waited for 8+ weeks and Cheered on a resurgent Defense only to continue to scratch our heads as to what is wrong with this offense.

It only takes 5 seconds to look at B.S. history and success rate in offensive phases of the game. Wasn't pretty but was par for the course of what we have seen. the big one is what seems to be his ability to start out ok or about average and then end horribly.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like not enough blame is passed to Russell Wilson. He gets a ton of praise when we win but when we struggle especially on offense its always the narrative that its the OC or Pete Carroll cant coach or he doesn't have enough help. Bottom line it was this offense led by RW vs a defense led by Aaron Donald and the defense won the battle. RW threw for over 4000 yards and 40 TDs then throws a pick 6.

The decision to sign Josh Gordon was a disaster and we should have went harder in signing Antonio Brown. I have said whenever the deep ball to DK is not available and we are not able to run the ball we struggle. I am not sure what happened to Lockett but Brown could have been a nice option in that last game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we keep adams when his contract is up, like every other player we traded for.

There is going to be a reckoning soon, i just hope its not next year and we hand the jets a top 10 pick.

They almost have to keep Adams now, we gave up to much ... Letting him go would be a disaster ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First order of business is rid of Shotty. Someone in the FO needs to tell Pete his vision of offense has become a thing of the past and have to go get a good upcoming assistant from one of the contending clubs to be our new OC and get this offense back on par with the league.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First order of business is rid of Shotty. Someone in the FO needs to tell Pete his vision of offense has become a thing of the past and have to go get a good upcoming assistant from one of the contending clubs to be our new OC and get this offense back on par with the league.
I dont think its necessarily the offensive scheme, we dont have the OL to run it. Wilson is running for his life again and our run game isng dominant.

That said, the adjustments arent there like they should be.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fired pederson, ditch shottenheimer and let him run our offense.

Dont Put That Evil On Me Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it suck that they gave up two first for Adams sure, but because of Covid, it isn’t that terrible that they don’t have draft capital. There is a crap load of undrafted free agents from the 2020 draft class that hasn’t had a chance and the 2021 class is going to be the biggest cluster of picks.