• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article by John Clayton on regards to the direction our offense "Tried" to go...

Key points:
  • Seahawks rushed 40.2% of the time / passed 59.8% of the time... 19th in the league in run ratio...
  • Chris Carson had 12 attempts per game this year / 18.5 attempts prior year
  • 4 of the teams in the postseason were top 7 in run ratio (Bmore; NO; GB; Clev)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its necessarily the offensive scheme, we dont have the OL to run it. Wilson is running for his life again and our run game isng dominant.

That said, the adjustments arent there like they should be.
I do agree our o-line crapped out again but I didn't see any creativity on offense. Outside of the Jets game the last 2 months the offense looked stale and seemed like the opposing D knew what was coming.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fired pederson, ditch shottenheimer and let him run our offense.
No no no no. I'm fine with Shotty being replaced but Doug is not a creative genius as people thought he was. Frank Reich was the creative genius behind Wentz's rookie year and the Eagles SB run the following year. Once he left for Indy the offense couldn't produce much of an offense for his last 3yrs there, Wentz regressed horribly and opposing defenses were barking out their plays. Hell Seattle's defensive players gloated about that last season. He's a nice guy but that's about it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sums it up quite succinctly. We cant continue on the present course and not win anything or dramatically change everything and have hope we can win something.

Its time for change.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sums it up quite succinctly. We cant continue on the present course and not win anything or dramatically change everything and have hope we can win something.

Its time for change.
"At some point, Schneider needs to be held accountable for assembling a roster that requires the quarterback to be a world-beater in order to win. Look no further than his track record in the first round of drafts since 2013."

Says it all....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn going to Cowboys......faaak

Can’t understand why Pete didn’t jump on that.... If he goes another season with Norton he’s officially lost his mind... We’re not sniffing another title shot under his leadership...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree our o-line crapped out again but I didn't see any creativity on offense. Outside of the Jets game the last 2 months the offense looked stale and seemed like the opposing D knew what was coming.
This is what Robert Turbin said in a tweet that the offense looked very basic. I would imagine playing a game where the defense is giving you nothing they didn't feel comfortable trying to be fancy especially having thrown a pick 6 earlier in the game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t understand why Pete didn’t jump on that.... If he goes another season with Norton he’s officially lost his mind... We’re not sniffing another title shot under his leadership...

The way Norton and the Defense played for the last 8+ games i can't see him getting canned at all. That was one of the greatest turnarounds for a teams defense i have ever seen and i am not just talking for a Seahawks team, I am talking for any NFL Defense. Sure we have seen great turnarounds as in one year bad next year good but not like this DURING the season. Norton coached himself into another season. Schotty ... i am not so sure of. Pete was talking about they really need to get the running game working. Issue is when they started to really push to get the running game working the offense tanked HARD. That is supposed to be Shotty's thing and his thing has been sub par.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Norton and the Defense played for the last 8+ games i can't see him getting canned at all. That was one of the greatest turnarounds for a teams defense i have ever seen and i am not just talking for a Seahawks team, I am talking for any NFL Defense. Sure we have seen great turnarounds as in one year bad next year good but not like this DURING the season. Norton coached himself into another season. Schotty ... i am not so sure of. Pete was talking about they really need to get the running game working. Issue is when they started to really push to get the running game working the offense tanked HARD. That is supposed to be Shotty's thing and his thing has been sub par.

I’m not sold though, I have a gut feeling Pete took over some of the defensive play calling, it was very un Norton like .... I don’t think sticking with him is wise, put him back at LB coach, bring in a proven veteran guy...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy... Quinn replaces Richard in Dallas... Richard and Gus Bradley both interviewing for the Raiders DC job... Hawk Coords trying to find jobs...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years of purgatory.
Jody is content to stick with the status quo, this is what made Paul such a great owner he was not afraid to turn on a dime and go a different direction.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Robert Turbin said in a tweet that the offense looked very basic. I would imagine playing a game where the defense is giving you nothing they didn't feel comfortable trying to be fancy especially having thrown a pick 6 earlier in the game.
I would agree if this was a week 8 game to try and grind it out but playoff time they needed to throw everything in the playbook at the Rams. I'm not saying they would have had success but if basic isn't working than try anything to get a spark going.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years of purgatory.
Jody is content to stick with the status quo, this is what made Paul such a great owner he was not afraid to turn on a dime and go a different direction.
And yet the last 10 years have been the golden age of Seahawks football.

How easily some of you forget how hard it is to win in the NFL. 35 years of mostly bad seasons before we became perennial winners, but you think "turning on a dime" is a wise strategy.

Yes, adjustments need to be made, but blowing things up and making wholesale changes are for knee jerk fans like yourself, not people who run successful franchises.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are happy with early playoff exists, sure.

Otherwise the golden age ended in 2014.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are happy with early playoff exists, sure.

Otherwise the golden age ended in 2014.
I'm not satisfied with early exits, but I'm happy with making the playoffs every year but 1 under the same regime that brought a Lombardi to Seattle.

There is far worse than being a perennial playoff team. We're still that.