• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson benched

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans have been brutally annoying in this forum the last two years. I don't even mind the Seahawks as a team but have found it hard to root for them the last two years. Actually, use to be one of my favorite NFC teams until the last two years One day I will be able to root for them again.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh ok. I guess that seemed clever to you.
I think it was a great way to disarm an otherwise potentially sensitive topic that you introduced. Fortunately I have thick skin but the concept of sexual assault is actually pretty serious so maybe consider not making it fodder for winning an argument on the internet?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans have been brutally annoying in this forum the last two years. I don't even mind the Seahawks as a team but have found it hard to root for them the last two years. Actually, use to be one of my favorite NFC teams until the last two years One day I will be able to root for them again.
I don't mind. I consider it a compliment. Kind of like a little sibling who always wants to be in her big brother's room hanging out with him because she thinks he's so cool.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great way to disarm an otherwise potentially sensitive topic that you introduced. Fortunately I have thick skin but the concept of sexual assault is actually pretty serious so maybe consider not making it fodder for winning an argument on the internet?
Lol.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 108 comments on this site, itappears most of them are responding to you. ;)
It's a microcosm of the Broncos living rent free in the heads of Seahawks fans. I appear to be living rent free in his head. I'm not even sure how it started to be truthful. I suppose I could go back and check the thread...

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 108 comments on this site, itappears most of them are responding to you. ;)
Join in, I’ll respond to you too. Do you think Payton has done a good job guiding the talent he has on his team? Do you think creating this situation with his star QB is a good move on his part?

If it’s true that Wilson was told weeks ago that he’d be benched if he didn’t adjust his contract, that makes Wilson look better. He didn’t let that have a negative impact upon his play. He didn’t pout or try to tank the season. He played well after that.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join in, I’ll respond to you too. Do you think Payton has done a good job guiding the talent he has on his team? Do you think creating this situation with his star QB is a good move on his part?

If it’s true that Wilson was told weeks ago that he’d be benched if he didn’t adjust his contract, that makes Wilson look better. He didn’t let that have a negative impact upon his play. He didn’t pout or try to tank the season. He played well after that.
In answer to your first question, yes. It hasn't been perfect but it has been significantly better than last season. Payton inherited a 5 win team and has them in a position to have a winning season with a very outside chance at reaching the playoffs. That's a significant improvement over last year.

Regarding Wilson, we will never know. Sources support both that the Broncos threatened to bench him and that they did not. I will never know and neither will you. Regardless of what they actually did or didn't do, regardless of what was actually communicated and when, if Wilson had been playing on a level befitting of his contract that conversation would have never happened to begin with.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In answer to your first question, yes. It hasn't been perfect but it has been significantly better than last season. Payton inherited a 5 win team and has them in a position to have a winning season with a very outside chance at reaching the playoffs. That's a significant improvement over last year.

Regarding Wilson, we will never know. Sources support both that the Broncos threatened to bench him and that they did not. I will never know and neither will you. Regardless of what they actually did or didn't do, regardless of what was actually communicated and when, if Wilson had been playing on a level befitting of his contract that conversation would have never happened to begin with.
Wilson was playing well. The Broncos problems weren’t on him. It was on lazy and poor play by much of his surrounding talent.

It’s obviously true that Wilson was threatened with being benched if he didn’t agree to having his contract altered. How did he respond? He played well and didn’t complain or make it a public issue. Payton lied in public and said the benching only is meant to give the team a spark. That’s BS and everyone knows it.

Payton’s first season in Denver has been a disaster. He came in ceaselessly trashing the previous coaching staff. He came in going public his complaints with his starting QB. Payton has caused needless problems.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was playing well. The Broncos problems weren’t on him. It was on lazy and poor play by much of his surrounding talent.

It’s obviously true that Wilson was threatened with being benched if he didn’t agree to having his contract altered. How did he respond? He played well and didn’t complain or make it a public issue. Payton lied in public and said the benching only is meant to give the team a spark. That’s BS and everyone knows it.

Payton’s first season in Denver has been a disaster. He came in ceaselessly trashing the previous coaching staff. He came in going public his complaints with his starting QB. Payton has caused needless problems.

Wilson was playing well. Well enough to post production on a level of a late round developmental QB or journeyman. Wilson was not necessarily the reason the Broncos lost some of those early games, but he was also not performing on a level befitting of his contract. That was discussed at great length by those of us who've been around this page. You're late that discussion.

Unless you have some reliable source that can verify your "obvious" claim that Wilson was threatened it's just an opinion. And for every opinion there is an equal and opposite opinion. That narrative is irrelevant anyway. Like I said already, if Wilson was playing on a level befitting of his contract that discussion never even happens.

Another opinion. And an unfounded one at that. Last year's Broncos were eliminated from contending for the division title by October. Payton's Broncos have an outside chance with two games left to play. That alone is a vast improvement. Trashing the previous coach...perhaps a breech of professional courtesy and decorum at worst. Payton said what every person who watched the Broncos in 2022 already knew. As for public complaints about Wilson, he kicked Wilson's personal staff out of the facility. The previous coach should have never let that in, reinforcing Payton's accurate and well-founded criticism.

Again, one man's opinion...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was paid $13 M per win.
hes a better Tebow at this point.
cant stay in the pocket , Olineman around the. league hate not being able to play in the structure of the offense.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was above .500 and got us a playoff win. “At this point,” I’ll take Tebow’s time in Denver over Russ’.
Same. Nothing against Wilson, but Tebow led the Broncos in one of their most epic non-Super Bowl post season wins. He also indirectly set the stage to Bring Manning to Denver, which brought us two more conference championships and a third Super Bowl win. Tebow definitely has contributed exponentially more to Broncos lore than Wilson has.