• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few holes we play that were forced on the land so to speak....IDK how long that hole is, but it might be more fun if it's 340 or 350, move the green 30-40 yds closer to the tee and made it a driveable par 4...taking the fence and the road out of play.
it feels like there is a ton of land to the left of the adjacent sand trap, so they should move the green that way. The entire fairway (which never has grass) slopes to the left, so even with the best tee shot, you end up at the bottom of a hill with a big fir tree to contend with. It's a shitty hole all around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it feels like there is a ton of land to the left of the adjacent sand trap, so they should move the green that way. The entire fairway (which never has grass) slopes to the left, so even with the best tee shot, you end up at the bottom of a hill with a big fir tree to contend with. It's a shitty hole all around.

Sounds like it.

I hate the layout of my home course...I call it home only because it's close and the price is right...I will say they have been putting money into the conditioning...the new greens have definitely changed the way the course plays. A mix of really tough holes with some risk reward holes.

GA Golf Courses in Dacula | Trophy Club of Apalachee Golf Course

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat. morning at the home (Trophy Club Apalachee) course 8:28...got a lot of yard work to do after.

Opportunity to win my $ back from that round at Reunion I think...the winner is in this foursome.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I sucked yesterday. First time playing 18 holes this year. 45 out, 48 in. Had a couple 7's and even a snowman.

The eight came on a par five. After three strokes I'm finally close enough to the green to go for it. 110 yards into the wind. Normally a strong gap for me. Pulled out an 8 iron that is usually a 155-160 club, Didn't crush it, but hit it well enough...I was still ten yards short....couldn't believe it.

By the sixteenth hole, I was out of gas, couldn't make a good swing even thought I parred 16 and 17....luck.

Hole eighteen fell apart again, triple bogie seven.

At least the glute held out, no major pain until later.

If I was smart I would have got a cart after the first nine, but I'm not.

Hope it's not as windy today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I sucked yesterday. First time playing 18 holes this year. 45 out, 48 in. Had a couple 7's and even a snowman.

The eight came on a par five. After three strokes I'm finally close enough to the green to go for it. 110 yards into the wind. Normally a strong gap for me. Pulled out an 8 iron that is usually a 155-160 club, Didn't crush it, but hit it well enough...I was still ten yards short....couldn't believe it.

By the sixteenth hole, I was out of gas, couldn't make a good swing even thought I parred 16 and 17....luck.

Hole eighteen fell apart again, triple bogie seven.

At least the glute held out, no major pain until later.

If I was smart I would have got a cart after the first nine, but I'm not.

Hope it's not as windy today.

93 walking on a windy day with 3 bad holes...there were some good holes in there....got another 18 in the books!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a mix bag for me today...early morning...41-44...both sides had their good and bad...just not solving the back yet...hit one OB...3 dbls on the back...ball striking was pretty good overall, short game was hit or miss.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to go out and suck.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, that doesn't read so well.

I can't wait to go out and shoot a bad score.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played nine...44...grrr...

The second hole has been eating me up, not sure what I did to it, but it doesn't like me.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf tip: Heavy back workout does not make for a great game of golf.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still working on shallowing out my swing, doing better, but when i get tired I revert back to a steep attack angle.

What was the strong part of my game, putting, isn't going well, the greens are much faster than they were last year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played with my regular crew on Sat at the home course Apalachee...short version...44-45, not in the money, winner shot 43-39.

Long version...really struck it well early...was even thru 5, with a birdie and a bogey...#6, short but precise dogleg right par 5...got kinda lucky with my drive cutting the corner, another 5' and I'm in the creek...only 180 to the center but creek right, bunker left, OB really left....a permanent cart part fence restricts my follow thru on the swing...free relief left me with a tough stance...pull it OB...drop and hit 4, 4 hits the cart path fence and then a cart...my shared cart, 2 stroke penalty, lost composure and just hit the next shot with the same club only I'm not 180 now...more like 150...fly the green into a hazard but playable...on the green and 2 putt....10....so a 45 with a 10 wasn't too bad.

What made this a little more interesting...no one saw which cart the ball hit...I just took the worse option to keep play moving, and pissed at myself for not taking more complete relief in the 1st place. But, given that no one saw which cart it hit, I could've argued that it hit the other cart and gotten a free replay of the shot...my playing partner didn't think so...thinks if it hit either cart the same penalty is in play.

Secondly...it was a shared cart...he thinks I should've taken a 2 stroke penalty....I kinda thought so too, but I wasn't sure because it was a shared cart. The power of google.

Cart...19...if we saw it hit the other cart, no penalty, play it as it lies or replay the shot from the same position.

Shared cart...19/1...ball is deflected or stopped by a shared cart not being driven by cart partner...1 stroke penalty

We adjusted my 10 to a 9 at the turn...went 4, 4, 4, 4 (+1) over the next 4 then from 14 approach on, I didn't hit another solid full swing shot that mattered...just lost my swing...+2, +3 to close it out...

So...yesterday in 90 deg heat...I went out and hit a bucket yesterday...gotta be able to finish.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
golf league starts on Wednesday.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played with my regular crew on Sat at the home course Apalachee...short version...44-45, not in the money, winner shot 43-39.

Long version...really struck it well early...was even thru 5, with a birdie and a bogey...#6, short but precise dogleg right par 5...got kinda lucky with my drive cutting the corner, another 5' and I'm in the creek...only 180 to the center but creek right, bunker left, OB really left....a permanent cart part fence restricts my follow thru on the swing...free relief left me with a tough stance...pull it OB...drop and hit 4, 4 hits the cart path fence and then a cart...my shared cart, 2 stroke penalty, lost composure and just hit the next shot with the same club only I'm not 180 now...more like 150...fly the green into a hazard but playable...on the green and 2 putt....10....so a 45 with a 10 wasn't too bad.

What made this a little more interesting...no one saw which cart the ball hit...I just took the worse option to keep play moving, and pissed at myself for not taking more complete relief in the 1st place. But, given that no one saw which cart it hit, I could've argued that it hit the other cart and gotten a free replay of the shot...my playing partner didn't think so...thinks if it hit either cart the same penalty is in play.

Secondly...it was a shared cart...he thinks I should've taken a 2 stroke penalty....I kinda thought so too, but I wasn't sure because it was a shared cart. The power of google.

Cart...19...if we saw it hit the other cart, no penalty, play it as it lies or replay the shot from the same position.

Shared cart...19/1...ball is deflected or stopped by a shared cart not being driven by cart partner...1 stroke penalty

We adjusted my 10 to a 9 at the turn...went 4, 4, 4, 4 (+1) over the next 4 then from 14 approach on, I didn't hit another solid full swing shot that mattered...just lost my swing...+2, +3 to close it out...

So...yesterday in 90 deg heat...I went out and hit a bucket yesterday...gotta be able to finish.

I never knew hitting a cart was a penalty.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still working on shallowing out my swing, doing better, but when i get tired I revert back to a steep attack angle.

What was the strong part of my game, putting, isn't going well, the greens are much faster than they were last year.

Played like shit Friday and Saturday. Started to turn it around yesterday, shot a 40 on the front, which included a triple bogie on two. Chipped well and got the pace of the greens down.

Turned the corner and shot a 48 on the back. Started out well, but fatigue hit on 13. When I get tired I tend to swing too hard and grip the club too tight...and that's what i proceeded to do.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only been out once so far. Shot 43-46.

Had a good front nine going and then shit the bed on 7. Back nine, I just seemed to get a shitty break or bounce on damn near every hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only been out once so far. Shot 43-46.

Had a good front nine going and then shit the bed on 7. Back nine, I just seemed to get a shitty break or bounce on damn near every hole.

Sub 90 is better than most...actually pretty good for your 1st round!