• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have 4 in the books and planning on the 5th tomorrow

Keep it in the short grass fellas

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played 18 on Sunday. Hit the ball well and drained some pretty decent length putts once my hangover wore off. By the 12th hole, I was starting to tire out. The first 18 holes of the season always do that to me.

Funny how my non-golfing friends think this game is a cakewalk.

I walked and carried 9 at the par 3 last evening on the way home from work...by 7 I was feeling it a little.

Track was in better shape than I expected...for the price I think I'm going to do it more often to build up stamina for my weekend round. Also this needs to be the year my iron play gets the attention it needs...missing too many greens from the fairway.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on my setup so my head is behind the ball and I have a slight spine tilt. Feels and looks really different. Hell, I'm duffing more shots than I was before. Have a 4pm tee-time, I'll hit the range before hand and keep practicing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how my non-golfing friends think this game is a cakewalk.

I walked and carried 9 at the par 3 last evening on the way home from work...by 7 I was feeling it a little.

Track was in better shape than I expected...for the price I think I'm going to do it more often to build up stamina for my weekend round. Also this needs to be the year my iron play gets the attention it needs...missing too many greens from the fairway.
I need to start walking 9. I have the cart and everything, I just need to get out and use it.

dude I played with last wants to start doing 9 holes after work every other week. Maybe I will see if he wants to walk 9 on Wednesday or something.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekend results

Dbl dipped this weekend.

Sat...mid 60s to start, into mid 70s...windy, 1 club, gusting to 2 at times and swirling.

Reunion...92 wagering score...50-42. ESC adjusted 89. Tough start...+4 9 on #1, backed that up with a pocket 8 +4, then 3 putted the par 3 3rd which was my 1st solid swing....swung the club okay the rest of the way, but some early 3 putts and a brutal stretch, 13-15 kept me from breaking 90. Low medal was 84 lost the front, bk (he shot 40 back) and overall...$15

Maybe not the longest, but maybe the toughest in the rotation...play here maybe 5-6 times a yr.

http://www.reuniongolfclub.com/

Sun...mid 50s start, into mid 70s, chamber of commerce day...low humidity...those would go for a lot of money in July.

Trophy Club of Apalachee...84 wagering score...43-41 ESC, 84...nothing to adjust...This is our home course. Played extremely fast yesterday, the bermuda fairways are not grown in yet...but the green fringes were soft making run up shots hit or miss. Greens much faster than Reunion, but continued to swing it well...better than my score actually...over the back in two on the par 5 17th and made 7...short game is not in mid-season form...let a few birdie chances get away and certainly cost me some pars that were not terribly hard saves.

Good bounce back....weather this week is looking good right now, so hopefully something to build on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had this rules issue on Sat.

Player's 2nd shot on a par 5 goes right, towards OB marked boundary. Player hit a provisional ball in the fairway. Original ball was found (in play) up against a construction silt fence that appeared to be an extension of the OB boundary as there were white stakes on both ends of the silt fence.

Player asked for free relief from the silt fence...one player said he should get it because this was a temporary immovable object.

I agreed. Essentially this is the back edge of the home lot under construction...some houses have a fence right on the OB line, others don't have a fence at all, just the white stakes. This is a temp fence so I told him yes you get 1 club length no nearer the hole. 1 club wasn't going to accomplish much relief so he decided to hit his provisional ball (his 4th shot) nice shot and made the putt for a 6...in his mind.

Wrong I told him...played the wrong ball...so you get a 2 shots penalty at the very least and you are supposed to finish the hole with the original ball, but let's keep it moving on a stacked course.

Your options were...when your original ball was found in play, you must abandon the provisional...from your original ball take your free relief, and then go from there, if you still couldn't advance it, your options, take an unplayable (2 club lengths) which would have gotten him to at least a punch out to the fairway, or replay from your last position.

He said that's what the provisional represented and due to pace of play instead of going back to his last position he should be able to play it because it was going to be his 5th shot anyway, and he made the putt.

If he had taken an unplayable, his 4th was a lateral punch out to maybe the same general area his provisional was so he's right he would've been playing his 5th into the green, but stood my ground on the score and it ended up costing him the back 9 so he was pissed.

Was I wrong?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to start walking 9. I have the cart and everything, I just need to get out and use it.

dude I played with last wants to start doing 9 holes after work every other week. Maybe I will see if he wants to walk 9 on Wednesday or something.

Our players club membership (not a private club) has 150 range balls a day, but it's a pain in the ass to get to that part of town from the office. There is a nice little range/par 3 and next door an executive 18 10 minutes from the office.

The executive track is a little pricey for what it is so I don't play it much now, but the par 3 is $10 to walk 9 at that time...I'd rather do that than give them $9 for a bucket...I played 1 ball from the back tee, and 1 ball from the forward tee since I was by myself...I think I saw some benefit from it this past weekend.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player's 2nd shot on a par 5 goes right, towards OB marked boundary. Player hit a provisional ball in the fairway. Original ball was found (in play) up against a construction silt fence that appeared to be an extension of the OB boundary as there were white stakes on both ends of the silt fence.

Player asked for free relief from the silt fence...one player said he should get it because this was a temporary immovable object.

I agreed. Essentially this is the back edge of the home lot under construction...some houses have a fence right on the OB line, others don't have a fence at all, just the white stakes. This is a temp fence so I told him yes you get 1 club length no nearer the hole. 1 club wasn't going to accomplish much relief so he decided to hit his provisional ball (his 4th shot) nice shot and made the putt for a 6...in his mind.

Wrong I told him...played the wrong ball...so you get a 2 shots penalty at the very least and you are supposed to finish the hole with the original ball, but let's keep it moving on a stacked course.

Your options were...when your original ball was found in play, you must abandon the provisional...from your original ball take your free relief, and then go from there, if you still couldn't advance it, your options, take an unplayable (2 club lengths) which would have gotten him to at least a punch out to the fairway, or replay from your last position.

He said that's what the provisional represented and due to pace of play instead of going back to his last position he should be able to play it because it was going to be his 5th shot anyway, and he made the putt.

If he had taken an unplayable, his 4th was a lateral punch out to maybe the same general area his provisional was so he's right he would've been playing his 5th into the green, but stood my ground on the score and it ended up costing him the back 9 so he was pissed.

Was I wrong?

If the original ball was in play, pick up the provisional...there's a reason it's called that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the original ball was in play, pick up the provisional...there's a reason it's called that.

Exactly...plain and simple.

I get what he was saying, but you have to go thru the steps with the original ball.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...plain and simple.

I get what he was saying, but you have to go thru the steps with the original ball.

Please clarify how how one club length failed to gain him relief. If he was free and clear of the silt fence but blocked by limbs or something then fine but if one club length did not free his stance and swing from impediment, he's entitled to one club length from that impediment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please clarify how how one club length failed to gain him relief. If he was free and clear of the silt fence but blocked by limbs or something then fine but if one club length did not free his stance and swing from impediment, he's entitled to one club length from that impediment.

There was a small strand of sapling trees and scrubby type brush between the silt fence and the fairway. One club length required a move backward angling away from the fence. If he had taken that drop, the fence would no longer be impeding his swing, but the strand of trees and brush would not allow a clear path to punch out.

IMO the smart play would've been to take an unplayable to at least have a clear punchout...he was in a pickle no doubt.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got into this discussion with an older poster and maybe you guys can help me out.

on one of my local course's par 4's, there is a split rail fence that runs close to the left side of the green around to the back. There is very little room around the green before the fence and on the other side of the fence is a road. There is a little bit of grass between the fence and the road, but not a lot.

now if I overshoot the green and this fence is either in front of me or in the way of my swing, what the the ruling? I can't take a drop that puts me closer to the green, right? the other option is to take a drop on the other side of the road? How exactly does that work?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got into this discussion with an older poster and maybe you guys can help me out.

on one of my local course's par 4's, there is a split rail fence that runs close to the left side of the green around to the back. There is very little room around the green before the fence and on the other side of the fence is a road. There is a little bit of grass between the fence and the road, but not a lot.

now if I overshoot the green and this fence is either in front of me or in the way of my swing, what the the ruling? I can't take a drop that puts me closer to the green, right? the other option is to take a drop on the other side of the road? How exactly does that work?

Is the fence an OB boundary fence? If so, that really sucks.

To my knowledge there is never a case in the rule book where you can drop closer to the hole. "other option is to take a drop on the other side of the road" But...it's also rare for a road to be in play on a golf course...(Road hole @ 17 Old Course I guess).

If it's not an OB fence, maybe there is a special local ruling that would allow you to drop it closer to the hole. If the road is in play, I think dropping on the other side of the road would be my call unless the fence is not an OB and there is a local rule on the fence interference.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the fence an OB boundary fence? If so, that really sucks.

To my knowledge there is never a case in the rule book where you can drop closer to the hole. "other option is to take a drop on the other side of the road" But...it's also rare for a road to be in play on a golf course...(Road hole @ 17 Old Course I guess).

If it's not an OB fence, maybe there is a special local ruling that would allow you to drop it closer to the hole. If the road is in play, I think dropping on the other side of the road would be my call unless the fence is not an OB and there is a local rule on the fence interference.
I don't think it is an OB fence. it isn't labeled as one at least. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

next time I go play there I am going to ask what the rule is for that hole. There has to be some kind of local rule in place for it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is an OB fence. it isn't labeled as one at least. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

next time I go play there I am going to ask what the rule is for that hole. There has to be some kind of local rule in place for it.

You might be able to pull their scorecard up online. Should be listed on the card.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to pull their scorecard up online. Should be listed on the card.
I have looked, nothing there.

It's the 15th hole. Road runs along the dotted line on the right side, through the 14 and hangs a left. On the other side of the road is the 16th hole

Calvert County, MD - Official Website - Course Layout

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have looked, nothing there.

It's the 15th hole. Road runs along the dotted line on the right side, through the 14 and hangs a left. On the other side of the road is the 16th hole

Calvert County, MD - Official Website - Course Layout

If the fence is not an OB fence you should get free relief from a permanent immoveable obstruction, and going across the street for that relief doesn't sound quite right.

Most likely a local rule to allow you drop on the green side on the road even if closer to the hole.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the fence is not an OB fence you should get free relief from a permanent immoveable obstruction, and going across the street for that relief doesn't sound quite right.

Most likely a local rule to allow you drop on the green side on the road even if closer to the hole.
the thing there is that the fence is not very far from the green and it is a downward slope, so if you drop right, you could end up on the green. It is really a terrible hole.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the thing there is that the fence is not very far from the green and it is a downward slope, so if you drop right, you could end up on the green. It is really a terrible hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a few holes we play that were forced on the land so to speak....IDK how long that hole is, but it might be more fun if it's 340 or 350, move the green 30-40 yds closer to the tee and made it a driveable par 4...taking the fence and the road out of play.