• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Right Tackle Starter?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May the best man win...but who is the best man?

Matt Feiler...UDFA in '14 for the Texans, Steeler PS player in a '15...based on experience I think Matt has the upper hand. I think he has 10+ starts.

Chukwuma Okorafor...3rd rd pick in 2018...a lot of people in the building like his upside, definitely feel he's a starter at some point. Got a few snaps as the blocking TE/OT.

Jerald Hawkins...4th rd pick '16. At one point Hawkins was looked at as the Swing OT, able to play LT or RT, but injuries have kept him off the field...doubtful he lands the starting RT job.

Given that Feiler is mostly a RT, if he wins the job, Okorafor is noted to be able to play either side so he's probably the best suited to be the swing OT.

I think Matt wins the job, but I think they feel pretty comfortable with Okorafor. Hawkins really has to stay healthy to make this team. Look for DEN to be sniffing around the Steelers camp looking for stray OL that Munchak can scoop up.

With Feiler being a RFA after this season, the Steelers still will have options with him, but I foresee Okorafor being the long term starter unless they offer Feiler a long term deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the newcomer Derwin Gray? Gotta have a dark horse in this race!

Probably going to be Feiler. Chuks will be the future, but for now they will go with cohesion. We've been hearing lots about Hawkins' potential in the offseason, but have yet to see that on a televised football field. Would like to see what all the fuss is about.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably going to be Feiler. Chuks will be the future, but for now they will go with cohesion. We've been hearing lots about Hawkins' potential in the offseason, but have yet to see that on a televised football field. Would like to see what all the fuss is about.

I think barring a major injury Gray is pre-destined for the PS...lol, but who knows....I'm hearing he could be moved inside.

Yep...I see this being the stepping stone to a FA gig next season for Feiler much like it was for Hubbard...Chuks takes over the FT role next yr. If Hawkins stays healthy all season, I can see him getting plucked in FA, so maybe Gray stays outside. What is the status of Banner?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think barring a major injury Gray is pre-destined for the PS...lol, but who knows....I'm hearing he could be moved inside.

Yep...I see this being the stepping stone to a FA gig next season for Feiler much like it was for Hubbard...Chuks takes over the FT role next yr. If Hawkins stays healthy all season, I can see him getting plucked in FA, so maybe Gray stays outside. What is the status of Banner?
Banner... Well he's still in the building. No idea what they hope to achieve with him, but he's a decent sized project. Emphasis on size. He's been cut 3 times by 3 diff teams in 2 years. Not sure why I've seen so many 53-man predictions with his name on it. The only thing meaningful that he has done so far is take 27 snaps on Cleveland's 0-16 squad in 2017. I wouldn't invest too much thought with him unless injuries occur.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banner... Well he's still in the building. No idea what they hope to achieve with him, but he's a decent sized project. Emphasis on size. He's been cut 3 times by 3 diff teams in 2 years. Not sure why I've seen so many 53-man predictions with his name on it. The only thing meaningful that he has done so far is take 27 snaps on Cleveland's 0-16 squad in 2017. I wouldn't invest too much thought with him unless injuries occur.

He's the odd man out for sure....highly doubt he makes this 53...again unless there is an injury.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who it will be, but that is stiff competition, and I like all three of those guys.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHATCHOO MEAAAAN, "DARK HORSE"????!!!

tenor.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking they are hoping to trade one of these guys...Hawkins is not going to make the Steelers.
Hearing that he’s taking reps inside has increased his value though. If they choose to carry 8 O-lineman he could make it. Chuks, Finney & Hawkins being the reserve guys. Not sure how versatile Gray is, but I think Banner is strictly outside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that he’s taking reps inside has increased his value though. If they choose to carry 8 O-lineman he could make it. Chuks, Finney & Hawkins being the reserve guys. Not sure how versatile Gray is, but I think Banner is strictly outside.

If they think he's a dual position guy, maybe he edges out somebody but not at 75%...needs to find a way to stay healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they think he's a dual position guy, maybe he edges out somebody but not at 75%...needs to find a way to stay healthy.
Sorta sounded like a confidence issue. Maybe the medical staff would say different?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.

I think this is setting up for Feiler to get the job this year and likely set him up for a big FA pay day and Big Oakra slides in there in '20....Idk what DEN's RT situation looks like, but if they are in need next season or this season it wouldn't shock me to see Feiler in DEN.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.

I think this is setting up for Feiler to get the job this year and likely set him up for a big FA pay day and Big Oakra slides in there in '20....Idk what DEN's RT situation looks like, but if they are in need next season or this season it wouldn't shock me to see Feiler in DEN.
It’s an easy bet that ol’ Munch is keeping his eyes on Feiler & Finney.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least according to Alex Kozora the ranking right now at RT thru 4 days

Feiler
Big Oakra
Banner
Hawkins

The early going is shaping up like we expected...Feiler, then Okorafor as the swing OT.