• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson and Ingram are epic busts.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the 'real QB coaching' at Wisconsin?? RW was a pro qb regardless of whether he went to Wisconsin for a season or not. How many current starting QBs in the NFL has Wisconsin developed? NCST has 3.

I actually didn't say or mean QB coaching, I meant more along the lines of real OL coaching and development of skill position players. Also, to be fair, Wilson is nothing like Glennon and Rivers in terms of his skillset.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's OL was definitely better than anything he played behind at NCST.

However, I do think you're discounting much of the fact that his improvement was due to year round football focus, not necessarily a change of scenery. The competition he was facing in the ACC (especially if you want to talk about NFL defensive talent) was just as good or better than what he was seeing in the B1G

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, I do think you're discounting much of the fact that his improvement was due to year round football focus, not necessarily a change of scenery. The competition he was facing in the ACC (especially if you want to talk about NFL defensive talent) was just as good or better than what he was seeing in the B1G

ACC is usually second in NFL talent amongst conferences. It is a mystery why the product has not been very good over the yrs. They consistently play below talent levels.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people hardly knew who he was. There's a reason he didn't set the all-time QB rating record until he got to Wisconsin. When you have talent around you, it makes a huge difference.

Dude anyone who isn't a UT homer knows Tennessee got to the playoffs despite VY. They won so many games that year despite the fact that VY played like complete and total shit. He rode his college reputation to the ROY over more deserving players like Colston and MJD. He was a Pro Bowl alternate, and in 09 it was only because 2 other QBs turned down the option. That doesn't mean shit. Hell, Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowl alternate and he's fucking horrible. Right now, there's no second that Henne would start on every team in the league over VY. Hell, VY is having to take to Twitter to try and find a job while Henne is starting and actually looking fairly decent, much better than Gabbert has, and I'd easily take Henne over Weeden as a Browns fan.

Really? So them being 0-5 without VY starting, then 0-6, before starting him and making the playoffs......kind of debunks your entire little rant here.

They CLEARLY weren't winning "despite" him because without him they weren't winning AT ALL.

VY did his part, he wasn't a world beater......but that team accomplished NOTHING without him.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC is usually second in NFL talent amongst conferences. It is a mystery why the product has not been very good over the yrs. They consistently play below talent levels.

No mystery. For the last couple years, the coaching staffs in the ACC haven't been good.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his the NFL board and how the QB's are doing? All I know is they did damn good in college, if you like crystal!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YA but there's been more FCS RB's making ESPN high lights then FBS. just sayin

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No mystery. For the last couple years, the coaching staffs in the ACC haven't been good.

Yeah, that is definitely fair and a valid point. Having the option to only focus on football is huge. But having the talent around him properly developed was also a huge part of his success. Regardless of where he went to school, he was pretty damned good at both places.

Really? So them being 0-5 without VY starting, then 0-6, before starting him and making the playoffs......kind of debunks your entire little rant here.

They CLEARLY weren't winning "despite" him because without him they weren't winning AT ALL.

VY did his part, he wasn't a world beater......but that team accomplished NOTHING without him.

He played in every game in 2006 and had 20+ pass attempts in every game but 3, so it's not like he only played in the wins. More INTs than TDs isn't a sign of a good QB. I mean, just look at his numbers. You can't look at them and say "Yep, that's what I want out of my top 5 pick QB. He's clearly not a bust."

:L