• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RGIII Released

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran should be the spot. Open competition with Kaep and both can play in that system I'd think

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran should be the spot. Open competition with Kaep and both can play in that system I'd think

I'm thinking Kaep's a goner no?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of you guys (WAS fans) saw all of his games and feel he his what he's going to be...idk yet.

He does have to re-visit why he failed in WAS and take some ownership in it, but with a clean slate...idk, he's a young guy that has a lot of talent.

He absolutely has the talent. However - as most know - being able to throw the ball & be mobile isn't enough to have long term success in the NFL. You need solid fundamentals & and a thorough knowledge of the game. This is where RG3 has been lacking to date. His fundamentals were pretty bad over the last several years to include 1. no pocket presence 2. inability to see the entire field & 3. holding on to the ball way too long.

Perhaps he has used his time recently to focus on this and/or will use the next few offseasons to address these areas. If he doesn't improve in these areas he is doomed. Improvement in these areas is also crucial since he is at least a step slower than his rookie year due to his injuries (still very fast but not insanely fast). Time will tell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3 really wants to be the best QB he can possibly be, he needs to consider signing a 3yr/$3-4 per year contract with a good team who has a HC that specializes in QBs & an established QB who is soon to retire.

Arizona would be a good landing spot, but I don't see it happening because there are too many QB desperate teams who will throw money at him & his ego might not let him take less money & be a backup for a few years.

To be honest, I get it, but at this stage of his career I'm not sure what sitting behind even a Palmer would really do for him...he knows the speed of the game, etc.

IMO...what he needs 1st off is a stable OC/HC/GM situation...if HOU is serious about Osweiler...DEN would be an ideal stop for RG3. They have the weapons for him to be successful.

RG3...has to buy into learning the position a different way...at the same time Kubiak can integrate his skills into his OFC. The biggest change over that has to occur for RG3...he has to recognize that his job is to execute the play...not be the playmaker.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I get it, but at this stage of his career I'm not sure what sitting behind even a Palmer would really do for him...he knows the speed of the game, etc.

IMO...what he needs 1st off is a stable OC/HC/GM situation...if HOU is serious about Osweiler...DEN would be an ideal stop for RG3. They have the weapons for him to be successful.

RG3...has to buy into learning the position a different way...at the same time Kubiak can integrate his skills into his OFC. The biggest change over that has to occur for RG3...he has to recognize that his job is to execute the play...not be the playmaker.

Remember - RG3 sat out the entire past season & most of the season prior to that. I don't believe that he is interested in a situation where he could potentially sit for still another year or two (doesn't matter if it is best for him or not - he gets to choose his landing spot). A lot of these teams could work out for him - he is the key. He needs to park his ego, listen to his coaches & spend as much time as possible learning his craft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely has the talent. However - as most know - being able to throw the ball & be mobile isn't enough to have long term success in the NFL. You need solid fundamentals & and a thorough knowledge of the game. This is where RG3 has been lacking to date. His fundamentals were pretty bad over the last several years to include 1. no pocket presence 2. inability to see the entire field & 3. holding on to the ball way too long.

Perhaps he has used his time recently to focus on this and/or will use the next few offseasons to address these areas. If he doesn't improve in these areas he is doomed. Improvement in these areas is also crucial since he is at least a step slower than his rookie year due to his injuries (still very fast but not insanely fast). Time will tell.

If history has any effect here, I think RG3 has a chance. Vick was at a cross roads coming out of prison...Morningweg and Reid actually got him to a run a version of the WC with some degree of success, then the injuries started piling up.

Randall Cunningham...was never really a runner per se, but he got much better as a pocket passer in MIN.

If he goes to a team that wants to shape him into a long term NFL QB...'17 is when I would expect the best ROI....in another post I thought DEN would be perfect if Brock Osweiler goes to HOU.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3 really wants to be the best QB he can possibly be, he needs to consider signing a 3yr/$3-4 per year contract with a good team who has a HC that specializes in QBs & an established QB who is soon to retire.

Arizona would be a good landing spot, but I don't see it happening because there are too many QB desperate teams who will throw money at him & his ego might not let him take less money & be a backup for a few years.

Very doubtful he takes 3 to 4M for 3 years, one year maybe but not 3.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If history has any effect here, I think RG3 has a chance. Vick was at a cross roads coming out of prison...Morningweg and Reid actually got him to a run a version of the WC with some degree of success, then the injuries started piling up.

Randall Cunningham...was never really a runner per se, but he got much better as a pocket passer in MIN.

If he goes to a team that wants to shape him into a long term NFL QB...'17 is when I would expect the best ROI....in another post I thought DEN would be perfect if Brock Osweiler goes to HOU.

I believe that he has a very good chance - it is pretty much up to him regardless of where he goes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little buzz building in NY that the Jets can chase RG3 as talks with Fitzpatrick seem to be getting uglier

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense...more upside than Fitz.

Agree....In Fitzs' greatest season as a pro, he again failed to lead his team to the playoffs, and was absolutely awful in the game that could have sent them there.....

But the QB market being what it is, when Nick Foles gets 12.5 million, and Bradford gets 20+ million, I guess i cant blame Fitz for holding out for big bucks

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree....In Fitzs' greatest season as a pro, he again failed to lead his team to the playoffs, and was absolutely awful in the game that could have sent them there.....

But the QB market being what it is, when Nick Foles gets 12.5 million, and Bradford gets 20+ million, I guess i cant blame Fitz for holding out for big bucks

I watched that game vs BUF, and just a whole bunch of blah...he's a stop gap starter.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that game vs BUF, and just a whole bunch of blah...he's a stop gap starter.

A "whole bunch of blah" is way better than what Griffin will do. If the Jets don't resign Fitz that offense will regress and they will have no shot at the playoffs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "whole bunch of blah" is way better than what Griffin will do. If the Jets don't resign Fitz that offense will regress and they will have no shot at the playoffs.

They will instantly have a better run game though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you could be right, but neither of us know that. We do know what Fitz is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will instantly have a better run game though.

Chan Gailey usually puts a solid run game together. He doesn't need someone else's QB trash to do so.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you could be right, but neither of us know that. We do know what Fitz is.

A guy that got the ball to his WRs and put together a nice hot streak. Why wouldn't he perform even better with a whole offseason as the starter and another year with Chan Gailey and those receivers there?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that got the ball to his WRs and put together a nice hot streak. Why wouldn't he perform even better with a whole offseason as the starter and another year with Chan Gailey and those receivers there?

I'm not anti-Fitz...I just see his ceiling being a 9-10 win QB in this league, and 1 and done in the playoffs. In the biggest game of the year...<200 with 3 INTs...if my QB is 25, okay...I still feel like it's learning experience and I can expect an improvement next time we're in that spot...@ 33-34 y/o I'm not thinking my QB is going to be a whole lot better next time, he might play better, but physically he is, what he is..

On RG3...it's human nature to focus on what his recent productivity has been...I do realize I could take a step backwards in '16 while this guy develops, but I think he has the potential to take you further than Fitz...is it a gamble? Yes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti-Fitz...I just see his ceiling being a 9-10 win QB in this league, and 1 and done in the playoffs. In the biggest game of the year...<200 with 3 INTs...if my QB is 25, okay...I still feel like it's learning experience and I can expect an improvement next time we're in that spot...@ 33-34 y/o I'm not thinking my QB is going to be a whole lot better next time, he might play better, but physically he is, what he is..

On RG3...it's human nature to focus on what his recent productivity has been...I do realize I could take a step backwards in '16 while this guy develops, but I think he has the potential to take you further than Fitz...is it a gamble? Yes.

Bad spot to have his worst game for sure, but that doesn't mean you move to a guy that likely can't play in the league. That sets you way back and probably costs Bowles his job. Bowles doesn't need to tie his career to that mess.