• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's Full Eagles 2016 Mock Draft

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm better with Zeke at #8, and I think the scouts are liking him there as well. I just want a QB @ 8, and I'm off the Stanley bandwagon. However, it's a month away, so who knows what might happen?

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey you are one of the most knowledgable posters and I have a ton of respect for you man. Why would you go away from your beliefs and take Elliot at 8? The rest of the draft is fine but you simply never get value out of RB in round 1. Take Staley or Hargreaves and have a 10yr plus player for the birds. Elliot 4-5yrs max the guy lasts in this league. RB just simply don't last that long. There are exceptions I just don't think Elliot is that exception. excellent player no doubt but without a better offensive line doesn't matter if Barry Sanders is running the ball.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz ... the thing is that I've never questioned Zeke as a Franchise type Back, just figured we can grab RB later. What I'm seeing though is that the other players available at 8 (in this scenario at least) are nowhere near the given for the next few years as Zeke would be. I posted on the CB's thread how few top 12 CB's have actually worked out the past 10 years ... only Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden have been worth the pick. Ronnie Stanley worries me as some people have voiced concerns that he doesn't have much passion for the game; he also isn't a very good run blocker and if you pick an Olineman at 8 he needs to come in and play LG. You don't take an OLineman at 8 to sit the bench ... maybe 15-20 years ago, but top 10 picks are expected to contribute immediately in 2016. We also have Lane Johnson whom we can plug in at LT once Peters is done ... that alone allows us not to force a pick at that spot. Other than that we have Treadwell ... but with Matthews being shifted outside this season and Agholor not seeing opposing teams #1's anymore we could be ok there with a rookie in the middle rounds like I have us taking in this mock.

Obviously if the scenario changes and Miles Jack, Ramsey or Bosa happen to slip to 8 I would likely change my tune. I just went with how I see it shaking out, but we all know that the draft "never" goes as planned :)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rey Did you hear anything about Bosa refusing a drug test this past season? I thought he popped for pot, although it was never released. He was suspended opening game. Now I'm hearing Zeke and Bosa are into the party drug ectasy? I just saw something on the Cowboy board.. I never heard any of this?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Zeke is we have a stud DC with great players and a QB friendly O. Reich and Schwartz are HC material. Barry Sanders never had that. Zeke would fit like a glove with what we're doing here.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ecstasy? Every high schooler in the country could have tried that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ... both those guys roomed together and there was some talk of them liking to party a little. No evidence of it but Bosa did flat out refuse a drug test as he probably smoked a little doob. The thing people need to understand is that these kids are big men on campus, but they're still just kids. I did a million stupid things back in college as well and never having any issues later in life while always making a solid living. Neither of these guys however had any drug "problems" or off field incidents and they're both hard workers on the practice field. I doubt either guys' draft stock is affected by the rumors.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids will be kids, but some kids don't ever grow up. Which makes evaluation really tough in regards to previous drug use. Some will grow up and fulfill their potential, others will turn into the next Josh Gordon/Martavius Bryant. I haven't read enough about Bosa/Zeke and their drug past to really be too concerned about it, but this issue is a big responsibility of the scouting department to dig up as much information as possible.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at a couple of my recent posts I tagged Bosa as a pot head and potential bust.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids will be kids, but some kids don't ever grow up. Which makes evaluation really tough in regards to previous drug use. Some will grow up and fulfill their potential, others will turn into the next Josh Gordon/Martavius Bryant. I haven't read enough about Bosa/Zeke and their drug past to really be too concerned about it, but this issue is a big responsibility of the scouting department to dig up as much information as possible.

Neither Bosa nor Zeke have had any issues as being "problems" ... it sounds to me like they enjoyed their college status, but when it came to working hard on the field they both got their respective jobs done without any issues. No fights, no arrests or problems with coaches unless you count Zeke complaining about not getting the ball enough in their loss or Bosa being "questioned" about witnessing a fight once. Nothing imo to worry me about either prospect.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not too concerned about Bosa or Zeke. Those guys are some warriors on the field, put in the work off the field, and it just seemed like they enjoyed their college experience. Dig up as much dirt as you can, and if they check out -- we'd be lucky to have that type of talent on our team. I just don't know if I can justify a RB at #8, especially with a stud like Dixon in the 2nd. Though if none of the top 5 drop, and we don't have any trade down options - Zeke makes the most sense.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really think this trade up to 8 was for a certain player, if that player is not there Howie is gonna use it to get his 2nd rd pick back....I firmly believe that.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Elliott I just do not see the Eagles using #8 on a rb. i just don't see it. Look at the best rb's in the NFL, and in 4-5 years they are either done or close to it. I think the Eagles may try and take a QB....Myself I feel I have come to the conclusion the guy i want is not the Best pass rusher although he is very good, he is stout vs the run, he has great size and speed and he plays his ass off....That guy is Shaq Lawson. I don't think he will have the sack numbers of Spence, but he doesn't have the off field issues, and he has played against top competition his entire career. I'm gonna take the safe pick with my Mock draft, I'm gonna take Shaq Lawson at #8. I just can't get myself to draft RB #8, it goes against everything I believe in.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really think this trade up to 8 was for a certain player, if that player is not there Howie is gonna use it to get his 2nd rd pick back....I firmly believe that.

:agree:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Elliott I just do not see the Eagles using #8 on a rb. i just don't see it. Look at the best rb's in the NFL, and in 4-5 years they are either done or close to it. I think the Eagles may try and take a QB....Myself I feel I have come to the conclusion the guy i want is not the Best pass rusher although he is very good, he is stout vs the run, he has great size and speed and he plays his ass off....That guy is Shaq Lawson. I don't think he will have the sack numbers of Spence, but he doesn't have the off field issues, and he has played against top competition his entire career. I'm gonna take the safe pick with my Mock draft, I'm gonna take Shaq Lawson at #8. I just can't get myself to draft RB #8, it goes against everything I believe in.

I've been pimping Lawson for a while, but he's similar to Vinny Curry which the Birds have since resigned. The Eagles have also stated that Connor Barwin will play End in Schwartz' scheme which means they already have their top 3 Ends (Graham being the 3rd) and lets not forget Marcus Smith who fits this scheme well. I think if they look at an End they may look for more of "pure" pass rusher like Spence (whom I thought you actually liked more than Lawson?) in a trade down or Ngakoue like I have in my mock. Spence has been the forgotten man since the Combine where he ran a 4.8 ... who says the Combine doesn't matter? :)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take Zeke at #8 (fingers crossed), I just stay in the 3rd round and get the best Guard available. I've seen Alexander drop to the third anyway due to slow/poor footwork. No reason to give up picks. That other #3 could be a receiver.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, not if Mathews gets hurt who the heck is toting the rock? You'll see 3 guys rushing and everyone defending the pass. Get your 6 year RB and roll.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pimping Lawson for a while, but he's similar to Vinny Curry which the Birds have since resigned. The Eagles have also stated that Connor Barwin will play End in Schwartz' scheme which means they already have their top 3 Ends (Graham being the 3rd) and lets not forget Marcus Smith who fits this scheme well. I think if they look at an End they may look for more of "pure" pass rusher like Spence (whom I thought you actually liked more than Lawson?) in a trade down or Ngakoue like I have in my mock. Spence has been the forgotten man since the Combine where he ran a 4.8 ... who says the Combine doesn't matter? :)
That isn't it for me Rey, I loved Randy Gregory last year. His off field drug issue dropped him in the draft, Dallas still took a shot on him and he swore he was a changed man and he wouldn't disappoint them. The man is suspended for the first 4 games this year for substance abuse. At #8, I'm not taking that chance. Yes I think Spence if clean, will have bigger sack numbers than Lawson, but Lawson is damn good, and could touch double digit sacks, and he is a high motor high character guy. I'll take that over a rb, I just can't go rb at 8.