• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds @ Cardinals 6/7 - 6/9

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that hasn't been to GABP in awhile, the surrounding area has changed for the better a lot since GABP was built. From the "Banks Project" to the fan friendly park areas, from the "Hall of Fame" to the upgrades at GABP itself, it is a great fan experience.

The ballpark is owned by Hamilton County and most of the upgrades to GABP are paid for by the Reds. Ownership has not only spent millions to upgrade the team into the winner we now enjoy, but has made the ballpark itself a great destination for fans. Whether or not the Reds win it all anytime soon, we're fortunate to have the current ownership group.

John is 1 for 1 this year, last time I used my fourth grade math that's was 100%. I think John needs to get to more games. I vote we take up a collection and relocate him to Cincy with season tickets. I'm just expressing my two cents worth, it'll take a lot more at that rate to make it happen.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to echo hit-n-runs sentiment. i've been to a lot of mlb ballparks, and great american ballpark is just that; a ballpark. very few bad seats and the surrounding area makes the whole experience worthwhile. if i lived there, i would purchase season tix. the prices really aren't that bad. just don't go crazy at the concessions.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, really happy for you, John! :clap: The glow from a really good experience at a MLB game lasts for a couple of days. I was thinking about you and hoping the game would go well for you.

And you also missed Tom Verducci's slobbing the Cards' knob the whole freaking game. It was so outrageous I finally muted sound and literally sat there and watched it in silence for a few innings, tried again, and sure enough he was still at it. You guys tell me I wasn't along in noticing that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to echo hit-n-runs sentiment. i've been to a lot of mlb ballparks, and great american ballpark is just that; a ballpark. very few bad seats and the surrounding area makes the whole experience worthwhile. if i lived there, i would purchase season tix. the prices really aren't that bad. just don't go crazy at the concessions.

I'd looooove to go to GABP and you guys would enjoy Petco as well. I spend literally nothing at the concessions. I save my $9/beer and go to Hooters afterward for day games while traffic is getting out of downtown. For night games, we go to Hooters in the Gaslamp before hand and can buy pitchers for the same cost as one beer at the game. I've been guilty of buying a beer or two to keep a righteous buzz going but none of the stuff I see where a family of 4-5 comes back with what looks like an entire meal that must have cost them at least $125. That blows my mind.

I also only buy my tickets at the stadium box office. I refuse to pay Ticketmaster's bullshit fees.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey Mantle said he'd rather have a hot dog at a ballpark than a steak at the Ritz... I understand the metaphor... I always loved the smell of a ballpark. GABP is a cool venue. Their HOF is special. The Banks is a nice upgrade. Above all else, Cincinnati, is a baseball town.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we can win tonight will be just 2 games back and take the series from the Tards. We need a good outing by Arroyo and I think Drob being in the 2 hole is gonna help this lineup alot more then what people realizes. I love Drob's speed and being able to bunt to get on base, The objective is to get on base in the 2 hole and he has all kinds of ways to get on. GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Chris Speier coach third base?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speier gets a guy thrown out at third tonight. Last night, he stopped a runner at third. Tonight, Bronson is sac bunting with 2 outs. Um ............... do we have a complete idiot coaching staff?

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume that's a rhetorical question.

If it's a trivia question I know the answer.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else notice they optioned Ondrusek to AAA and called up RHP Curtis Partch?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We send 6 guys to the plate and get 4 wimpy strikeouts and 2 popups.
Meanwhile the Birds come up and rip 5 hits out of 6 hitters.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards put in a rookie pitcher who gets 6 straight outs ... Reds put in a rookie pitcher who either can't get out of the 4th inning or gives up a granny. Nice contrast.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not prepared to confirm or deny that I am conceding the division to the St. Louis Cardinals.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do concur on the experience at the ballpark, especially the incredibly well-developed young Hooters girl outside the ballpark who wanted to marry me. :drool:

But the area around the stadium is magical. You KNOW it's Reds Country. The Hall of Fame is excellent. I spent a of time sharing memories with other visitors. You need to know your Reds. I actually schooled an employee on a Reds tradition. Fun, if true.

Most exciting parts are included in the game -- the stacks after a home run and the cadence the fans enjoy when Votto's walkup Paint it Black is played.

It's all stuff you can't appreciate on TV.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my statement that I liked Saturdays matchup best was true. As I arrived back home around 1 AM, I realized the thing I liked best about the 11-4 xtra inning drubbing was I didn't have to listen to the ESPN announcers...until I hear Welsh ripping Votto for not sliding.ESPN wasn't so blind and kind to the Reds coaching staff.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not prepared to confirm or deny that I am conceding the division to the St. Louis Cardinals.

Haha...then I won't put you on the spot. There is a long way to go and a lot of baseball to be played. I like where my Redbirds are now, but the Reds and Pirates aren't going away and I know that.

Anyway, it was a great series, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...then I won't put you on the spot. There is a long way to go and a lot of baseball to be played. I like where my Redbirds are now, but the Reds and Pirates aren't going away and I know that.

Anyway, it was a great series, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

You own us. Sucks, but it's true.