• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RecordGate

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Kenny Bell stuff, he did what he does, shot his mouth off and then had to eat crow. Kid needs to grow up a bit.
i didn't see a thread on this, is this where we are talking about it?

how exactly you going to display this: one board that says "these people did it wrong, but did really good stuff" and the second board is "records done using standard format" or something like that?

seriously though, I don't know what's all on the board, but a lot of things aren't that hard to be consistent on. I mean a 40yd dash is a 40yd dash, now if it wasn't electronically timed then yea i could see making a board that says "hand-held record" vs "electronic record". as far as like vertical, there is only one way to test it, you stand under the thing and then jump up, not that complicated, same with some other things like broad jump.

anyway, sounds like they are putting everything back up, Bell really should just take a minute and give people time to respond. kids these days needing instant gratification is just horrible. i think it's partially due to video games, you play a short game and get a reward. my son has been hooked on some game where he completes levels and builds up "money" or whatever the game calls it and can then buy something. that's our freaking world today and it bothers me.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't see a thread on this, is this where we are talking about it?

how exactly you going to display this: one board that says "these people did it wrong, but did really good stuff" and the second board is "records done using standard format" or something like that?

seriously though, I don't know what's all on the board, but a lot of things aren't that hard to be consistent on. I mean a 40yd dash is a 40yd dash, now if it wasn't electronically timed then yea i could see making a board that says "hand-held record" vs "electronic record". as far as like vertical, there is only one way to test it, you stand under the thing and then jump up, not that complicated, same with some other things like broad jump.

anyway, sounds like they are putting everything back up, Bell really should just take a minute and give people time to respond. kids these days needing instant gratification is just horrible. i think it's partially due to video games, you play a short game and get a reward. my son has been hooked on some game where he completes levels and builds up "money" or whatever the game calls it and can then buy something. that's our freaking world today and it bothers me.

It has to do with lifting. They weren't being graded from the floor. Stuff like that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One will be records during the Great Depression. And the other will just be regular records.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, saw the comment the other day about someone saying that like bench press count is one where you should use proper technique, as you can do a lot more using bad form, so i guess i understand that. similar to what you were saying R_A about not going from the floor.

i'm just really curious how they are going to display this stuff. one board that just says record using any method and another that has some sort of S&C standard behind it? i think that has me more curious than anything.

KB really does need to mature a little, just such a stark contrast between him and Ameer, you'd think he'd learn something from his friend and cool his jets a little.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly think its more about deleting Pelini's exsistence at the school than anything else

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One will be records during the Great Depression. And the other will just be regular records.

Great analogy. I think the old records will have an asterisk attached. (* these records don't count but are kept to stop the butt hurt)

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be more motivational-
Worst loss in program history
Most turnovers per game
Most rush yds given up per game/season-also most pass yds per game
Fewest sacks per season....

Go run tell that Kinnie

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most turnovers per game

Go run tell that Kinnie

Good point. We did set a shit ton of records during the Pelini era.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most turnovers per game

Go run tell that Kinnie

Kids are too sensitive these days to post that shit. They'd be traumatized by seeing it, get offended and go running to chancellor Green demanding it be removed or he resign.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids are too sensitive these days to post that shit. They'd be traumatized by seeing it, get offended and go running to chancellor Green demanding it be removed or he resign.
At the very least it would need to be approved by Kenny first

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Nebraska hire the coaches and strength coaches during this time frame? Yes.

Are the coaches from this time, paying back their salaries? No.

Did the players have a choice in the matter? No.

Did the players get a University of Nebraska scholarship or some sort of team piece of paper?

Did the players wear Scarlet and Cream? (god I hope I have those correct)

Do the Football team records and division trophies still count from this time frame?

Is Nebraska giving up the victories from this time frame or keeping them?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I a Husker fan?

Do I believe Lawrence Phillips was innocent and has been from day 1?

Did the refs rig the National Championship game in our loss to Florida State in '93?

Dude where's my car?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where you're going with that ^^^^^

Translation for Gen Y.....

If all those applied from that time frame, then so should the S&C records.

I.E. You don't erase or rewrite history.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation for Gen Y.....

If all those applied from that time frame, then so should the S&C records.

I.E. You don't erase or rewrite history.

Did I wear red that day?

How much does Tommie Frazier weigh by now?

Did he swallow another human being?

My car needs an oil change.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I wear red that day?

How much does Tommie Frazier weigh by now?

Did he swallow another human being?

My car needs an oil change.

Soooooooo. Why hasn't Dancing With The Stars had Tommie Frazier on yet, anyway? He should have been on The Bachelor too.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if some Loony Toon lifting technique allowed them to life 15 reps more than possible with a normal technique, y'all think we should keep those absurd numbers on the wall??

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Red_Alert. I thought it was rather obvious, but I am not of the twitter generation.

The players played the game for the University of Nebraska and the State of Nebraska.

This recordgate never even should have happened.

How pissed were the players and fans when Callahan did Picturegate? Then, within nearly ten years do something along the same lines?