• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why I think the Pacers "could" win 40 games...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I do know a lot more than you. It isn't even close. That isn't me being arrogant either. You are a bad poster.

Are you also a lawyer and do you know Pop personally like some people on these boards?

Big man on the internet who doesn't use google. :rolleyes2:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you also a lawyer and do you know Pop personally like some people on these boards?

Big man on the internet who doesn't use google. :rolleyes2:

No. You sure get the award for most obnoxious poster though now that Wiggy is gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers aren't good at all. But Oladipo isn't stat padding. He is producing. Your use of -9 implies that they are -9 because of Oladipo. But they aren't a very good team. Somebody has to get the stats and Oladipo is stepping up. He is shooting 50% from the field so it isn't like he is hurting them taking bad shots. If Oladipo weren't playing the Pacers would probably be 0-5.

In other words...he's stat padding.

He's a solid player on a shit team. Someone is going to get the stats and in this case it's him. As we see on a regular basis, it's unlikely that his production would continue.

You and @bksballer89 crack me up. I have seen both of you, over the years, say that certain players are just putting up stats on a bad team.

Then, when a poster you don't get along with says the same thing...suddenly that player isn't just putting up numbers on a good team, he's "producing" and "stepping up."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a solid player on a shit team. Someone is going to get the stats and in this case it's him. As we see on a regular basis, it's unlikely that his production would continue.

You and @bksballer89 crack me up. I have seen both of you, over the years, say that certain players are just putting up stats on a bad team.

Then, when a poster you don't get along with says the same thing...suddenly that player isn't just putting up numbers on a good team, he's "producing" and "stepping up."

It is all about efficiency man. A guy who averages 26 a game because he is taking 23 shots and shooting 40% from the field would be "stat padding". A guard who is shooting 50% is playing well. At least right now. Pretty simple really.

I am not saying Oladipo is a great player. It is obvious that he isn't. But @Shaqdaddy11 is suggesting that he is playing poorly and that is just wrong.

And, I am not the one who picked this fight. It started on page 8 of the rookie thread. When someone comes at me, I am going to finish it. But I didn't start this BS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about efficiency man. A guy who averages 26 a game because he is taking 23 shots and shooting 40% from the field would be "stat padding". A guard who is shooting 50% is playing well. At least right now. Pretty simple really.

I am not saying Oladipo is a great player. It is obvious that he isn't. But @Shaqdaddy11 is suggesting that he is playing poorly and that is just wrong.

And, I am not the one who picked this fight. It started on page 8 of the rookie thread. When someone comes at me, I am going to finish it. But I didn't start this BS.

You call this a "fight"?

LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me be very clear about this too.

It absolutely matters who you are trying to compare him too. If somebody is trying to say Oladipo is an elite player because he is averaging 26 a game then it is an entirely different conversation. Nobody said that. @bksballer89 just said he is playing well. Which he is.

My beef is when people use basic stats without context of efficiency to elevate players over one another. That is not what is happening here. I am disappointed you can't see the difference.

I am not trying to put Oladipo in the top 20 players (or even top 40). I am just refuting the claim that he wasn't off to a great start.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said i expect his production to continue? I was stating that he had a great start to the season which he is. I don't think anyone expects Oladipo to avg 26 PPG for the year. I expect this to be his best NBA season if he stays healthy but he's not going to keep up this exact production.

As for your stat padding comments, you said he is a solid player on a shit team which is true but let me ask you something. With Turner being out, don't you think opposing defense would be more focus on Oladipo as he is currently their best player on their active roster? If the answer is yes ( which it should be) then how in the world do you explain him shooting 61 & 68% from the field in the past 2 games.

Usually when you stat pad due to the team you're on, your shots per game go up but fg% either remains the same or goes down. How do you explain Oladipo shooting increasing significantly to 50% from the field and 44% from 3? In his career he is a 43% shooter from the field and 35% from 3.

One final thing. You do realize that Oladipo played on a shit team in 3 of his first 4 NBA seasons right? So why didn't he put up these stats back when he played on a shit Orlando team. Is it not possible that he is now a better player in year 5 of his career?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said i expect his production to continue? I was stating that he had a great start to the season which he is. I don't think anyone expects Oladipo to avg 26 PPG for the year. I expect this to be his best NBA season if he stays healthy but he's not going to keep up this exact production.

As for your stat padding comments, you said he is a solid player on a shit team which is true but let me ask you something. With Turner being out, don't you think opposing defense would be more focus on Oladipo as he is currently their best player on their active roster? If the answer is yes ( which it should be) then how in the world do you explain him shooting 61 & 68% from the field in the past 2 games.

Usually when you stat pad due to the team you're on, your shots per game go up but fg% either remains the same or goes down. How do you explain Oladipo shooting increasing significantly to 50% from the field and 44% from 3? In his career he is a 43% shooter from the field and 35% from 3.

One final thing. You do realize that Oladipo played on a shit team in 3 of his first 4 NBA seasons right? So why didn't he put up these stats back when he played on a shit Orlando team. Is it not possible that he is now a better player in year 5 of his career?

One more thing that is a bit ironic.

She first knocked Oladipo for a bad plus minus (that really isn't that bad), then accused him of stat padding on a bad team. You can't criticize him for both. If he is playing on a crap team, the plus minus isn't his fault.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, in other words, he's stat padding. He's a solid player putrting up nimbers on a shit team. Nice try at moving the goalposts.

As to the bold, you may not have started, but you sure have added to it and made yourself look like an ass for your trouble.

And this was after saying you weren't going to respond to her anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, he's stat padding. He's a solid player putrting up nimbers on a shit team.

Once again why didn't he do this on Orlando? Are you going to tell me Orlando wasn't a shit team when he played for them. They won 23 and 25 games in 2 of his 3 seasons. Why didn't he put up numbers like this in Orlando?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?!? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

So no response? LMAO exactly what I expected. You got nothing. Keep siding with your lakers fan though simply because you and her root for the same team

Just answer this question for me.

Who is Indy best player when Turner doesn't play?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again why didn't he do this on Orlando? Are you going to tell me Orlando wasn't a shit team when he played for them. They won 23 and 25 games in 2 of his 3 seasons. Why didn't he put up numbers like this in Orlando?

Because it was a different team with a different system. You're so blinded for your dislike for Shaqdaddy that you're seriously starting to embarrass yourself.

You're trying to use an extremely small sample size to back up your point. If anyone else did the the same, you'd be calling them out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no response? LMAO exactly what I expected. You got nothing. Keep siding with your lakers fan though simply because you and her root for the same team

Just answer this question for me.

Who is Indy best player when Turner doesn't play?

Your post wasn't worthy of a response. It was that stupid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was a different team with a different system. You're so blinded for your dislike for Shaqdaddy that you're seriously starting to embarrass yourself.

You're trying to use an extremely small sample size to back up your point. If anyone else did the the same, you'd be calling them out.

It is a small sample size. Which is why I stated several times that I don't expect him to keep up these numbers. I was just simply pointing out that he is off to a great start to the season which he is.

And who cares if it was a different team with a different system. The 3 years in Orlando they were a shit team which means he should have been stat padding

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post wasn't worthy of a response. It was that stupid.

It was stupid to point out that Oladipo is Indy best player with Turner out and therefore, teams are likely paying more attention to him than they will when Turner is playing......sure