• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why I think the Pacers "could" win 40 games...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Victor Oladipo is now the Pacers' highest paid player, and because of that he's finally in an organization fully committed to his skill set, which is more than we could say about Orlando and OKC the last two years. Now's the time for him to make good on his potential to average 18-5-5.
  • Outside of 'Dipo, we have a roster full of short contracts on guys with a ton to prove, and in a weak eastern conference that bodes well with a schedule that has more wins available.
  • The way Myles Turner has been talking all summer long, it sounds as if he's always wanted the PC13 move to happen so he could take more a leadership role. Only 21, he's mature beyond his years, and if he has the breakout season that been anticipated, he'll make long-time Pacer rivals in Miami and Detroit looks foolish for passing on him.
  • Former Pacer Darren Collison returns to the team with a more mature approach than before. I admit that I underappreciated him during his first Pacers tenure, but Lance Stephenson was his backup as a rookie. Good for team continuity.
  • Speaking of Stephenson, his first full year back with the team will also do wonders for the Pacers. I see him playing a utility role off the bench with the capability of playing three different positions (PG,SG, and SF). He knows that not only does he need the Pacers, but the Pacers need him as well. He wasn't happy with how his first Indiana tenure ended, and he knows this is his last chance to play significant minutes in an NBA rotation. He won't fuck it up this time.
  • Cory Joseph arrives in a sign-and-trade and he bring championship-level experience from his San Antonio days. The Pacers should be a much better defensive ballclub this year than they were last year with the additions of defensive-minded role players such as Joseph and Sabonis.
  • Monta Ellis has been bought out. He was complete dog shit last season and a complete waste of minutes. That's addition by subtraction right there.
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

Our board's favorite Bruce Jenner wannabe is going down!!! (I already have an avatar in mind for "it") :clap:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sandor-clegane-the-hound-fuck-the-pacers.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Packers could win 40 games I guess. I think the better question is, why would you want them to? They have some decent pieces and if Oladipo and Sabonis can develop into quality starters they could be pretty good if they could get a player from the lottery next year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Victor Oladipo is now the Pacers' highest paid player, and because of that he's finally in an organization fully committed to his skill set, which is more than we could say about Orlando and OKC the last two years. Now's the time for him to make good on his potential to average 18-5-5.
  • Outside of 'Dipo, we have a roster full of short contracts on guys with a ton to prove, and in a weak eastern conference that bodes well with a schedule that has more wins available.
  • The way Myles Turner has been talking all summer long, it sounds as if he's always wanted the PC13 move to happen so he could take more a leadership role. Only 21, he's mature beyond his years, and if he has the breakout season that been anticipated, he'll make long-time Pacer rivals in Miami and Detroit looks foolish for passing on him.
  • Former Pacer Darren Collison returns to the team with a more mature approach than before. I admit that I underappreciated him during his first Pacers tenure, but Lance Stephenson was his backup as a rookie. Good for team continuity.
  • Speaking of Stephenson, his first full year back with the team will also do wonders for the Pacers. I see him playing a utility role off the bench with the capability of playing three different positions (PG,SG, and SF). He knows that not only does he need the Pacers, but the Pacers need him as well. He wasn't happy with how his first Indiana tenure ended, and he knows this is his last chance to play significant minutes in an NBA rotation. He won't fuck it up this time.
  • Cory Joseph arrives in a sign-and-trade and he bring championship-level experience from his San Antonio days. The Pacers should be a much better defensive ballclub this year than they were last year with the additions of defensive-minded role players such as Joseph and Sabonis.
  • Monta Ellis has been bought out. He was complete dog shit last season and a complete waste of minutes. That's addition by subtraction right there.
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

Our board's favorite Bruce Jenner wannabe is going down!!! (I already have an avatar in mind for "it") :clap:

I just don't see it.

The Pacers only had 42 wins with a much more talented team. I like Myles Turner a lot and TJ Leaf shows some promise. Other than that you have a bunch of pieces that don't fit really well together, IMO. Add to that I don't have any faith in McMillan bringing out the most of these guys.

Plus why would you want them to win 40 games? I thought your rebuild ideal process would be to tank so you could get higher picks.

Of the teams ahead of the Pacers, only the Hawks got worse. Then you have Heat, Pistons, Hornets and 76ers who all should take a step up. I think the Pacers hover around 30 wins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it.

The Pacers only had 42 wins with a much more talented team. I like Myles Turner a lot and TJ Leaf shows some promise. Other than that you have a bunch of pieces that don't fit really well together, IMO. Add to that I don't have any faith in McMillan bringing out the most of these guys.

Plus why would you want them to win 40 games? I thought your rebuild ideal process would be to tank so you could get higher picks.

Of the teams ahead of the Pacers, only the Hawks got worse. Then you have Heat, Pistons, Hornets and 76ers who all should take a step up. I think the Pacers hover around 30 wins.

Agree.

I think Oladipo will have a good year, but the team will struggle. They lost their 3 best outside shooters from last season and have a lot of dribble drive perimeter guys with few catch and shoot options, aside from Bogdonavich and maybe Collison.

My prediction for the Pacers is 32 wins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Pacers at 26 wins this season.

Wish I had the homer glasses that Dij has.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Pacers at 26 wins this season.

Wish I had the homer glasses that Dij has.

I'm honestly surprised he's not here hyping up the Nuggets. I might be able to get on board with some of that. Pacers is a stretch though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly surprised he's not here hyping up the Nuggets. I might be able to get on board with some of that. Pacers is a stretch though.

I think the Nuggets will just miss the playoffs. Pacers won't even be close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Nuggets will just miss the playoffs. Pacers won't even be close.

Nuggets are a near lock for the playoffs unless they face substantial injures.

Finished 9th last year, young core gets a year more experience plus they add Millsap. They have a better chance at finsihing 4th than missing, IMO.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets are a near lock for the playoffs unless they face substantial injures.

Finished 9th last year, young core gets a year more experience plus they add Millsap. They have a better chance at finsihing 4th than missing, IMO.

You may be right, but they did lose Galo (gained Milsapp). It'll be interesting how they adjust. I think Denver's ceiling is 6. I don't see them finishing ahead of the Warriors, Rockets, Spurs and Thunder; and the T-Wolves on paper got significantly better as well. After that, it's anyone's guess as Portland's inconsistent on defense and the Grizz may be a different team without Z-Bo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but they did lose Galo (gained Milsapp). It'll be interesting how they adjust. I think Denver's ceiling is 6. I don't see them finishing ahead of the Warriors, Rockets, Spurs and Thunder; and the T-Wolves on paper got significantly better as well. After that, it's anyone's guess as Portland's inconsistent on defense and the Grizz may be a different team without Z-Bo

I think 6 is the most likely spot too.

In my mind, they are clearly better than the others outside the top 5 (time will tell on that), but I would not be shocked if they overachieve a bit or if the Thunder and Wolves underachieve a bit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Paper they are better than the Clippers, Utah, Memphis.

So, 6 sounds about right.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word of advice. Enjoy your lottery pick and start scouting the top prospects for 2018