• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why I think the Pacers "could" win 40 games...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers problem is management. If I am a Pacers fan I want that messed fixed or it remains a franchise in purgatory

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Oladipo is now the Pacers' highest paid player, and because of that he's finally in an organization fully committed to his skill set, which is more than we could say about Orlando and OKC the last two years. Now's the time for him to make good on his potential to average 18-5-5.

Great start to the season for Oladipo. Been pretty efficient the last few games

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The way Myles Turner has been talking all summer long, it sounds as if he's always wanted the PC13 move to happen so he could take more a leadership role. Only 21, he's mature beyond his years, and if he has the breakout season that been anticipated, he'll make long-time Pacer rivals in Miami and Detroit looks foolish for passing on him.
Why would teams that are set at starting center with Whiteside and Drummond look foolish for passing on Turner. Even if he does develop to be better than them do you waste the pick on someone that is going to sit and not get a chance to develop or do you fill a need, which center is not for either team. This was the draft that they took Stanley Johnson and Justice Winslow, both of whom should fill much bigger team needs than center for years to come if they live up to their potential.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is -9 for the season so far!

Great start!

He is off to a great start actually. Way to cherry pick.

Oladipo is not an elite player. He can't be expected to single handedly carry a team. So, -9 is basically irrelevant when discussing a guy leading a team projected to win 35 or less and playing without their best or second best guy. He and Collison have done a fantastic job leading the Pacers in the early going.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great start!

Thanks for continuing to prove you know absolutely nothing about basketball

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is off to a great start actually. Way to cherry pick.

Oladipo is not an elite player. He can't be expected to single handedly carry a team. So, -9 is basically irrelevant when discussing a guy leading a team projected to win 35 or less and playing without their best or second best guy. He and Collison have done a fantastic job leading the Pacers in the early going.

It's called stat padding on a shit team. I would have thought a basketball expert like you would know that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called stat padding on a shit team. I would have thought a basketball expert like you would know that.

See now, this is why @bksballer89 said what he did. I will break it down in simple language you can understand.

The Pacers aren't good at all. But Oladipo isn't stat padding. He is producing. Your use of -9 implies that they are -9 because of Oladipo. But they aren't a very good team. Somebody has to get the stats and Oladipo is stepping up. He is shooting 50% from the field so it isn't like he is hurting them taking bad shots. If Oladipo weren't playing the Pacers would probably be 0-5.

By the way, your precious Lonzo Ball is -24 through 4 games, but you don't see me trying to use that as some kind of reason why he is having a bad season. Because, like the Pacers, the Lakers aren't that great.

As much as I can't stand @HurricaneDij39, I am going to laugh real hard if he beats you in that bet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now, this is why @bksballer89 said what he did. I will break it down in simple language you can understand.

The Pacers aren't good at all. But Oladipo isn't stat padding. He is producing. Your use of -9 implies that they are -9 because of Oladipo. But they aren't a very good team. Somebody has to get the stats and Oladipo is stepping up. He is shooting 50% from the field so it isn't like he is hurting them taking bad shots. If Oladipo weren't playing the Pacers would probably be 0-5.

By the way, your precious Lonzo Ball is -24 through 4 games, but you don't see me trying to use that as some kind of reason why he is having a bad season. Because, like the Pacers, the Lakers aren't that great.

As much as I can't stand @HurricaneDij39, I am going to laugh real hard if he beats you in that bet.

"Someone has to get the stats and Oladipo is stepping up"

But he's not stat padding :crazy:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to the season for Oladipo. Been pretty efficient the last few games

He's been terrific.

Great start!

-9 is not good. But, it doesn't tell the whole story, sorta like Lonzo.

Olidipo has actually been filthy statically.

Through five games, he’s averaging 26.0 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.2 steals per contest. Additionally, Oladipo is producing these numbers efficiently on shooting splits of .500/.448/.886.

Pacers' Victor Oladipo is NBA's biggest breakout star so far this year

Victor Oladipo has been player Pacers hoped they were getting, and more

Indiana Pacers: Victor Oladipo flourishing in lead role

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through five games, he’s averaging 26.0 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.2 steals per contest.

His scoring is good. But they need a scorer on that team. His rebounds and assists are below average though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His scoring is good. But they need a scorer on that team. His rebounds and assists are below average though

Again, you are cherry picking stats that fit your narrative. His role is to score. In Orlando he was playing a lot of point. Now he is playing almost exclusively off the ball. Of course his assists will go down.

Stat padding implies that the numbers he is getting aren't necessary. Oladipo is playing his role beautifully so far an all his production is needed as you even admitted yourself.

So, in a nutshell, you are way off base to criticize his early season production based on plus minus. Like unbelievably, cosmically wrong. I am not guaranteeing he will keep it up, but he has been outstanding so far.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are cherry picking stats that fit your narrative. His role is to score. In Orlando he was playing a lot of point. Now he is playing almost exclusively off the ball. Of course his assists will go down.

Stat padding implies that the numbers he is getting aren't necessary. Oladipo is playing his role beautifully so far an all his production is needed as you even admitted yourself.

So, in a nutshell, you are way off base to criticize his early season production based on plus minus. Like unbelievably, cosmically wrong. I am not guaranteeing he will keep it up, but he has been outstanding so far.

So just the other day you were saying stats like points, rebounds and assists don't matter, but in the case of Oladipo it does?

In comparison, Lonzo (because apparently he's my new favorite player now) is averaging 12/9/9 in his first four games in the NBA, but those stats are useless.

Oladipo on the other hand is a fantastic player because he's on 26ppg.

That is basically what you are saying.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just the other day you were saying stats like points, rebounds and assists don't matter, but in the case of Oladipo it does?

In comparison, Lonzo (because apparently he's my new favorite player now) is averaging 12/9/9 in his first four games in the NBA, but those stats are useless.

Oladipo on the other hand is a fantastic player because he's on 26ppg.

That is basically what you are saying.

No. That is not even close to what I saying. And I never said Lonzo's stats were useless, although I did say he was probably going to struggle with efficiency. In fact, I have been highly praising him since summer league. I only used that example to prove how stupid it is to use plus minus for a player on a mediocre team 5 games into the season.

I said simple stats were overrated when taken out of context with Efficiency. That has always been my position. The problem is that don't have a clue what that even means so you don't understand what I am saying. I Have never said stats don't matter. Oladipo has been scoring at a highly efficient rate. He has been awesome so far.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said simple stats were overrated when taken out of context with Efficiency. That has always been my position. The problem is that don't have a clue what that even means so you don't understand what I am saying. I Have never said stats don't matter. Oladipo has been scoring at a highly efficient rate. He has been awesome so far.

Want to talk efficiency? Try assists per turnover. Or turnovers in general. Those are MAJOR stats when dealing with efficiency don't you agree? Then come back to me. The ONLY positive attribute Oladipo has is scoring. Yet somehow you fail to bring those numbers up. And you claim you know so much more about basketball than me? LOL gtfo!

At the moment you are arguing with me just for the hell of it. I've clearly offended you and now you're hell-bent on trying to upstage me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to talk efficiency? Try assists per turnover. Or turnovers in general. Those are MAJOR stats when dealing with efficiency don't you agree? Then come back to me. The ONLY positive attribute Oladipo has is scoring. Yet somehow you fail to bring those numbers up. And you claim you know so much more about basketball than me? LOL gtfo!

At the moment you are arguing with me just for the hell of it. I've clearly offended you and now you're hell-bent on trying to upstage me.

That is a major stat.

But, Assist to TO is more relevant for PGs and other primary ball handlers than it is for SGs. Scoring efficiency is by far the most important efficiency measure for most wing players.

I am not arguing for the sake of arguments.

And I do know a lot more than you. It isn't even close. That isn't me being arrogant either. You are a bad poster.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

He's a sg in a pg body.

Playing next to Collison mitigates his lack of assists a bit.

As far as rebounds go, Lakers and OKC fans are being spoiled by Lonzo and Westbrook....lol

5 boards is good for a sg.

Reactions: GNG