• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Pacific Northwest for 4 05/28-05/31

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few years they had guys succeed at the lower levels and then fade quickly either in AA or AAA like Chi Chi and Luke Jackson. They didn't come up too fast at all. They just died on the vine.

Point was they have not worked on pitches being developed on pitch at a time starting with FB command. Surely you have read this

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting the idea from the media that we are keeping Beltre and his expiring contract.

I am not sure what the plan is or if whatever the plan is will stay that way for very long. This year they were going to keep Joey at 1B and then changed their mind. They were going to play Rua every day and that didn't last very long. They told Beltre they were going to try and compete last fall and then didn't do anything like that. And who knows what plans changed that we never knew about to begin with. They change their mind a lot on some things and then are very stubborn on other things.

Not sure re media and don't really care. Let's see if his hamstring holds up. Not sure what you mean about last statements. Seems like a complaint. We knew when they picked up the pitching they did it was a stopgap. You surely did not want further selling to the farm???

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was they have not worked on pitches being developed on pitch at a time starting with FB command. Surely you have read this
I have read where Brett Martin is working on his secondary pitches even though it caused him to struggle mightily, but it was presented as if that was unusual.

They have had such a lack of success that I think most fans will want to see the proof in the pudding before they believe things have really changed enough to make a big difference. I have read about several different changes in philosophies over the years and still we haven't produced much in the say of starting pitching(remember the tandem starting pitching). Just because they are trying something new doesn't necessarily mean they are doing something that will make a big difference in results.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure re media and don't really care. Let's see if his hamstring holds up. Not sure what you mean about last statements. Seems like a complaint. We knew when they picked up the pitching they did it was a stopgap. You surely did not want further selling to the farm???
You know I have wanted to rebuild since the end of 2013. I am just stating that they change their mind and that is one of the things they changed it about. The complaint is that they can be wishy washy .

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not heard the approach is to develop their pitches one at a time and not move guys up unless ready? It is the claim. We shall see if true.
When is last last time they have developed a starting pitcher. It sure isn't Perez. I would say Kevin Brown or Kenny Rogers. I don't think they have an approach. A prime example is Dillon Tate. They had him change his delivery and his velocity dropped from the mid 90's to the mid 80's. The Yankees had him go back to his high school delivery and he is back to the mid 90's with a mid 3 era in AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give them Derek Holland. His injuries got the best of him, but he had developed into a very nice pitcher prior to those injuries.

I actually think they should have kept Feliz as a starter in AAA the whole year that they brought him up and forced him to develop those secondary pitches. But it was another case of them not being able to finish his development.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the new stadium will make it possible to bring in FA pitchers at some point, no guarantees but certainty more possible, pitching in texas heat has been consistently mentioned as a reason to avoid the rangers come free agency

You’re right no guarantees.

I think it will help. Remember, we came in second place in the both the Cliff Lee and the greinke sweepstakes. I think if we had an indoor stadium, Cliff Lee would’ve stayed and it might’ve helped with greinke.

The only thing different between now and then is that we had a pretty good line up ( and team) when we were trying to get those guys.

Even if we had the new stadium right now, we’d probably get laughed out of the negotiating room until we get a good team.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiotic call Banny.

Let’s bring in strikeout king odor to pinch hit. He can’t keep his favorite son out of the lineup for an entire 9 innings.

I’d like to see a different manager next year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a decent chance to win this one actually. Barnette has already pitched tonight and of course Moore is out of the game too.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right no guarantees.

I think it will help. Remember, we came in second place in the both the Cliff Lee and the greinke sweepstakes. I think if we had an indoor stadium, Cliff Lee would’ve stayed and it might’ve helped with greinke.

The only thing different between now and then is that we had a pretty good line up ( and team) when we were trying to get those guys.

Even if we had the new stadium right now, we’d probably get laughed out of the negotiating room until we get a good team.

Another year of stopgaps and development and we'll see about 2020

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you overrate Seise, but who knows, ultimately our system's ability to produce pitchers not position players is what determines our ability to take the next step anyway
You hit the nail on the head.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you overrate Seise, but who knows, ultimately our system's ability to produce pitchers not position players is what determines our ability to take the next step anyway
It doesn't have to be an "either/or" situation. Our system needs to produce both pitching and position players. And we have to sign the right free agents and make the rright kind of trades. All of that is needed to get to the final step.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.205-Gallo
What an idiotic call Banny.

Let’s bring in strikeout king odor to pinch hit. He can’t keep his favorite son out of the lineup for an entire 9 innings.

I’d like to see a different manager next year.
Have to agree with you. Terrible decision. You don't PH a Mendoza in that situation. Strange relation between Banister and Odor. Like to see both gone.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.205-Gallo

Have to agree with you. Terrible decision. You don't PH a Mendoza in that situation. Strange relation between Banister and Odor. Like to see both gone.
not supporting Odor but he had batted .350+ over his last 5 games

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not supporting Odor but he had batted .350+ over his last 5 games

I still think it’s a case of Banny looking at a player he loves through rose colored glasses.

His last few games have been good, but what about the 100 games before that?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it’s a case of Banny looking at a player he loves through rose colored glasses.

His last few games have been good, but what about the 100 games before that?
He will get his hits ever now and then but don't gamble the game on him with two outs and bases loaded.