• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Pacific Northwest for 4 05/28-05/31

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic Joey

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably be in Frisco soon
Now, to keep him and Crouse healthy.

Hernandez needs a new challenge soon. He may rise as quickly as Holland and Feliz did a few years back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying we have shortstop options even before we deal players. I still have hope in guys like Palumbo and Hernandez and later on Crouse and Ragans. Plenty of bullpen arm. OF is stacked. We have MLB players coming. Just need a few to become elite
Well, CF is stacked. I am not sure how many will have enough power for a COF spot. Too early to tell about that I guess.

I do think with the injuries to Ragans, Cody, and now Seise that our return to glory days has been pushed back a year or so. The progress that Hernandez and Arrendondo have made can reverse that if it continues in AA though.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, CF is stacked. I am not sure how many will have enough power for a COF spot. Too early to tell about that I guess.

I do think with the injuries to Ragans, Cody, and now Seise that our return to glory days has been pushed back a year or so. The progress that Hernandez and Arrendondo have made can reverse that if it continues in AA though.

Let's not assume the worst on Cody. He may be fine in July. If we make progress next year, we will make a FA splash in 2020 IMO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to plan on rainy days.

Agreed....Yet here we are in the 'rainy days of 2018' and haven't a plan in sight....According to me anyway.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you would do that a little more often Joey, instead of swinging for the fences every time.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....Yet here we are in the 'rainy days of 2018' and haven't a plan in sight....According to me anyway.

Don't you think it is try out the youth minus Willie C in AAA and move expiring contracts at break. All while developing pitching in minors?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not assume the worst on Cody. He may be fine in July. If we make progress next year, we will make a FA splash in 2020 IMO
Either he has lost most of a year of development or at worst 2 years so he will be delayed some or a lot.

The key is getting some pitching prospects developed and ready to take on at least a #2 rotation spot. I kind of think we are going to have to develop an ace as well. Those things might not happen until 2021 or 2022 because they are going to have to get some big league time in before reaching that kind of potential. Then again Hernandez and one other guy may come fast and strong. That may be wishful thinking though.

I think the only way we compete in 2020 is if we trade multiple prospects for a couple of rental pieces unless we decide to move into the top 5 in payroll.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think it is try out the youth minus Willie C in AAA and move expiring contracts at break. All while developing pitching in minors?
I am getting the idea from the media that we are keeping Beltre and his expiring contract.

I am not sure what the plan is or if whatever the plan is will stay that way for very long. This year they were going to keep Joey at 1B and then changed their mind. They were going to play Rua every day and that didn't last very long. They told Beltre they were going to try and compete last fall and then didn't do anything like that. And who knows what plans changed that we never knew about to begin with. They change their mind a lot on some things and then are very stubborn on other things.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might we need a catcher

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers develop pitchers. When.

Have you not heard the approach is to develop their pitches one at a time and not move guys up unless ready? It is the claim. We shall see if true.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone remind me why Matt Moore is still on a major league roster? And unfortunately, on ours?
When is the last time we had a starting pitcher struggle as much as he has for 2 full months and then turn it around?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting the idea from the media that we are keeping Beltre and his expiring contract.

I am not sure what the plan is or if whatever the plan is will stay that way for very long. This year they were going to keep Joey at 1B and then changed their mind. They were going to play Rua every day and that didn't last very long. They told Beltre they were going to try and compete last fall and then didn't do anything like that. And who knows what plans changed that we never knew about to begin with. They change their mind a lot on some things and then are very stubborn on other things.

We all wish they’d change their mind on Odor, but it shows no signs of happening.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you overrate Seise, but who knows, ultimately our system's ability to produce pitchers not position players is what determines our ability to take the next step anyway

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not heard the approach is to develop their pitches one at a time and not move guys up unless ready? It is the claim. We shall see if true.
The last few years they had guys succeed at the lower levels and then fade quickly either in AA or AAA like Chi Chi and Luke Jackson. They didn't come up too fast at all. They just died on the vine.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either he has lost most of a year of development or at worst 2 years so he will be delayed some or a lot.

The key is getting some pitching prospects developed and ready to take on at least a #2 rotation spot. I kind of think we are going to have to develop an ace as well. Those things might not happen until 2021 or 2022 because they are going to have to get some big league time in before reaching that kind of potential. Then again Hernandez and one other guy may come fast and strong. That may be wishful thinking though.

I think the only way we compete in 2020 is if we trade multiple prospects for a couple of rental pieces unless we decide to move into the top 5 in payroll.

I think the new stadium will make it possible to bring in FA pitchers at some point, no guarantees but certainty more possible, pitching in texas heat has been consistently mentioned as a reason to avoid the rangers come free agency