• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Pacific Northwest for 4 05/28-05/31

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy Labor Day everyone.

Should be interesting to see if the odor hot streak continues.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy Labor Day everyone.

Should be interesting to see if the odor hot streak continues.
Memorial Day. I appreciate all of you that have served our country. We have a veterans memorial where we live and I purchased a large brick that has my dad and brother-in-law's names and date of service along with what conflicts they were a part of that is high on a hill that has a beautiful view. Both passed away 6 years ago. My brother-in-law was my best friend and he died of something I had not heard of for years. He died from Agent Orange. I was really surprised by that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memorial Day. I appreciate all of you that have served our country. We have a veterans memorial where we live and I purchased a large brick that has my dad and brother-in-law's names and date of service along with what conflicts they were a part of that is high on a hill that has a beautiful view. Both passed away 6 years ago. My brother-in-law was my best friend and he died of something I had not heard of for years. He died from Agent Orange. I was really surprised by that.
Agent Orange is still around. I have a friend in the VA hospital suffering from it. Sorry for your losses.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I salute each and every one of you who's served, in any capacity, our country.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another afternoon game today. Kind of strange to follow an away afternooner, with another afternooner in a different park.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another afternoon game today. Kind of strange to follow an away afternooner, with another afternooner in a different park.

Speaking of afternoon games, a quick look at the next week's weather makes you realize the Rangers need a home with a roof as soon as possible.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of afternoon games, a quick look at the next week's weather makes you realize the Rangers need a home with a roof as soon as possible.
Can't wait for it. They're talking temps over 105 over the next couple of weeks.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still blame George w Bush for building the ballpark outside.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a shame our current park couldn't have been retro-fitted with a roof. But I'm certainly not blaming the previous ownership group b/c no telling how many more tens of millions it would have cost to have built a dome back then.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame our current park couldn't have been retro-fitted with a roof. But I'm certainly not blaming the previous ownership group b/c no telling how many more tens of millions it would have cost to have built a dome back then.

They new trend in domed stadiums hadn't really started being built or tested yet and no one wanted a Skydome/Kingdome type fiasco

Dome/Roof technology has come a long way since then

Our stadium was built 4 years before Chase Field in Arizona and 5 years before Safeco in Seattle.

Skydome/Rogers Centre is the only stadium built before ours that is retractable, built in 1989, but I don't think they open it much anymore, but I'm guessing on that part

Tropicana Field is the only fixed dome left built in 1990

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They new trend in domed stadiums hadn't really started being built or tested yet and no one wanted a Skydome/Kingdome type fiasco

Dome/Roof technology has come a long way since then

Our stadium was built 4 years before Chase Field in Arizona and 5 years before Safeco in Seattle.

Skydome/Rogers Centre is the only stadium built before ours that is retractable, built in 1989, but I don't think they open it much anymore, but I'm guessing on that part

Tropicana Field is the only fixed dome left built in 1990

Actually they leave it open as often as possible apparently and must meet certain guidelines to be closed

Roof Guidelines | Rogers Centre | Toronto Blue Jays

Temperature
Forecast temperatures will be below 10 degrees Celsius.

Past experiences have demonstrated that fan comfort may be effected by temperatures between 10 and 15 degrees Celsius -- therefore forecasted temperatures at the start and end of the game will be factored into their decision

Wind

Winds will be in excess of 64 km/h - 10 minute average wind speed (Design condition)

Winds above 20 km/h will also have a cooling effect reducing temperatures below our 10 to 15-degree threshold

Rain
The risk of rain is great (i.e. > 75%)

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck guys!