• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Pacific Northwest for 4 05/28-05/31

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting cleanup.

I wish people would stop feeling bad for Rua. The guy just hasn’t hit at all and he’s had opportunities.

I think this organization is a little bit “ too nice” with their personnel decisions. We tend to stick with some guys too long over some more deserving players who play their same position.

David Murphy and odor are prime examples

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.
I just don't assume that since it is our FO then they must do everything right. Big difference. lol

You know I don't agree with everything with FO does and their moves..... I just give benefit of doubt a bit more frequently.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people would stop feeling bad for Rua. The guy just hasn’t hit at all and he’s had opportunities.

I think this organization is a little bit “ too nice” with their personnel decisions. We tend to stick with some guys too long over some more deserving players who play their same position.
I have stated my case for him a number of times and nothing has happened this year to contradict that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now playing center field for the Rangers ... Joey Gallo?

When Adrian Beltre returns from the disabled list, which could be as soon as Thursday, the Rangers will have to start moving a host of players around. Beltre is going to DH more regularly, which could force Shin-Soo Choo to right field on those days and Nomar Mazara to left. The Rangers would like to regularly keep their bats in the lineup, considering they are the only two players with more than 125 plate appearances who have an OPS above .800.

The third is Ronald Guzman. He has regularly been playing first base, which is Gallo's other strongest defensive position.

The club has discussed the idea of occasionally using Gallo, fourth on the team in OPS, in center to put the most threatening offensive lineup on the field, particularly against right-handed pitchers. Regular center fielder Delino DeShields has hit a long slump, going 13 for 82 (.159) over a 21-game stretch. DeShields is hitting just .193 vs. right-handed pitching. DeShields has also had just one day off since returning from a broken bone in his hand.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now playing center field for the Rangers ... Joey Gallo?

When Adrian Beltre returns from the disabled list, which could be as soon as Thursday, the Rangers will have to start moving a host of players around. Beltre is going to DH more regularly, which could force Shin-Soo Choo to right field on those days and Nomar Mazara to left. The Rangers would like to regularly keep their bats in the lineup, considering they are the only two players with more than 125 plate appearances who have an OPS above .800.

The third is Ronald Guzman. He has regularly been playing first base, which is Gallo's other strongest defensive position.

The club has discussed the idea of occasionally using Gallo, fourth on the team in OPS, in center to put the most threatening offensive lineup on the field, particularly against right-handed pitchers. Regular center fielder Delino DeShields has hit a long slump, going 13 for 82 (.159) over a 21-game stretch. DeShields is hitting just .193 vs. right-handed pitching. DeShields has also had just one day off since returning from a broken bone in his hand.

He has the arm for it. Haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I don't agree with everything with FO does and their moves..... I just give benefit of doubt a bit more frequently.
I know most of the times when I disagree with something they have done you seem to think I am biased against them. You seem to intimate sometimes that I couldn't have a legitimate beef.

Take this time for example. Just about any opinion for or against the FO could have the same thing said about the one stating the opinion that you said. None of us know "for a fact" a lot of things, but you will not say that when anyone says anything positive about the FO. This isn't exactly Dragnet where "just the facts" are all that can be stated.

We can figure things out though. A lot of things we can anyway.

It is pretty evident that they no longer wanted Cruz for whatever reason. I don't think you have to sit in on team meetings to realize that.

I don't mind you being optimistic though. Just realize everyone isn't going to be as optimistic. Disagreements are fine too.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of the times when I disagree with something they have done you seem to think I am biased against them. You seem to intimate sometimes that I couldn't have a legitimate beef.

Take this time for example. Just about any opinion for or against the FO could have the same thing said about the one stating the opinion that you said. None of us know "for a fact" a lot of things, but you will not say that when anyone says anything positive about the FO. This isn't exactly Dragnet where "just the facts" are all that can be stated.

It is pretty evident that they no longer wanted Cruz for whatever reason. I don't think you have to sit in on team meetings to realize that.

I don't mind you being optimistic though. Just realize everyone isn't going to be as optimistic. Disagreements are fine too.

Well. I think they may have had an offer out with Baltimore but likely not Seattle. I usually state opinions but try not to portray as facts the things behind th scenes

Yes I try to be be a bit optimistic. I might shade differently and play devils advocate if our board was looking too much through rose colored glasses. We both have always liked Profar though going back several years

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Beltre is back and Josh Donaldson is still day-to-day! Hmmm.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall we made the qualifying offer to him which is customary for veterans to turn down and that’s the last offer we ever made him.

The wording was disingenuous, to let someone go implies a release or DFA or a trade, that's not the nature of free agency

To not actively pursue a guy in free agency is not the same as letting them go

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Oliver pretty entertaining commentator. Fav on the crew despite not w regular

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't have a problem with this explanation, but to say WE "let him go" as I stated above is disingenuous, HE left after we didn't pursue him to his liking

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo gets the night off, lets see how it plays out going forward... since we basically have to DHs going forward that can play the field some either due to injury or defensive limitations

Will be even more interesting once Elvis is back. Notice that Alberto did not go down. To me this is a signal that IKF will go down to work as a catcher. Hope they do that but maybe it is Odor. Profar can not be sent down

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be even more interesting once Elvis is back. Notice that Alberto did not go down. To me this is a signal that IKF will go down to work as a catcher. Hope they do that but maybe it is Odor. Profar can not be sent down

Trades to be explored as well

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don’t have the balls or brains to send roogie down.

Banny would miss him too much too.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t have the balls or brains to send roogie down.

Banny would miss him too much too.

Not sure why I am responding but if they send Roogue down it is to help him get better. Not as punishment or shaming. Good life lesson Ha

But with Beltre out, they could potentially not send IKF down if he will play some 3rd. Really curious how they will fill this when Elvis comes back

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Delino get back on track