• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young's NFL rookie 4 year contract is for $37,955,071.
Dan Marino's 17 year NFL career earnings were $33,690,000.

I'm going to pass on the Sam Bradford details.
Dan could have bought a lot more in the 90s for his 33 than Bryce can buy today for his 37.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol' Deacon would be flagged on every play in today's watered down pussification of the NFL. Lol
People act like the guy wasn't talented and got by on just the headslap. The guy was looking for an edge and do the same now. You was a freak athletic with tremendous take off speed. He was getting by offensive lineman before they were set.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 seems easy, not sure what #2 impacts. #3 still too gimmicky for me.
#2 is mainly on kicks and punts. If a punt is caught on the receiving team's 10 yard line and returned to the kicking team's 30 yard line but there's an illegal block at midfield, the penalty is assessed from the 10 yard line, (spot of possession change), rather than from where the foul takes place or the play ends. The ball would be place at the receiving team's 5 yard line.

It's an excellent proposal. It's something many have previously argued in favour of for a long time, but it keeps being voted down.

I would prefer #3 to an onside kick, but I can see why people wouldn't. I believe the best solution is removing normal kickoffs and replacing them with an artificial 4th & 20 from where the kickoff is now - because punts are a better restart option than kickoffs for touchbacks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 is mainly on kicks and punts. If a punt is caught on the receiving team's 10 yard line and returned to the kicking team's 30 yard line but there's an illegal block at midfield, the penalty is assessed from the 10 yard line, (spot of possession change), rather than from where the foul takes place or the play ends. The ball would be place at the receiving team's 5 yard line.

It's an excellent proposal. It's something many have previously argued in favour of for a long time, but it keeps being voted down.

I would prefer #3 to an onside kick, but I can see why people wouldn't. I believe the best solution is removing normal kickoffs and replacing them with an artificial 4th & 20 from where the kickoff is now - because punts are a better restart option than kickoffs for touchbacks.

They could just pull back a bit on the kickoff restrictions to allow the original version of onside kicks. Are the rule changes really preventing that many injuries?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could just pull back a bit on the kickoff restrictions to allow the original version of onside kicks. Are the rule changes really preventing that many injuries?
There are alternatives to the alternatives. Personally I don't like onside kicks or the tush push. Both are aesthetically ugly, they're more dangerous than other plays, and they don't depend on skill. They don't promote the NFL. Fans love kickoffs, but we only get to see them in cold and windy weather.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 is stupid...

No, you don't get the ball with 4th and 20... because with how inconsistent DPI and defensive holding are, F that shit. You fucked up the game already, you don't get a free pass from the officials to come back late in the game, I don't care how 'exciting' it makes games. Kick your shitty onside kick that will likely fail and take it on the chin. Don't even get me started on roughing the passer, or unnecessary roughness, etc. etc. No wonder the Eagles submitted it. Then they can have Hurts run and slide at the VERY last minute for a unnecessary roughness flag which will be his signature move along with his butt fuck push.

And we all know how the other proposal (challenge any penalty) will work out. We already did the challenge DPI... and despite when it was CLEARLY incorrect, almost always it was overruled and stood as called. Fuck that. I'd rather see a proposal to challenge a penalty THAT SHOULD BE THERE. Rams would've never won a SuperBowl under McVay if that existed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 is stupid...

No, you don't get the ball with 4th and 20... because with how inconsistent DPI and defensive holding are, F that shit. You fucked up the game already, you don't get a free pass from the officials to come back late in the game, I don't care how 'exciting' it makes games. Kick your shitty onside kick that will likely fail and take it on the chin. Don't even get me started on roughing the passer, or unnecessary roughness, etc. etc. No wonder the Eagles submitted it. Then they can have Hurts run and slide at the VERY last minute for a unnecessary roughness flag which will be his signature move along with his butt fuck push.

And we all know how the other proposal (challenge any penalty) will work out. We already did the challenge DPI... and despite when it was CLEARLY incorrect, almost always it was overruled and stood as called. Fuck that. I'd rather see a proposal to challenge a penalty THAT SHOULD BE THERE. Rams would've never won a SuperBowl under McVay if that existed.

Man, the Rams got free rent in your head today...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is child-beating, angry POS. Way too many in incidents