• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 24, Falcons 31, First loss.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford bailed them out?

With his bonehead pick 6 on his own 5 yardline? And then the bonehead fumbled on his own 6 yardline in the 4th quarter almost cost us the game?

I don't know what some of you are smoking or watching..

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receivers have to catch the damn ball. Neither of the throws you mentioned were tough catches and when right through their hands. Can't blame Bradford on those. I thought he mad a few off target throws early but I can't fault him on the 2 you mentioned. There were some other drops as well. The play calling was also way to consevative ealry. Those weren't checkdowns he was throwing, some of those passes appreard to be the first option.

My Lord. Do any of you ever give some of the blame to Bradford? Do any of you know what a touch pass is? Maybe I could believe that it's the WR's fault... But when it happens to more than 1 WR and you ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME AND SEE #8 THROW A BLAZING FASTBALL FROM 7 ARDS AWAY... DUH.. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get what happen. The ball bounced 20' in there air! lol

And even the announcers saw the underthrown deep balls in the 2nd quarter.. If he leads them a bit more, it's 6!

He's not that good. LMAO Hence why our offense has sucked for years and will continue to struggle.

:wtf2:

Why are so many balls being batted down at the Line of scrimmage?

Do you watch any other teams? Wilson, Kaepernik, Vick, Rivers...?? The GOOD QB's get rid of it fast and makle quick decisions.. The Great ones just flat out get it done no matter what, when, or where. Bradford continues to look like a freakin deer in headlights. :lame:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of a late decision was in the 4th quarter in the red zone... Sam got clobbered and should have went down. He's just 1 step behind a good defense. Deer in head lights. ATL D is not great and they owned him early, until they went prevent later because of a lead and to run clock down.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76... I agree 100% with you on Bradford and his touch... he does not have any!! Just wanted you to know that someone is on your side there!! :suds:

But, on the positive side..after 2 games we are averaging 25 points a game on offense. If we keep doing that, we will win more than we lose. Once the defense get themselves cleaned up, we will be in good shape. Like I said before, we need to bring in a veteran safety and get McCloud off the field. not only will that make the safety play exponentially better, but it will make Finnegan and Jenkins because they will not have to babysit McCloud.
In the end, I counted this as a loss in my prediction of 10-6, so the fact that we lost is not super upsetting to me. It would have been nice to pull it out however.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with SJ76, I haven't been impressed with Bradford from day one! Every year it's the same defense for Bradford, his receivers drop passes, his oline sucks, he's had 42 different offensive coordinators. Bottom line is he has played QB his whole life, he should be able to make the throws other QB's make and he doesn't.
Rodgers gets sacked more than anyone, he still gets it done, so does his oline suck? It must!
Last year Ram receivers were in top 5 with fewest dropped passes, alot of you knuckleheads are only seeing the passes that are dropped, it doesn't happen as much as you think, watch other games, receivers are always dropping passes. As SJ76 says, Bradford has no touch, as far as saying Richardson should have caught that ball, it's not a given he is turning and twisting his body backwards, let alone there was 3 defenders in the area, that play was going nowhere, and the ball should have been thrown away! As far as putting up 350 yards passing, he should when you throw the ball 55 times, actually he should be throwing for 400+ with that many attempts

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Sam has not had alot of time his whole career - I get that. But the short throws seem rushed this year and as a QB, you must have a little touch on those 10 yard or shorter throws. Period. Where is the deception and the confidence to mislead the defense by the QB?

Sure Bradford can pick you apart IF he has time, IF the WR's are wide open... But this is the NFL, where defenses are getting so fast and so good, most QB's don't have that time.

I just don't think he can play at the high speed and against a good defense. He doesn't make reads or decisions fast enough. The NFL is changing and read option QB's seem to be the best defense against a really good defense in the NFL. Granted you need a good RB too, but I think Richardson is ok and I think our OC could call a better game for sure.

The lack of touch, batted balls, and holding the ball too long is just driving me crazy. I almost kicked my dog yesterday because for 3 years this has been happening. And I love my dog. lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU you know me.... I could give a rats ass about stats. And our points do not reflect the outcome. We scored our first TD with 1:50 left in the 3rd quarter.

It is what it is. The Falcons' stood us up and knock us around, then let us score with a prevent D to run our the clock. Hell for awhile we couldn't even score a TD on a prevent D!

On the positive, we look like we might get 2 good draft picks. Hopefully they do it right because a slot guy at 180 lbs wet cannot run the ball for us out of the backfield.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAMS seem to have a history of getting down early and having to make a comeback that either barely wins the game. But most of the time RAMS lose. Bradford loves to really throw INT's for TD's then makes a mad scramble late. That's two weeks in a row of INT'S ran back for TD's. That so called screen pass by Bradford was poorly executed. Bradford didn't let it develop and even if that too hard of a throw would of been caught by the back he would of got blown up. Bradford didn't even look, he just got the ball and threw it to a spot/area in one second. WTF? Bradford had no pressure on him and he got rid of it as if the ball was on fire. I only saw parts of the game on REDZONE but didn't like what I saw. RAMS still have time to get it together. Bradford has to quit making huge mistakes.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill bluntly tell you guys what i saw last night.

The worst running game in the league. Sam had 25 out 69 years. No rushing touchdowns and it took 2 tries to convert a 3rd and 1 and a 4th and 1. We clearly can not rush the ball at all unless its in space. We need a bruising back to get that tough yardage.

The defense sucked along with its coach. How the hell can you expect to win when you apply no pressure to the qb are atleast knock the snot out of their leading receiver you can't signal cover him.
You can blame the front 4 for not getting their fast enough or blame the back end for not being smart in coverage. also no forced turnovers at all.

Assigned from the non existent running game, you have to give credit to the passing team for trying to make it close with 3 passing touchdowns. Back to back games we have scored more touch downs then we have in years. :10:
Bradford finished with 32/55 352 yards 3tds and 1 pick. pretty average for this Sunday with most qbs throwing for around 400 years this week.

three words sums this team up: Young and Unlucky

The pieces are here guys for this team to be good. we just have put everybody in the right place and find those missing pieces that got lost when you dumped the puzzle on the ground to put it together.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Lord. Do any of you ever give some of the blame to Bradford? Do any of you know what a touch pass is? Maybe I could believe that it's the WR's fault... But when it happens to more than 1 WR and you ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME AND SEE #8 THROW A BLAZING FASTBALL FROM 7 ARDS AWAY... DUH.. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get what happen. The ball bounced 20' in there air! lol

And even the announcers saw the underthrown deep balls in the 2nd quarter.. If he leads them a bit more, it's 6!

He's not that good. LMAO Hence why our offense has sucked for years and will continue to struggle.

:wtf2:

Why are so many balls being batted down at the Line of scrimmage?

Do you watch any other teams? Wilson, Kaepernik, Vick, Rivers...?? The GOOD QB's get rid of it fast and makle quick decisions.. The Great ones just flat out get it done no matter what, when, or where. Bradford continues to look like a freakin deer in headlights. :lame:
Yes I do give some of the blame to Sam and I mentioned that in my first post. I thought he missed several throws that he should have made but the two you mentioned were on the receivers not on him. The play calling was also extremely conservative early on and much like the first week, they didn’t open it up until they got behind. The defense was also atrocious, JL and Witherspoon did next to nothing and the DB’s not only gave way too much cushion they also didn’t cover very well. You add the penalties and the dropped passé to the mix and it makes for a loss. See I can be objective and not blame the loss entirely on the QB. Yes I watch the other games and neither Kaepernick or Wilso were very good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford finished with 32/55 352 yards 3tds and 1 pick. pretty average for this Sunday with most qbs throwing for around 400 years this week.

NO offense to the poster... This is the BS that I am so tired of hearing from Rams fans. We scored with 1:50 left in the 3rd! And our D was on the field the entire 1st half because our offense sucked. Sucked so bad we gifted wrapped a laser to D Rich for the ATL D on the pick 6. How many times did we run the ball?

Please to sit here and praise Sam for 3 TD's in mop up work is beyond stupid. We had 3 points with 1:50 left in the 3rd flipping quarter.

Don't get me started. It was weak performance by our offense and our secondary got torched. But out of the gate the only play the Falcons could make work was a screen pass. But our D was in a hole quick and the offense

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I watch the other games and neither Kaepernick or
Wilson were very good.

What you don't seem to not understand is that those 2 defenses are the best in the NFL. No QB did much against the Ravens D or Tampa D back in the day. And yes those 2 defenses are stout. Seattle epsecially at home. Kaepernik carved up a Green Bay defense that RG 3 could figure out..? So go figure.

BUT you still saw those 2 QB's make quick decisions because they had to. San Fran and the Seawaks D were flying around hitting, making plays. At least they have speed and can scramble to get yards or try to make plays. Ole Sam just sits back in the pocket and daydreams I guess. Just holds onto it forever.

You can't just look at the box score and say they didn't have a good game. They were running for their lives and Russell made some sick plays to keep drives going and has so much speed. That guy, with Lynch, and soon Percy harvin are going to be absolutely sick.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't seem to not understand is that those 2 defenses are the best in the NFL. No QB did much against the Ravens D or Tampa D back in the day. And yes those 2 defenses are stout. Seattle epsecially at home. Kaepernik carved up a Green Bay defense that RG 3 could figure out..? So go figure.

BUT you still saw those 2 QB's make quick decisions because they had to. San Fran and the Seawaks D were flying around hitting, making plays. At least they have speed and can scramble to get yards or try to make plays. Ole Sam just sits back in the pocket and daydreams I guess. Just holds onto it forever.

You can't just look at the box score and say they didn't have a good game. They were running for their lives and Russell made some sick plays to keep drives going and has so much speed. That guy, with Lynch, and soon Percy harvin are going to be absolutely sick.

I agree about the defense of the two teams but the QB play was horrible. Even againt those defenses those guys should do a better job than they did. It was ugly.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the defense of the two teams but the QB play was horrible. Even againt those defenses those guys should do a better job than they did. It was ugly.

Again I didn't look at the box score until this morning. I watched much of that game and that formed my opinion of their play from last night.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LTR right on. I watched as well. I was impressed by both D's and the QB's escapability. Lynch was solid.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive, we look like we might get 2 good draft picks. Hopefully they do it right because a slot guy at 180 lbs wet cannot run the ball for us out of the backfield.

I agree 100% there as well. However, I am also 100% sure there is not a RB in the 2014 class worthy of picks in the teens in round 1. My gut tells me that you see OLB and OL in round 1 and hope that Lache Seastrunk, Michael Dyer or James Wilder Jr are there in round 2.
Example: CJ Mosely, Adrian Hubbard or Kyle Van Noy with one 1st rounder, Ha-Ha Clinton Dix or Craig Losten with the second 1st rounder and then one of the RB's in round 2

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some RB's in college that will emerge. Seastrunk, Darrin Reaves from UAB, Drake - the sophomore from Alabama - 3rd stringer is redonk! Devonte Freeman from FSU - another stud sophomore with size and speed. What about trading for Mikel Leshoure in Detroit? Wondering they would take Pead and a 4th/5th rounder for him?

I think at this point we take an RB and I would love Sammy Wadkins, even though we could probably use another O-lineman or a SAFETY!

But there are also some interesting candidates at QB and we all know how certain QB classes can be better than others. The kid from UCLA will not be available until 2015, but he looks really good. Maybe by then we "will know".

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has better RB's than some Pro teams in the NFL. Hell Jameis Winston is better than any QB in Florida, including the Jags, Bucs, and Dolphins. lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After two consecutive wins dating back to the preseason the Rams went into Atlanta as their first road contest. On a day of 7 penalties with 4 consecutive on punt returns by STs, and a slow starting offense, the Rams took a tiny step forward in coming back in the second half in an away environment. There were many positives to this contest even though we came up short. The difference in this game was: A pick six by Sammie early when the offense was completely pathetic, Julio Jones who just killed us, and the defense, especially the secondary that gave up big plays most of the game.

On Offense. The positives. Brian Shottenheimer should use the no-huddle offense in the first quarter not just the fourth because it was the no-huddle that got us back in this game. Sammie finished the day going 32/55, 3TDS and 1 INT to Ryan's 33/43, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Chris Givens had a great day going 5 catches for 105 yads and Tavon Austin started to emerge as a goto guy late. Richardson had a pedestrian day rushing and receiving. Also, the O-line had 0 sacks allowed today with one false start by Wells. This is a very good sign for us. Jake Long has brought a really good mentality and it is showing. Sammie had plenty of time on most throws. Overall, the offense finally came alive and demonstrated that it can finally score more than 1 TD in an away game.

The negatives. That INT Sammie threw on a stupid play called by Shottenheimer that was one of those ridiculous underneaths with three defenders covering Richardson absolutely killed us. It was the difference in the ballgame. Pead made an appearance and really didn't do much and Jared Cook was mostly absent today until late. Quick was nowhere to be found and Pettis had some nice catches late. Fatass Saffold got hurt again and he did not return as Barksdale filled in nicely.

On Defense. The positives. Kudos to Ogletree being the high man with 8 solo tackles and Sims and Quinn for two sacks, one each. Not much else here except a series of stops on Atlanta in the second half that gave our offense the opportunity to get the ball back and score which they did three times but fell short.

The negatives. Fitzgerald torched C. Finnegan last week and Jenkins got his ass kicked by Jones this week. Julio absolutely killed us finishing the day with a whopping 11 catches for 182 yards. Cue SJ76 right about now! Our secondary simply got torched and McCleod was outmatched all day because he reminded all of us of one C. Dahl-well maybe not that bad. C. Long was hurt and the front four got beat on a number of occasions. We simply can't give up the big plays on the road and expect to win.

STs. The positives. Not too much here. Lots of punts by Hekker and Zuerlein had a field goal.
The Negatives. These freakin knuckleheads had four consective blocking-in-the-back or holding penalties that consistently put the offense in the hole. These sorts of mental errors just kill an away team.

Well, we are 1-1 and the offense must get started sooner because the defense is not as staunch as last year with the same scenarios. Onto Dallas and hopefully we will return to winning ways.

My notes on the game.

Coming in I thought the STL front 4 was going to wreck havoc with the Falcon OL...Ryan did get sacked twice and hit a few more times, but overall the ATL OL keep him upright...couple that with playing Jenkins man up on Julio and that was pretty much the game.

IMO Julio is not the best WR in the league, but he might be the physically gifted...he's a beast.

Agree the pick 6 was the difference in this one, but ATL has a tendency to let up once they get a lead and we saw it again yesterday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has better RB's than some Pro teams in the NFL. Hell Jameis Winston is better than any QB in Florida, including the Jags, Bucs, and Dolphins. lol

Ingram...after decent production early, probably won't make the Saints roster next year.

Richardson...decent yr 1, solid RB

Lacy...decent start.

I'll say they're studs while @ Bama.