• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 24, Falcons 31, First loss.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big reason why Bradford is so bad in the red zone over the years. He can't make fast reads. If the receiver is open right away on the play called then Sammie can do it. If not he usually tries to force it in or throws it away. Which is not good. Or he'll look for another target and hardly ever finds one. He just holds the ball too long. Can't pull the trigger. So if everything doesn't go just right on a pass play Bradford usually fails. If he gets pressured it's a bad throw. When he does try to get it out faster it's not accurate. Bottom line Bradford needs more time than most QB's. Sammie needs A pass play to develop, then see it unfold then step into it and then throw a great pass. That's when Sammie is good.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I think where you are going mental is if D Rich actually catches this ball... Where is he going?

And how fast is Sam looking off his downfield WR's, before he dumps it to D Rich?? If anyone is making shit up its you. This play for D Rich and D Rich only? LOL There was no option 2 or 3 or 4?

C'mon man. Let's step back to reality. This was a rushed throw by Sam and he didn't let it develop at all. Not to mention he throws it to a guy going nowhere. LOL

It's like a basketball player throwing the ball to midcourt to his center who can't dribble...

Hey Vita... :hdn: Is the sheep here you or Bradford? You guys are pretty cute.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big reason why Bradford is so bad in the red zone over the years.
He can't make fast reads. If the receiver is open right away on the play called
then Sammie can do it. If not he usually tries to force it in or throws it away.
Which is not good. Or he'll look for another target and hardly ever finds one.
He just holds the ball too long. Can't pull the trigger. So if everything
doesn't go just right on a pass play Bradford usually fails. If he gets
pressured it's a bad throw. When he does try to get it out faster it's not
accurate. Bottom line Bradford needs more time than most QB's.

Amen. Halliluyah. Chili PLEASE talk some sense into these gay lovers of the angel Bradford.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GameDay: St. Louis Rams vs. Atlanta Falcons highlights - NFL Videos

What play are you all watching? LMAO

He clearly looks off his WR's IMMEDIATELY and dumps it to D Rich who should gain 4-8 yards? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? As soon as D Rich has the ball bounce off his hands, he's ON THE GROUND people. Wake the FUCK up. Sammie rushed the play, never even let it develop, and dumped it to a guy that was going nowhere. Stupidest play I have seen from him in sometime.

And no VITA, it was directly a play for D Rich... There are a few options to throw to on every play. We don't have just 1 option to throw to. :L

But you all keep making excuses for the man like he's some kind of golden child. Way to go Sam! Way to finally score a TD at the end of the 3rd quarter versus prevent/half asleep defense.

Pathetic.

Go back and WATCH THE PLAY.
Man Junkie, you are just looking at this all wrong. It was first down and that play is called to have the same effect on the defense as a run off the edge. You hope you can get a few yards and who knows maybe pop one for a decent gain. That look down field is done to freeze the linebackers and safeties, it works much like a play action on a run so there is never an intent to throw the ball down field, just like there is never an intent to hand off the ball on play action.

Of course there are other options but not if you get the match up you want and we did.

D Rich had the ball delivered to him in space (So it's Sam's job to deliver the ball, as the play was called, if he saw we got the type of match-up we wanted. Daryl had one guy to beat to pick up a few yards. The ONLY reason Sam does anything else with that ball on that throw, according to the game plan, is if the play is sniffed out and D Rich is covered but he was not covered at all, he was wide open, just one defender within 3 yards. And as you can see in that huge picture :-)lol:) when the ball is in his hands, the defender's feet are at the line of scrimmage a good 3 to 4 yards away from Richardson.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I think where you are going mental is if D Rich actually catches this ball... Where is he going?

And how fast is Sam looking off his downfield WR's, before he dumps it to D Rich?? If anyone is making shit up its you. This play for D Rich and D Rich only? LOL There was no option 2 or 3 or 4?

C'mon man. Let's step back to reality. This was a rushed throw by Sam and he didn't let it develop at all. Not to mention he throws it to a guy going nowhere. LOL

It's like a basketball player throwing the ball to midcourt to his center who can't dribble...

Hey Vita... :hdn: Is the sheep here you or Bradford? You guys are pretty cute.
Very funny, only fhegs think this way:laugh3:

I gotta tell you junkie, for a dude who's suppose know a lot about football, you don't know shit!

Man it's like explaining chess to a 3 year old. "I said take the Rook out of your mouth before you get a spankie dammit!" :lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Rich was not beating anyone on that play. IT was doomed and Sam had no business even throwing him the ball. If you really think that was the only option on that play, you are delusional.

Bradford has had a check-down mentality under every OC the Rams have had since he was drafted. Blaming the OC is nothing more than a convenient excuse. Schottenheimer isn't the one throwing the football. His plays are designed to have multiple options and I guarantee you that Richardson isn't the first read on any of them. Bradford is the one making the final decision on where the ball is going. The buck stops with him.

Telling me that play was intended for D Rich and D Rich alone, with us having no other option just makes you look silly Vita.
I can't help you or your man love for this guy. I have a feeling Fisher and Bradford will eventually get ran out of STL unless something drastic happens... Like a cloud of light suddenly apears to Sam and he just finally "gets it". :noidea:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post a still of the same image but I don't have a good computer or internet connection to show that frame in that definition. The ball is perfectly placed and the defender's feet are 4 yards away. If Richardson catches the ball he should easily make the 1st defender miss as the defender is already committed to a hit at a particular spot. The worst case scenario should be that the defender makes a glancing blow and Richardson falls forward for a 2 yard loss. The next defender, (Umenyiora), is about 8 yards away and to the outside in zone. It would be difficult for him to make the tackle if Richardson makes an inside cut. The next defender, (#52), is on the hash marks at the 23 yard line. My image is after the ball has bounced off Richardson. He's standing looking for the ball. That's why he's hit. I don't see why any blame is being put on Bradford for this play, but people are entitled to opinions.

Attachments

• Richardson2.jpg
    Richardson2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily make the defender miss.. WOW You guys are a hoot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF what you clearly do not understand apparently is that while D Rich is dropping that ball and it pops up in the air, while the defender is clearly 1.5 yards away... The defender is also running full speed!

He's not paused like your vid. You are cracking me up with this Bullshit with a capital B.

And if you bother to look at the play in hull speed, D Rich is on the ground right after it hits him in the hands.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defender is committed to the hit, (body angle). Any lateral movement and he misses. Richardson has a good burst of speed and some ability to make cuts, unlike power RBs such as Steven Jackson. If he can't make a LB miss in that much space with the ball in his hands and a 4 yard start...:noidea:. He won't beat the 1st defender 100% of the time but the situation was in his favour. Most running plays put the RB in a worse situation than this.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In slow motion I can dig your analysis. But overall, that analysis is just plain stank ole SHIT.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your point of view but disagree with it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Rich was not beating anyone on that play. IT was doomed and Sam had no business even throwing him the ball. If you really think that was the only option on that play, you are delusional.

Bradford has had a check-down mentality under every OC the Rams have had since he was drafted. Blaming the OC is nothing more than a convenient excuse. Schottenheimer isn't the one throwing the football. His plays are designed to have multiple options and I guarantee you that Richardson isn't the first read on any of them. Bradford is the one making the final decision on where the ball is going. The buck stops with him.

Telling me that play was intended for D Rich and D Rich alone, with us having no other option just makes you look silly Vita.
I can't help you or your man love for this guy. I have a feeling Fisher and Bradford will eventually get ran out of STL unless something drastic happens... Like a cloud of light suddenly apears to Sam and he just finally "gets it". :noidea:
There are always caveats, like I'm sure when he looks down field, if he sees a wide open deep route where lets say Givens gets past the DB with no safety help, yes he's suppose to take a shot there. But if it's not there on the quick read, the play is designed to go to D Rich. We don't utilize this type of play and others like it IMO if we have a supporting running game, the problem is, we don't so we need plays like these. And guess what, you run them on first down, just like teams with running games, run the ball on first downs.

On NFL.com Rams team pages, Sam Bradford has talked about this and how Brian has coached him to do so. Go to about the 3 minute mark.

QB Sam Bradford Press Conference

So he is being asked to be more efficient on first downs and check down just like the play in question.

You see, I'm not just making shit up as I go and giving my own opinions at every turn. I watched this video about the time it came out, just after the last preseason game. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed to hear that he was being coached to check down more often but without a running game, getting small chunks of positive yards is what the OC wants and needs.

Last edited by a moderator: