• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raise your hand if you think ND is dogshit even though they went 12-0

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU played one good and now all of a sudden better than ND :lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with half a brain doesn’t think Ohio state is getting in unless Oklahoma or Clemson loses
Talk to your boy ATF that thinks ND should be left out for Oklahoma and Ohio State because they don’t play in a conference but plays a tougher schedule than most P5 teams on a year in and year out basis.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clever, got any more gems of wisdom? When all else fails , resort to profanity and insults, works every time.

Ok, Fuck Notre Dumb AND their fans.
Hows that?.....bitch.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just USC. It was Ball State, Vandy and Pitt too.

They have the chance to prove me wrong, but as it stands now, I'm not impressed. Not really impressed with UGA either. Don't know why people get so defensive when their team gets criticized.

Crap, we finished the season on par with Vandy and Ball State.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame run defense allows 3.7 ypc which is pretty good

We have different definitions of pretty good. Notre Dame allows 3.7 ypc, which is 30th in the country. Clemson allows 2.2, which is by far the best rushing defense in the country. Notre Dame has been gashed by several teams, allowing over 100 yards rushing in 9 games, including allowing more than 250 yards against Wake Forest and 290 yards against Navy. Clemson has shut down pretty much every rushing offense. Only three teams have managed more than 100 yards rushing: Furman, Georgia Tech 145 yards on 55 rushes, and 152 on 51 carries against Wake Forest. On the flip side, offensively, Clemson averages 6.62 ypc, which is second to Oklahoma, and has the 12th overall rushing offense. Notre Dame averages 4.5 ypc and is 50th in the country in rushing offense. I think it's pretty likely that Clemson will shut down Notre Dame's rushing attack, considering they've already done so on 5 teams with better rushing offenses (Georgia Tech, Boston College, Syracuse, Texas A&M, and Wake). Meanwhile, Clemson is by far the best rushing offense Notre Dame will have faced, and Notre Dame has been very vulnerable there.

For passing, neither team is fantastic at passing defense, Notre Dame is at 34 and Clemson is at 35. But Trevor Lawrence is leagues ahead of Book. He has more yards, more passing touchdowns, and less interceptions, and has played in less games. Offensively, as a whole, Clemson has the #3 total offense and #5 scoring offense (and that's counting the Kelly Bryant games, under just Trevor, Clemson is #2 in both (though I do think Bama is better offensively). Defensively, Clemson fell because of the abysmal performance of the secondary against Carolina, but is still #5 in both scoring and total defense. Notre Dame is 27 in total offense, 33 in scoring offense, 22 in total defense, and 11 in scoring defense. Also, Clemson has been Wide-Receiver U since Dabo took over, and while the receivers are very young, especially sophomore Hunter Renfrow, still has a top 5 receiving corps. So both passing defenses are susceptible, but Clemson has a better chance of shutting down Notre Dame's rushing offense and making them one dimensional, has a better quarterback, and a better wide receiving corps.

Finally, yes, Clemson's secondary melted down against South Carolina. But it wasn't really because the secondary is not talented. South Carolina also ran a lot of very odd schemes Clemson wasn't prepared for. Because of that, Clemson played very sloppy, lined up in the wrong positions, and forgot a lot of fundamentals. This combined with Jake Bentley, who statistically is a much better quarterback than Book, playing the game of his life. Notre Dame is also a more conservative offense than Carolina. Venables was absolutely livid and embarrassed, and if he has a month to prepare for Notre Dame, I wouldn't expect the secondary to play that sloppy (they do have to get past Pittsburgh first).

TLDR: Clemson rolls.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Vandy is going to a bowl game.... so did you really?

:dash:
They’ll make more money sitting at home watching the bowl games instead of spending millions on some meaningless shit bowl game.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ll make more money sitting at home watching the bowl games instead of spending millions on some meaningless shit bowl game.

Chill out, my man. Spend an hour contemplating your Captain Underboob's avy and put a smile on your face. I know she would mine. :hippie:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill out, my man. Spend an hour contemplating your Captain Underboob's avy and put a smile on your face. I know she would mine. :hippie:
I’m actually pretty relaxed for being at work. Bumpy cake. Just explaining that going to the Meinike bowl against some G5 school does nothing for the program but spend millions of dollars.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have different definitions of pretty good. Notre Dame allows 3.7 ypc, which is 30th in the country. Clemson allows 2.2, which is by far the best rushing defense in the country.

Never said it was better than Clemson.....

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say it was their fault? OP cited that ND’s SoS was not very good. I stated that it’s not their fault that most of the top teams they were expected to play had off years. You didn’t do an Oregon schedule. There was an attempt for a top tier schedule but the other teams didn’t hold up their end. Reread what a wrote and stop trying to play the victim.
Read my response to #244 in post #276

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what ONLY ONE team had done this year placed them head and shoulders above the rest of the field, should we just award the national championship trophy to them without further games? Why should they play another team that was so distantly behind them?
Because even in the dark days of Bowl bids being determined with two or three games eft on the schedule, teams still had to play a bowl game.

Except for Alabama in 1973. In that case, they claim the UPI natty that was determined before the bowl season even began, saving themselves the embarrassment of having their loss to AP champion Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.

So I guess that's the answer to your question right there!

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just here to say that Notre Dame hasn't beaten Ohio State since FDR's first term in office. If they played this year, ND would get their shit pushed in like they always do.
I have posted this earlier but will do so again. Look at the winning % of OSU opponents and that of ND.
Here is an interesting Statistic, Record of the ND, Alabama, Ohio State and Oklahoma opponents:
Notre Dame, 75- 67 (Va. Tech and Stanford each have 1 game to play.) 52.80 % No FCS
Alabama, 73-69 (The Citadel only plays 10 Games) 51.40 % 1 FCS
Ohio State 67-77 46.52% No FCS
Oklahoma 72-69 (Army 1 game left, WVU and Iowa St. only 11 games) 51.06% no FCS
So much for ND's weak schedule. However, hats off to Georgia
Georgia 83 -59 ( So. Carolina Austin Peay only 11 Games) 58.45 1 FCS

So if NDs schedule was so bad that "they didn't play anybody", what does that say about OSUs . And in fact everybody's save for Georgia. I will have to check on Clemson.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's opponents had a 57.14 winning %
Take out the FCS Team (Furman at 6-4) and the % drops to 56.92%, second only to Georgia.

So for all the tOSU fans, the toughest schedules in order: Georgia, Clemson, ND , Alabama, Oklahoma, tOSU.
Alabama , Georgia and Clemson all had an FCS on their schedule but even taking those games out of the calculation the rankings would still be the same.

So after the Conference playoffs, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and ND will have played 12 FBS teams
and Oklahoma and tOSU will have played 13. ND will be the only team to have played 10 Power 5 Teams.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is definitely better than Notre Dame. They always are. I'm not sure that means tOSU should be in the playoffs, and like I've stated I don't want them to be.

For the record, I took a shit this morning that would beat a half-witted fuck like you at checkers. Probably would even beat you worse than tOSU would beat ND if they played this Saturday, which would be BAD.

Four times, dipshit.

What I know is that every time I've watched that shit program of yours try to take on tOSU, they've lost by two touchdowns or more. I can't help that it's a small sample size because you kiddie-diddlin' priest creeps prefer to schedule cupcakes like UoM.

Must have struck a nerve, keep telling yourself you don't think Ohio State should get in over Notre Dame. Your sense of humour doesn't fool anyone.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one team keeping us out? Dumbass, all 4 teams that would make it over us would be keeping us out.

yes but If Notre Dame were out of the equation Georgia likely loses leaving who ahead of both Oklahoma and Ohio State? UCF or LSU I doubt they get in over either Ohio State or Oklahoma. No Notre Dame in the way means both those teams would get in with a Georgia loss dipshit.