• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quicken Loans Race for Heros 500

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fuck ya'll.

I'm drunk, and I don't want to hear any of your shit.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference, BK and Gordon were going after a title.... when has Hamlin ever been in that situation???

You asked when was the last time Hamlin was in a position to win a title. I gave you what you asked.

So basicly you're saying No Hamlin has never been in that situation.
Because in 2010 all Hamlin had to do was finish 2 positions behind Johnson and he would of won the title. So if he would of finished 4th he would be champion. Gordon and Keslowski needed the win, Keslowski more so than Gordon. But in no way shape or form did Hamlin have to win the race at Homestead.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how unwritten laws are handled?

I'm sure Brad will get his payback, no denying that, this is about the ridiculous thought of some race etiquette bullshit and how what Brad did 'no other racecar driver would ever consider doing'

Plain and simple it was good ole fashioned racing, nothing more nothing less. Is brad a dick for how he acts towards other drivers..... hell yes he is, doesn't make what he did in those circumstances wrong though.

I believe I covered that with this.... no doubt they will pay him back, but he still did what he had to do, bottom line. If he pissed Gordon off, yea well. Did he handle the post race BS with Gordon wrong, without a doubt, but shit happens and so does Gordon.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I covered that with this.... no doubt they will pay him back, but he still did what he had to do, bottom line. If he pissed Gordon off, yea well. Did he handle the post race BS with Gordon wrong, without a doubt, but shit happens and so does Gordon.

So which is it? There are unwritten laws about driver etiquette or there isn't? If there aren't unwritten rules, then why should brad expect anything in return?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it? There are unwritten laws about driver etiquette or there isn't? If there aren't unwritten rules, then why should brad expect anything in return?

Sure there are unwritten rules, but those rules aren't worth the paper they are printed on when your season is on the line with 2 laps to go.

Your talking about a track full of ego maniacs, and with a chance to win a race, the gentlemans agreement dont mean shit. Like I have said before, if you have a chance to win and now a chance to keep your championship hunt alive, that agreement means as much as someone telling you they would push you to the win at the Daytona 500.

They have no bearing in such a situation.
If you had the chance to win a race and keep your championship hopes alive, but in order to do so you would have to trade paint with lets say Dale Earnhardt.... you know you'd do it, any true racer would.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR is now sticking your nose where it doesn't belong and crashing a rookie on the last corner of the last lap because you don't have enough skill to race.

I also love that a driver who hasn't finished higher than third place this season and another driver that missed a fucking race even have a chance at a 'title'.

Dead Earnhardt fans and Harvick fans will stoop to any level to defend the embarrassing state of NASCAR these days.

You'e new to racing, aren't you?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there are unwritten rules, but those rules aren't worth the paper they are printed on when your season is on the line with 2 laps to go.

Your talking about a track full of ego maniacs, and with a chance to win a race, the gentlemans agreement dont mean shit. Like I have said before, if you have a chance to win and now a chance to keep your championship hunt alive, that agreement means as much as someone telling you they would push you to the win at the Daytona 500.

They have no bearing in such a situation.
If you had the chance to win a race and keep your championship hopes alive, but in order to do so you would have to trade paint with lets say Dale Earnhardt.... you know you'd do it, any true racer would.

Those unwritten laws will have plenty of bearing on the situation going into the future when he can't catch a break among other drivers and finds himself incapable of being in the same situation again as a result.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those unwritten laws will have plenty of bearing on the situation going into the future when he can't catch a break among other drivers and finds himself incapable of being in the same situation again as a result.

images

His payback has nothing to do with this whole conversation..... I wouldn't give 2 shits if they stripped him down and tar and feather him

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

His payback has nothing to do with this whole conversation..... I wouldn't give 2 shits if they stripped him down and tar and feather him

It has everything to do with it. Sure he can get away with it for that race, but there are consequences in the long run.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the consequences were, he got the spot, finished higher than Gordon. So on that day and with that balls to the wall move, he was the better driver that day!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the consequences were, he got the spot, finished higher than Gordon. So on that day and with that balls to the wall move, he was the better driver that day!!!

That's great logic, for people who are 16 years old and can't see the real consequences of their actions beyond the immediate future.

At any rate, any dumb ass can make that move in racing. Divebombing someone is the opposite of being a skilled driver.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great logic, for people who are 16 years old and can't see the real consequences of their actions beyond the immediate future.

At any rate, any dumb ass can make that move in racing. Divebombing someone is the opposite of being a skilled driver.

Yea he really dive bombed him when he had to move up the track to get outside of JJ and inside of Gordon. He had fresher tires, momentum going into the corner, and with the help of Gordon he had the position. Yea that's right position! His car was along side of Gordon, because as Gordon moved down they hit door to door, Gordon happened to cut a tire.

You can state your gentleman's agreement, unwritten rules, and etiquette all you wish, fact of the matter is he had to make the move to increase his chances of making the next stage of the chase..... A move you can bet will be made by others if at all possible because this is what nascar was hoping to achieve with this chase format. For you to say that any dumb ass can make that move, well then the bigger dumb ass being Gordon should of known to prevent that move. He put his car between, not into one of the cars, BETWEEN two cars. Gordon was the one who came down into his car, can't react you say.... maybe the old broken down rainbow boy wonder should park his car then.

Former Champs, present drivers, former crew chiefs, present crew chiefs, and BK's owner agree he had to make the move, and agree it was a good move providing the situation.... I dont know and dont care how the V-Champs of racing do it, Brad did it and made it work.

I simply say agree to disagree.... Code or not when in a situation of do or die there is no unwritten laws, you do what you need to to survive!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which present drivers? Present drivers don't like or respect brad because of moves like that. The other people you mention are Nascar stooges.

As for the etiquette - it is enforced by other drivers, and if you can't handle someone pointing out the line has been crossed then I don't know what to tell you.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which present drivers? Present drivers don't like or respect brad because of moves like that. The other people you mention are Nascar stooges.

As for the etiquette - it is enforced by other drivers, and if you can't handle someone pointing out the line has been crossed then I don't know what to tell you.

I can handle anything you can dish, so really aint a thing you can tell me. I was just trying to be respectful and say just call it agree to disagree....

But as i said etiquette and whatever other bullshit you can dig up dont mean shit in that situation. And who gives a damn, respect dont pay the bills!!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Keselowski got the last laugh. He beat Gordon for the Best of the Rest title taking the 5th place spot in the championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle anything you can dish, so really aint a thing you can tell me. I was just trying to be respectful and say just call it agree to disagree....

But as i said etiquette and whatever other bullshit you can dig up dont mean shit in that situation. And who gives a damn, respect dont pay the bills!!!

That respect will pay the bills in the long run. But that's a lesson young drivers have to learn over and over. It's nothing new, and neither are the excuses they give for their actions.