• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Qatar Airways, Qatar Grand Prix, LuSail International Circuit, Doha, Qatar, October 06-08, 2023

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sainz had fuel system issues.
Yeah, it was speculated that hitting the curbs too hard in the sprint ruptured something in the fuel delivery system.

So, two drivers actually fainted after the race. Two more went to the care center with dehydration and Ocon threw up on himself during the race. Logan Sargeant had the sense to retire his car before he passed out. FIA's repsonse:

Teams need to police this extreme heat themselves.

Please stop racing in deserts.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the F-1 website, there was a news blip about Sainz refusing to drive Ferrari's something technical. I can't seem to find the article on the site. I'll look for it when I have time but LeClerc didn't do much either in this race. The story of this race, other than Verstappen's coronation, was the rise of Team McLaren with Piastri and Norris. These guys are legit but they haven't learned yet how to get along. Could be seeing more of these guys on the Podium going forward.
Well to be fair.
McLaren isnt wrecking each other
Looks over at @Hank Kingsley
Image result for I didnt do it dog gif

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was speculated that hitting the curbs too hard in the sprint ruptured something in the fuel delivery system.

So, two drivers actually fainted after the race. Two more went to the care center with dehydration and Ocon threw up on himself during the race. Logan Sargeant had the sense to retire his car before he passed out. FIA's repsonse:

Teams need to police this extreme heat themselves.

Please stop racing in deserts.
A lot of people dont understand how serious heat & dehydration is to the body. It can literally kill a person.
It has happened to football players in the past.
Race car drivers have many times gotten out of their cars & passed out. Whether in major racing or local.
When we raced we always made sure our driver was drinking (water & electrolytes) throughout the day & eating bananas.
Puking is a major concern.

With all that said. I dont think the teams get to decide on the venue in F-1. Do they?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what is was. The Schmoopster comes through again!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair.
McLaren isnt wrecking each other
Looks over at @Hank Kingsley
Image result for I didnt do it dog gif

On that one I put it on Hamilton, but I still think Russell could have done better himself. He should have known Hamilton would be trying to make hay on his soft tires. The likely hood of Russell beating Verstappen out of that corner was minimal but he was still thinking 3 wide was a good thing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now The FIA is revisiting the already heavy penalties they put on Hamilton for his walking across the track.

Apparently he is a role model and as such should be treated differently.

Unlike Max who walked on the track after he climbed the back of Hamilton in Monza in 2021.

Clowns.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Hank. Damn F-1 with it's duplicity come off looking like a bunch of ass clowns

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what am I missing?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClaren has added 18-year old Bianca Bustamante to their developmental driving crew. Don't know if that addition is productive in the bigger picture but we shall see. Outside of Drag Racing's Angelle Sampey, Erica Enders, and Tony Stewart's wife Leah Pruett, I am not sure a significant investment in Bianca is going to result in moving the needle for McClaren. I mean, what did Danica Patrick do for racing? Haley Deegan is doing little in NASCAR. So maybe this move is just being stylish??!!