• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quicken Loans Race for Heros 500

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamlin said the consensus among his peers was Keselowski didn’t have enough space to attempt to pass Gordon in the closing laps of Sunday’s race.

If he didn't have enough space, then how the hell did he get the whole car right next to gordon before gordon washed down into him??????????

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should Gordon be worried about a hole that didn't actually exist?

And I would hardly call pinching a guy an old Earnhardt move. Everyone does that.

So then why wasn't gordon doing it????

And again if the hole didn't excist, how was Brad's entire car next to gordon's????

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamlin said the consensus among his peers was Keselowski didn’t have enough space to attempt to pass Gordon in the closing laps of Sunday’s race.

If he didn't have enough space, then how the hell did he get the whole car right next to gordon before gordon washed down into him??????????

Because he was on the inside line(shorter) before shoving his car in there. The only way he wouldn't be that far up on Gordon was if Gordon was even with Johnson, or if Brad was in the line behind Gordon.

Maybe you should go ask all those "online racers" in the garage the same question.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Denny Hamlin is the best driver to quote.

And I don't think his word compares to the words of you know 3 former champions, two of which are enshrined in the HOF.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every one of those drivers would of, given the chance, put their car in there to with what was at stake for them!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Denny Hamlin is the best driver to quote.

So, attack the messenger?

He himself has had to deal with the same thing. I'd say he's an excellent source on the subject. As I stated previously - new drivers coming in being aggressive at the expense of others isn't a new thing, any fool can wreck another driver for a spot and say crap like they want to win. It's just not going to go very far with other drivers and in the end these drivers all learn their lessons.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Denny Hamlin wouldn't have went for the hole. He wasn't coming off a 30th place finish at Martinsville and had no reason to be aggressive.

A driver that wasn't involved words don't really mean anything unless they find themselves in a similar situation, which they likely will if this Chase format lasts much longer. Tones can change real fast.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, attack the messenger?

He himself has had to deal with the same thing. I'd say he's an excellent source on the subject. As I stated previously - new drivers coming in being aggressive at the expense of others isn't a new thing, any fool can wreck another driver for a spot and say crap like they want to win. It's just not going to go very far with other drivers and in the end these drivers all learn their lessons.

Big difference, BK and Gordon were going after a title.... when has Hamlin ever been in that situation???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't think his word compares to the words of you know 3 former champions, two of which are enshrined in the HOF.

The last people I would ever listen to on a subject like this are former drivers on the Nascar tit.

It's funny how when a current driver mentions that the majority of drivers actually racing in the garage felt a certain way, it's now all about former drivers who work for Nascar and will say about anything to promote Nascar.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano are lined up on the first row in a GWC next week and Hamlin is in position, I'll bet my hard earned dollar that Hamlin will fill the same hole if it is presented to him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, 3 former champions, 2 former championship crew chiefs and another excellent crew chief all back Keselowski's move.

I'll take their word over an online racer.

All of them said, they both knew what was at stake, there was a hole and with BK having fresher tires and momentum he had to make the move and go for the win.... Jarret went onto say that if anyone with a pulse says they wouldn't of done it, is just striaght up lying!!!!

I hope you two realize that NASCAR polices what's said. They "encourage" people to talk up how its just racing, etc etc to show off how great the Chase is with drivers going at it. The "heavily discourage" any negative talk, drivers being reckless because The Chase, etc. Get "discouraged" enough and suddenly your NASCAR track pass is revoked or you have to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops.

Kesolowski's move was dirty and reckless. Period. If you support that kind of thing, you don't support real racing.

Newman's move, the more I look at it, the more I think I'm wrong. He's a lot closer than I originally thought and didn't cut the corner as bad as I thought either. He should have made the pass cleaner than he did but at least they smashed doors coming out going down the straight. Larson at least knows he's there. That's totally different from what the #2 did, diving in on a blind spot on corner entry.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you two realize that NASCAR polices what's said. They "encourage" people to talk up how its just racing, etc etc to show off how great the Chase is with drivers going at it. The "heavily discourage" any negative talk, drivers being reckless because The Chase, etc. Get "discouraged" enough and suddenly your NASCAR track pass is revoked or you have to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops.

Kesolowski's move was dirty and reckless. Period. If you support that kind of thing, you don't support real racing.

Newman's move, the more I look at it, the more I think I'm wrong. He's a lot closer than I originally thought and didn't cut the corner as bad as I thought either. He should have made the pass cleaner than he did but at least they smashed doors coming out going down the straight. Larson at least knows he's there. That's totally different from what the #2 did, diving in on a blind spot on corner entry.

We heard Ricky Craven's opinion too. He, like Rusty Wallace works for ESPN. The two disagreed. Wallace's opinion trumps Cravens. DW and Jarrett also backed Rusty.

With what was at stake, an opening is an opening.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he in a must win situation yesterday? Nope. All he needed to do was finish in the top 12 to clinch a spot.

1st , 12th, wreck another guy and make it easier. Opportunities are always there. :noidea:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference, BK and Gordon were going after a title.... when has Hamlin ever been in that situation???

Hamlin was leading the points going into final race at Homestead in 2010, only to get involved in a wreck.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano are lined up on the first row in a GWC next week and Hamlin is in position, I'll bet my hard earned dollar that Hamlin will fill the same hole if it is presented to him.

Nothing for this? Because you know it's true?