• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Thoughts from Sundays Game

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love reading other people's trade suggestions. Have you seen moreland's numbers this year? If he were available, and that's a big if, he would definitely require more than a bullpen piece. Texas really isn't hurting in the bullpen if you haven't noticed.

All that said, I would love another world series matchup with you guys. Best of luck and see you at the WS.

You mean the atrocious R/L splits, and horrible K/BB ratios?

OH, you meant the stats where he platoons against RH pitching! Cause that's the only thing he can hit.

I'm not going to presume to be the end all know all to his worth, but if we're underestimating, then you're over estimating it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the atrocious R/L splits, and horrible K/BB ratios?

OH, you meant the stats where he platoons against RH pitching! Cause that's the only thing he can hit.

I'm not going to presume to be the end all know all to his worth, but if we're underestimating, then you're over estimating it.

Oh believe me. I'm not saying he's a total stud. He's definitely got his holes. That said he's actually improved his game greatly in the last few weeks. I'm not saying he would bring a haul, but he would have to bring more than a bullpen piece. Especially with as solid as our bullpen is already.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh believe me. I'm not saying he's a total stud. He's definitely got his holes. That said he's actually improved his game greatly in the last few weeks. I'm not saying he would bring a haul, but he would have to bring more than a bullpen piece. Especially with as solid as our bullpen is already.

I'm not talking some bullpen piece like RUnzler. I am talking about one that high K guy projects as a Closer. I'm not sure what you think Moreland is worth

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Belt for Moreland. If Belt turns it around he has a higher potential then Moreland. I'd like to get Moreland but if he would cost us Panik, Brown (even though I don't trust him nearly as much), Belt, Hembree I wouldn't want Moreland

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I's pass on Moreland. L/R splits are horrible. And his "away" splits suck balls too. Once you adjust him to AT&T, he's not a major league quality first-baseman.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Travis Ishikawa has quietly put up an OPS+ of 119 with the Brewers? Thanks to a .968 OPS at home this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I's pass on Moreland. L/R splits are horrible. And his "away" splits suck balls too. Once you adjust him to AT&T, he's not a major league quality first-baseman.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Travis Ishikawa has quietly put up an OPS+ of 119 with the Brewers? Thanks to a .968 OPS at home this year.

Hindsight is 20/20, and Belt's story isn't done being written, but it's getting more likely that we will come to regret not having Travis as our starting 1B.

:mmph:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20, and Belt's story isn't done being written, but it's getting more likely that we will come to regret not having Travis as our starting 1B.

:mmph:

Oh no you di'nt...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you convince a GM of ball-park adjusted trade value? Too many SSSs.