• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Thoughts from Sundays Game

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright so this was the first game I attended of the year. I will skip how painful it was to watch just want to share 2 of my opinions
1.) Sandoval is way to fat and piss poor defense at 3B. Take him out of the lineup for a week MINIMUM and just have him run/work out and get that weight down. This is simply inexcusable
2.) There are no issues with Lincecums velocity. He hit 93 several times which will be the new standard for him, he is no longer the 96+ guy. Lincecum has no command or confidence right now. Giants are 2-11 when he starts and I am willing to let him start for his homecoming Saturday @ Seattle, but after that I want to skip his spot in the rotation. He needs to take time off to shorten his delivery, gain his confidence back. Find the strike zone. That said, I don't think we see the same Lincecum until August

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this exact weekend outcome coming when I was begging for a win Thursday. It was pretty clear Zito and Tim were going to lose their games. Kudos for not getting destroyed, they didn't lose as much as the offense shit the bed both games, our first shutouts of the year.

Pablo is fat as hell but we need every stick we can horn in the lineup especially with Cabrera's sore hammy. He's not going anywhere. I hope they are on him now to stop eating.

It's been OBVIOUS all year what Timmy is trying to do this year. He's doing it in real games and that's all well and good, it's still only 61 games in. I don't know why the minors is such a bad idea for him to get his skillset down with his new stuff. But the guys in charge know a lot more than I do so whatevs.

I'm pretty sure we'll win our 90-91 games with this team. The problem remains LA. They are for real, not missing a beat without Kemp like we didn't without Panda. Their rotation is as good as ours. Their lineup is believe it or not better. Sometimes random dudes like Ellis, Hairston have career years (like Huff 2010), you pick up a bat like Abreu and your team kicks ass. They've outscored us and given up fewer runs.

No production from 1B is killing us. I hope they get a bat in July.

Lot of season left, dogfight to the end with LA. Fun season ahead. I said May 31 we gotta be within 3 of LA at the end of this month, still very doable. Gotta take 2 when we play them.

Last edited by a moderator:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this exact weekend outcome coming when I was begging for a win Thursday. It was pretty clear Zito and Tim were going to lose their games. Kudos for not getting destroyed, they didn't lose as much as the offense shit the bed both games, our first shutouts of the year.

Pablo is fat as hell but we need every stick we can horn in the lineup especially with Cabrera's sore hammy. He's not going anywhere. I hope they are on him now to stop eating.

It's been OBVIOUS all year what Timmy is trying to do this year. He's doing it in real games and that's all well and good, it's still only 61 games in. I don't know why the minors is such a bad idea for him to get his skillset down with his new stuff. But the guys in charge know a lot more than I do so whatevs.

I'm pretty sure we'll win our 90-91 games with this team. The problem remains LA. They are for real, not missing a beat without Kemp like we didn't without Panda. Their rotation is as good as ours. Their lineup is believe it or not better. Sometimes random dudes like Ellis, Hairston have career years (like Huff 2010), you pick up a bat like Abreu and your team kicks ass. They've outscored us and given up fewer runs.

Lot of season left, dogfight to the end with LA. Fun season ahead. I said May 31 we gotta be within 3 of LA at the end of this month, still very doable. Gotta take 2 when we play them.

if Melky can come back healthy Tuesday. I'd like to see Pablo out for the next several games (maybe have him DH in Seattle series). When he isn't playing he needs to be running and getting that weight off

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Melky can come back healthy Tuesday. I'd like to see Pablo out for the next several games (maybe have him DH in Seattle series). When he isn't playing he needs to be running and getting that weight off

It's just not going to happen, GPC. We've been waiting over a month for him to add something to the lineup, we're not going to sit him. DHing is probably right though, although I could see them letting Melky DH a bit too.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright so this was the first game I attended of the year. I will skip how painful it was to watch just want to share 2 of my opinions
1.) Sandoval is way to fat and piss poor defense at 3B. Take him out of the lineup for a week MINIMUM and just have him run/work out and get that weight down. This is simply inexcusable
2.) There are no issues with Lincecums velocity. He hit 93 several times which will be the new standard for him, he is no longer the 96+ guy. Lincecum has no command or confidence right now. Giants are 2-11 when he starts and I am willing to let him start for his homecoming Saturday @ Seattle, but after that I want to skip his spot in the rotation. He needs to take time off to shorten his delivery, gain his confidence back. Find the strike zone. That said, I don't think we see the same Lincecum until August

Which means they are 32-16 when he doesn't start = the best winning percentage in MLB so far.

inconceivable-1.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means they are 32-16 when he doesn't start = the best winning percentage in MLB so far.

inconceivable-1.jpg

Yeah but take everyone's worst starter out and their remaining record looks pretty good too...just sayin

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other possible DH: Posey

Why aren't we trying to get Hector's bat in the lineup more? Put Posey on 1B with every lefty we face perhaps?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And guess who's back on track? AZ winners of 5 in a row. Probably a 3 way fight for the division...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but take everyone's worst starter out and their remaining record looks pretty good too...just sayin

True enough, but everyone's worst starter hasn't won 2 Cy Youngs, and was up for a rumored $25 mill/year for 5-7 years.

Put another way, if we were 11-2 in TL's starts instead of 2-11, we would be 43-18. No one would complain about the hitters then.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other possible DH: Posey

Why aren't we trying to get Hector's bat in the lineup more? Put Posey on 1B with every lefty we face perhaps?

I agree with this. I'm sure Hector will get in there with the DH, but Belt just isn't producing anything at all at this point. He can take a walk sure but he can't buy a hit and he is displaying none power. Eventually i am somewhat confident he will pan out, but right now he is useless, 7 for his last 46 and it doesn't get much better looking back either.

I am kinda secretly hoping that double Huff flexed on indicates he's found some sort of something and maybe he can sneak a few more ABs and see what happens. It would be huge if he could return somewhat to form maybe .700-.750 ops, hell even his 2011 form would better than what we're getting from 1B now.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not going to happen, GPC. We've been waiting over a month for him to add something to the lineup, we're not going to sit him. DHing is probably right though, although I could see them letting Melky DH a bit too.

And fuck that anyway I don't want to see Arias at the plate again if I don't have to. I'll take the lovable fatboy's offensive power to go with any amont of floundering in the field over the nothing that Arias brings.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'd like to see them look at Kelly Johnson, Mitch Moreland, Gabby Sanchez, Jed Lowrie... and thats all I can think.

Obviously I prefer Lowrie, because he offers equivalent D, and WAY BETTER pop than what Crawford could ever hope to bring to the table. Johnson means Riot loses his starting gig, and he's the lesser of two evils in our MI.

I'm all for giving Belt the ABs he needs, but if he still isn't producing come July, then bye bye for him. We cannot continue to have a black hole at one of the easiest positions to fill on the diamond. Sanchez/Moreland are the same thing, decent 5/6 hitters who shouldn't cost what the Red Sox will want for an aging Youk.

Middle of the order bats are nice, but given the price to pay for a RENTAL (we know that all too well after last year) I NEVER wan't to see that again.

Imo, Crick, Blackburn, Joseph, Hembree, and Panik should be our only 'hands off' guys. Everyone else should be fair game if the return helps us for 2-3 years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them look at Kelly Johnson, Mitch Moreland, Gabby Sanchez, Jed Lowrie... and thats all I can think.

Obviously I prefer Lowrie, because he offers equivalent D, and WAY BETTER pop than what Crawford could ever hope to bring to the table. Johnson means Riot loses his starting gig, and he's the lesser of two evils in our MI.

I'm all for giving Belt the ABs he needs, but if he still isn't producing come July, then bye bye for him. We cannot continue to have a black hole at one of the easiest positions to fill on the diamond. Sanchez/Moreland are the same thing, decent 5/6 hitters who shouldn't cost what the Red Sox will want for an aging Youk.

Middle of the order bats are nice, but given the price to pay for a RENTAL (we know that all too well after last year) I NEVER wan't to see that again.

Imo, Crick, Blackburn, Joseph, Hembree, and Panik should be our only 'hands off' guys. Everyone else should be fair game if the return helps us for 2-3 years.

Would you be willing to deal Belt or Crawford + other prospects for those guys? I assume so since we're talking about replacing them.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True enough, but everyone's worst starter hasn't won 2 Cy Youngs, and was up for a rumored $25 mill/year for 5-7 years.

Put another way, if we were 11-2 in TL's starts instead of 2-11, we would be 43-18. No one would complain about the hitters then.

Or, alternately, a single-time cy young winner with a seven-year 126M guaranteed contract.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Moreland would cost us a Brandon Belt. Maybe a bullpen Spect. I mean Texas only uses him as a platoon guy

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you be willing to deal Belt or Crawford + other prospects for those guys? I assume so since we're talking about replacing them.

I would, but only for the right deal. Crawford is a fan favorite, but lets be honest with ourselves here, he's never going to be 'good'. If him being included in a deal is what it would take, then I'm all for it.

Sanchez and one of Lowrie/Johnson. Plug those numbers into our line up, and things are much better imo. Never seen Lowrie hit for power outside of this year, but we've all seen Johnson and Sanchez punish some balls in AT&T.

Going out and trying to get star power like we did last year with Tron aint the way to do it. We just need to add productivity to our line up. HELL, I'd be down with trying to sign Derek Lee and seeing if we could get him up after the AS break.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, but only for the right deal. Crawford is a fan favorite, but lets be honest with ourselves here, he's never going to be 'good'. If him being included in a deal is what it would take, then I'm all for it.

Sanchez and one of Lowrie/Johnson. Plug those numbers into our line up, and things are much better imo. Never seen Lowrie hit for power outside of this year, but we've all seen Johnson and Sanchez punish some balls in AT&T.

Going out and trying to get star power like we did last year with Tron aint the way to do it. We just need to add productivity to our line up. HELL, I'd be down with trying to sign Derek Lee and seeing if we could get him up after the AS break.

msg "likes" this.

Rep.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I live in NY I was following yesterday's game on MLB Gameday .... they showed one interesting stat about Timmy (or I thought it was) ... for the first 48 pitches Timmy is holding the opoposition to about a .135 average (not sure about walks though) after that it starts climbing rapidly ... to a tune of about .285 ... that seems to tie in to the 4th and 5th inning issues that he seems to be having recently. They actually posted that stat before Texas has scored a run. Can't imagine what actually changes at about this time in many of his games. What seems to be happening to Timmy reminds me a lot of an early Mets pitcher John Matlack (or something like that). He be lights out until something broke his concentration. Some thing like an error or a missed call seemed to just 'affect' him. You could almost see him lose concentration and emotionally implode on the mound. I've never seen Timmy during these stints but some people here say he looks 'defeated' when things start to unravel. Just sayin .....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I live in NY I was following yesterday's game on MLB Gameday .... they showed one interesting stat about Timmy (or I thought it was) ... for the first 48 pitches Timmy is holding the opoposition to about a .135 average (not sure about walks though) after that it starts climbing rapidly ... to a tune of about .285 ... that seems to tie in to the 4th and 5th inning issues that he seems to be having recently. They actually posted that stat before Texas has scored a run. Can't imagine what actually changes at about this time in many of his games. What seems to be happening to Timmy reminds me a lot of an early Mets pitcher John Matlack (or something like that). He be lights out until something broke his concentration. Some thing like an error or a missed call seemed to just 'affect' him. You could almost see him lose concentration and emotionally implode on the mound. I've never seen Timmy during these stints but some people here say he looks 'defeated' when things start to unravel. Just sayin .....

ESPN's highlight of the game showed when Kinsler hit that 2 run double in the 4th, Timmy looked completely defeated, Mindy Cohn commenting (paraphrasing) 'he looks like he's confused as to what's happened to him'. The body language definitely sucks right now but he's not far from being ok IMO. Interestingly after that hit he didn't give up any more runs that inning so it wasn't a 'meltdown'. He was just ineffective. But even if he pitched a 1 run game we were going to lose yesterday, our offense was offensive.

When I say not far from being OK I mean he can turn into a 4.00ish ERA pitcher the rest of the year. Ladies and gents, your 5th starter Tim Lincecum!

Some great ones have bad years. He's entitled, I guess, but it's not helpful for our goals.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading other people's trade suggestions. Have you seen moreland's numbers this year? If he were available, and that's a big if, he would definitely require more than a bullpen piece. Texas really isn't hurting in the bullpen if you haven't noticed.

All that said, I would love another world series matchup with you guys. Best of luck and see you at the WS.