• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game Thread: 2016-17 Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. Stop with your homerism.

You constantly sell up JR Smith as the best 3-pointer in the league, so critical to the Cavs, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

JR Smith is a middle-tier SG that should've got around what Jamaal Crawford's getting (who happens to be 36 and is a bench player). Hell, Joe Johnson got a nice contract for someone who fell off the map around the playoffs.

The Cavs have no other options at signing a SG of JR Smith's caliber. Lebron and Rich Paul fucked JR Smith out of his money.

If I'm JR, I drop Klutch and sign with a new agent then go to Boston. JR's already got his ring.
what does that have to do with the market for his services?

again- why would you pay a substantial amount more than the team that is closest to you in bidding would pay?

why would you go to Boston for 9M a year when Cleveland has already offered you more per year? lol

dude....i mean--- im speechless. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You constantly sell up JR Smith as the best 3-pointer in the league, so critical to the Cavs, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

JR Smith is a middle-tier SG that should've got around what Jamaal Crawford's getting (who happens to be 36 and is a bench player). Hell, Joe Johnson got a nice contract for someone who fell off the map around the playoffs.

The Cavs have no other options at signing a SG of JR Smith's caliber. Lebron and Rich Paul fucked JR Smith out of his money.

If I'm JR, I drop Klutch and sign with a new agent then go to Boston. JR's already got his ring.

again- why would you pay a substantial amount more than the team that is closest to you in bidding would pay?

why would you go to Boston for 9M a year when Cleveland has already offered you more per year? lol

dude....i mean--- im speechless. lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again, I'm not faulting the Cavs on this one. If JR signs with them, they got him on a bargain.....again. Another simple concept you're just not grasping...shocker.

But the market was there for him, teams just didn't bother because they figured (like we all did) that he was just going to sign with the Cavs.

His agent (Rich Paul) dropped the ball on him as JR figured Lebron could get him his money like TT. Problem here - Lebron signed his contract already and doesn't have an opt out for another 2 years.

I'm not going into this with you anymore. I see those homer glasses are stuck on your mug again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I'm not faulting the Cavs on this one. If JR signs with them, they got him on a bargain.....again. Another simple concept you're just not grasping...shocker.

But the market was there for him, teams just didn't bother because they figured (like we all did) that he was just going to sign with the Cavs.

His agent (Rich Paul) dropped the ball on him as JR figured Lebron could get him his money like TT. Problem here - Lebron signed his contract already and doesn't have an opt out for another 2 years.

I'm not going into this with you anymore. I see those homer glasses are stuck on your mug again.
i just have no clue what you are even talking about here.

why would the Cavs give him substantially more money than any other team is offering?

i mean think about it

2 years ago the Knicks were trying to get away from paying Jr Smith 6 million for 1 year

last year the Cavs signed JR to a 1 year 5M dollar deal beause he couldnt get the deal he wanted

now they are supposed to guarantee him tens of millions of dollars more than the next closest bidder? LOL

common sense....cmon.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

4ed6c8db-9981-4eaa-9d66-50bb446f0fc4.jpg
:L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just have no clue what you are even talking about here.

why would the Cavs give him substantially more money than any other team is offering?

i mean think about it

2 years ago the Knicks were trying to get away from paying Jr Smith 6 million for 1 year

last year the Cavs signed JR to a 1 year 5M dollar deal beause he couldnt get the deal he wanted

now they are supposed to guarantee him tens of millions of dollars more than the next closest bidder? LOL

common sense....cmon.

1) You constantly pointed out about the huge cap coming and how contracts were going to be thrown out that would look bad and how the Cavs were lucky to sign their players when they did. Having said that, you contradict yourself with using the previous numbers as statistical proof. And once again, I don't blame the Cavs here because they now have the bargaining power.....or do I need to dumb this down further. You're within a kunt hair of me throwing out insults that leave you oh so triggered.

2) Having said that. Do everyone on this forum a favor and stop using the term "Gilbert's willing to outspend anyone he wants". Because we've seen him balk on TT's contract negotiations last year. And now we have another stale mate with your starting 2-guard. @TurnUpTheHeat is going to have to help me out here, but there was a key free agent in play about a year ago that Cleveland could've went after, but decided not to.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Cavs are smart for what they are doing, in general....but there was no market last season when Tristan was in the same spot. He just knew....

The common denominator is Klutch/James.

J.R. fully expected to get the same type of result, or what was his benefit in hiring Klutch?

I know its prob not happening, but as Heatles pointed out, it would be awesome if J.R. said 'fuck you' to all involved and moved on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are smart for what they are doing, in general....but there was no market last season when Tristan was in the same spot. He just knew....

The common denominator is Klutch/James.

J.R. fully expected to get the same type of result, or what was his benefit in hiring Klutch?

I know its prob not happening, but as Heatles pointed out, it would be awesome if J.R. said 'fuck you' to all involved and moved on.

That would be a huge fuck you to Lebron. Who would the Cavs place in the starting line up to fill his spot? Sure you could put Shumpert, but then where's your bench?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a huge fuck you to Lebron. Who would the Cavs place in the starting line up to fill his spot? Sure you could put Shumpert, but then where's your bench?

Dunleavy could take his spot.

But, he'd get smoked by the quicker 2 guards.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunleavy could take his spot.

But, he'd get smoked by the quicker 2 guards.

I forgot all about Dunleavy. But yeah, he's not a starting 2-guard anymore (was he really), but he's valuable off the bench. Real valuable.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy sells JR Smith more than anyone during the regular season. During the offseason, JR Smith's a scrub who doesn't deserve any of the money that some of these free agents are getting. You can't make this shit up.

Look it's a smart move on the Cavs. This points to how shitty of an agent Rich Paul is, or rather how he's not your typical agent as he's being driven with an agenda. And this all debunks that whole "Gilbert's willing to outspend everyone" theory blah blah blah blah.

He has him in the top 10 of shooting guards.

But, he wants him to take Mo Harkless money...lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing. Lebron loves fucking with people's money. Had Wade essentially opt out of the remaining $42 million from his 6-year deal to sign a 2-year $31 deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot all about Dunleavy. But yeah, he's not a starting 2-guard anymore (was he really), but he's valuable off the bench. Real valuable.
Yeah, that was a underappreciated pick up.

But, only if they keep that starting 5 intact.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has him in the top 10 of shooting guards.

But, he wants him to take Mo Harkless money...lol

The boy's a hypocrite. Particularly when he keeps telling people to not compare contracts to what players are now signing this offseason, then uses previous contract amounts to validate why JR shouldn't be making more than $10 mil per. When you talk so much shit, people remember it. And when you talk as much as Wiggy does, you talk yourself in circles where shit comes back at you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richardson (if he has anything left), Dunleavy and Shumpert are great off the bench. You lose JR though, that bench isn't looking so hot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bulls just tossed Dunleavy to Cleveland to sign Wade lol. Still cracks me up