• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the Top 10 P5 Teams of the Decade

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson- Still have Dabo, still pulling in top classes, still in the ACC
2. Ohio State- They've been really good for as long as I can remember, see nothing that will change that
3. Georgia- Pulling in top classes, and I'm excited for the future and the modernization of our offense
4. LSU- Might take a step back next season, but I expect them to be a force going forward now that they see what they're capable of with an offense
5. Oklahoma- They're the favorites to win the Big 12 every season
6. Oregon- As it stands now, hard to see anyone topping them in the Pac. USC sticking with Helton has set them back at least a few years.
7. Alabama- If it's the next 5 years, they'd be 2 on my list, but Saban is getting old and will retire, and it's unrealistic to think the replacement will match Saban's success
8. Penn State- hate em, but they’re a perennial top 10 team.
9. Notre Dame- Seems to always be solid
10. Texas- First part of the decade might be rough, but they have to turn it around sometime right?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson- Still have Dabo, still pulling in top classes, still in the ACC
2. Ohio State- They've been really good for as long as I can remember, see nothing that will change that
3. Georgia- Pulling in top classes, and I'm excited for the future and the modernization of our offense
4. LSU- Might take a step back next season, but I expect them to be a force going forward now that they see what they're capable of with an offense
5. Oklahoma- They're the favorites to win the Big 12 every season
6. Oregon- As it stands now, hard to see anyone topping them in the Pac. USC sticking with Helton has set them back at least a few years.
7. Alabama- If it's the next 5 years, they'd be 2 on my list, but Saban is getting old and will retire, and it's unrealistic to think the replacement will match Saban's success
8. Penn State- hate em, but they’re a perennial top 10 team.
9. Notre Dame- Seems to always be solid
10. Texas- First part of the decade might be rough, but they have to turn it around sometime right?
What if when Saban retires, they can lure Dabo home?

Also, ND is pretty bold. They haven't been top 10 in any decade since the 70s.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had several discussions recently about how cyclical college football is, and how there's turnover every decade as dominant teams fall and lower tier teams rise. Not necessarily in order, who do you think are the top 10 teams of this decade?

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oregon
Georgia
Florida
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Florida State

Minnesota??

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if when Saban retires, they can lure Dabo home?

Also, ND is pretty bold. They haven't been top 10 in any decade since the 70s.
I’d be shocked if Dabo left Clemson. He has it made there, and has a much easier path to the playoffs every year. Even when all ACC teams are at their ceiling, Florida State is the only one they have to worry about

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had several discussions recently about how cyclical college football is, and how there's turnover every decade as dominant teams fall and lower tier teams rise. Not necessarily in order, who do you think are the top 10 teams of this decade?

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oregon
Georgia
Florida
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Florida State
You forgot Washington and UCF.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what you, a LOSER in some sports thread thinks about academics you brain dead MORON. You are not who UMn or ANY cfb program is trying to recruit, DUH.

Winter does NOT last 8 months in Minnesota, are you that mentally fucking retarded, holy sh1t dude. WOW. I've worked into December some seasons, before the snow comes. Then it's all melting in March. That's 4 months. SOMETIMES it might go 5 months.

Dude, I mean, but keep on advertising what an ignoramous you are.

And Texas has to share it's recruits with

TCU
SMU
TT
TexA&M
Houston
Oklahoma
UTEP
UTSA
Baylor
Rice
LSU
Ark
NMSU

I've missed many I am sure. That is just off the top of my head.

You are a brain dead blithering retard Fred. NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ACADEMIAON THIS BOARD. The sooner you wake up from your delusional state, the better everyone is you fucking imbecile.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never been to Minnesota. But anyone with half brain can see winter or what most people believe to be winter is more than 5 freakin months in Minnesota. My experiences in Wisconsin was quite telling though. I was there in June about 10 years ago and I could you not at night it got down to 34 degrees, in FUCKING JUNE. So stop trying to act like Minnesota only has 4 months of cold weather. But please keep showing how much of a jackass you are.

There are 3 schools on that list that Texas legitimately has to contend with. Considering the amount of prospects, that’s way better than what Minnesota has.

Stop being a complete jackass.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a brain dead blithering retard Fred. NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ACADEMIAON THIS BOARD. The sooner you wake up from your delusional state, the better everyone is you fucking imbecile.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never been to Minnesota. But anyone with half brain can see winter or what most people believe to be winter is more than 5 freakin months in Minnesota. My experiences in Wisconsin was quite telling though. I was there in June about 10 years ago and I could you not at night it got down to 34 degrees, in FUCKING JUNE. So stop trying to act like Minnesota only has 4 months of cold weather. But please keep showing how much of a jackass you are.

There are 3 schools on that list that Texas legitimately has to contend with. Considering the amount of prospects, that’s way better than what Minnesota has.

Stop being a complete jackass.
7 months of the year average under 40 for the overnight low.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones that definitely should be there:

1. Ohio St. - loaded & ready to roll - and should remain that way for quite some time.
2. Clemson - even in a bad year, should dominate ACC.
3. Alabama - even as he nears his 70's, Saban shows no signs of slowing down. And should he retire toward the end of the decade, it would taken a flat-out awful coaching hire for things to drop off enough that the Tide isn't among the decade's best.

These should be there, too, barring some unforeseen circumstances:

4. Oregon - the new King of the West.
5. Penn St. - they manage to hang in there as long as they keep being the 2nd best team in the Big 10 (on average).
6. Georgia - good coaching, great recruiting. How well Florida & Tennessee keep pace will determine a lot of the Bulldogs' fortunes.
T-7. Oklahoma - the only real contender in the Big 12.
T-7. Florida - just a step or two behind Gawga, but with the potential to catch up.

Very good likelihood:

9. Minnesota - if P.J. Fleck stays there & continues to build on the foundation he's established.
10. Florida St. - I think they have made the hire that can get that program turned around & possibly challenge Clemson a few years down the road.

Schools that could make a run at the top:

a) LSU - has to prove it can stay at or near the top after losing great talent & the offensive coaches that made it all work.
b) Wisconsin - always salting along, never quite reaching the pinnacle.
c) Central Florida - there's always a G-5 program in the mix somewhere - the Golden Knights seem to be the most consistent at the moment.
d) Texas - showing some ability to hang tough with good teams, but still very inconsistent.
e) Texas A&M - if Jimbo Fisher can ever get them to the point that they can consistently challenge Alabama, LSU & Auburn on an annual basis.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 months of the year average under 40 for the overnight low.

OVERNIGHT.

That is the key word. People SLEEP OVERNIGHT, duh.

And like the others said, what are you a pussy or something? lol And pleased that you can admit that you are.

Nothing like a cool brisk morning to inspire a person to get moving in the morning, to warm up. Get more done before the majority of people even show up for work. I often clock in for work between 5-6 am and absolutely do more by 9 am than 75% of the rest of the country will do in an entire day. ANYTHING over 32 degrees is nice weather in my opinion and am usually down to just a t-shirt by 7 am. But for all the rest of the world, who doesn't leave the house until 7:30-8:30 to get to work or school, the sun is out by then and things are warming up.

So NO, winter lasts no more than 4-5 months a year in Minnesota.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, speaking of academic rankings, show me a ranking that has Texas lower than Minnesota academically...

Nostradumbass indeed.

You're only supposed to drink the Kool Aid, not bathe in it.

https://mup.umass.edu/sites/default...rican-research-universities-annual-report.pdf

I did not look up each of the last 20 years, as I have better things to do with my time, but I was interested enough to check 5 years.

2000 - UMn #8 --- Texas #14 (Public U Ranking)*

2005 - UMn #15 --- Texas #22

2010 - UMn #14 --- Texas #15

2014 - UMn #22 --- Texas #24

2019 - UMn #16 --- Texas #21

The 2000 rankings did not do an overall ranking, and separated the public and private, the other 4 were the overall ranking, private and public combined.

UMn was #8, #11, #6 & #7 in public only rankings in 05, 10, 14 & 19.
Texas was #9, #15, #8 & #13 in public only rankings in 05, 10, 14, 19.

So there you go. The ARWU national and global rankings also have UMn ranked ahead of Texas, 27th nationally for UMn to 28th for Texas, 41st Globally for UMn and 45th for Texas.

And UMn ranks 24th in the world in Nobel winners associated with it, and Texas ranks 64th. UMn has 30 total Nobel winners associated with it, Texas has/had only 12.

30 > 12.

That includes UMn producing 10 Nobel prize winning alums to just 4 for Texas.

From the 2009-2010 school year to the 2017-2018 school year, only twice has Texas had more students than Minnesota. I'll give UT credit, the same credit I give UMn, both schools are among just 5 schools in the nation to have at least 50,000 students every year since 2009-10. And both UMn and UT have very stable and consistent class sizes, never going below 50,000, and not going above 52,000.

UMn employs more staff/faculty than UT, and has at least a 20% larger budget. 3.1 Bil for UT to 3.8 UMn.

UT is a Flagship University & is a Space Grant University.

UMn is a Flagship University & is a Space Grant University & is a Land Grant University as well.

UMn's GSR is 94%. UMn's Fb program's GSR is 91%

Texas' GSR is 88%. Texas' FB program's GSR is 76%.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, you are too much. Who do you think is choosing New Mexico State over UT.

There was 1 4 star and 16 3 stars in the state of Minnesota this cycle, and Iowa State and ND State got as many of the Minnesota top 20 as Minnesota did. The 20th best recruit in Minnesota is a 2-star. Do you know how deep you have to go to get to a 2 star in Texas? The 35th best recruit in Minnesota is a 1 star. Do you know how man 1-star or better recruits are in the state of Texas? Probably more than play football in Minnesota.

Your not advertising your ignorance...you are the fucking Vegas Strip of ignorance.

And yet UMn outperformed both Texas and Texas A&M and TCU and Baylor, etc., on the field, did they not? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is where Wisconsin was in '94. After years of getting owned by everyone, Wisconsin hired Alvarez in '90. It took him 4 years to win the conference. Then another 4 years to get to the Top 10 again. It isn't easy. If PJ is as good a freddead thinks he is, he stay 10-15 years, gets named AD and hires good coaching from there on out. It took Wisconsin 30 years to make a list of potential Top 10 teams fir the next decade. Minny has a lot of work to do.

Anything Wisconsin needs 30 years to do, UMn can do in 5. :)