• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the Top 10 P5 Teams of the Decade

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Newman is going to destroy the SEC with that defense helping him

Like I said, every year it is the same prediction....

I've been hearing it for years and years.

1980.....the last time Georgia Football lived up to the hype.

40 years of "Georgia is the team to beat"...and every year that is what happens...they get their ass beat!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah....you keep posting this same stupid nonsense.

LSU recruits pretty good talent year after year. Burrow was good. He's not the only one who can throw a football.

LSU hasn't been know for stellar QB play huh...

Was Matt Flynn a "stellar" OB?

He seemed to be stallar enough to lead the Tigers in a smashing defeat of your team....

Yeah I don't get not having LSU either. Even if you take away their two best years(2011 and 2019) from this past decade, they still were top 10 in P5 winning percentage. Burrow got them over the Bama hump, but they were great before last season for most the decade.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State
SEC Team averaging 3.1 GPA
Big 12 is fodder except Oklahoma
New P5 team
insert mediocre Pac 12 Team
Clemson & the crew
Nick Saban coaching any team
Fuck Ohio State
North Dakota State idc what y'all say
Michigan still sucks.
@fredsdeadfriend's other account^^^. Where is the 3rd though?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot will change in 10 years with California passing the bill to get paid for your name. I know Emmert is asking for Congress' help? Some states are looking to pass similar legislation. Half of me wants the NCAA to get blown up, and the players go into the XFL or something.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly way too paranoid lmao.
It is nice to see that someone else was like me before though.
tenor.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah....you keep posting this same stupid nonsense.

LSU recruits pretty good talent year after year. Burrow was good. He's not the only one who can throw a football.

LSU hasn't been know for stellar QB play huh...

Was Matt Flynn a "stellar" OB?

He seemed to be stallar enough to lead the Tigers in a smashing defeat of your team....

lol are you really bringing up a game from 13 seasons ago to support your claim? From the most mediocre season of college football this century by a mile? Kansas had #1 votes to end that year, dude. You're not making the point you thought you were, unless you're saying that's the type of season that needs to happen for LSU to win their next national title.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't get not having LSU either. Even if you take away their two best years(2011 and 2019) from this past decade, they still were top 10 in P5 winning percentage. Burrow got them over the Bama hump, but they were great before last season for most the decade.
It's based more on the fact that I'm not sold on Orgeron. He had a phenomenal year, but I think it's fair to say it had more to do with Brady and Burrow than it did with Orgeron. In 8 years of being a head coach, this was only his second year with double digit wins. It's a different era in terms of QB talent, and other than 2019, LSU has been abysmal passing the football recently. I already said that if they can manage to keep up the momentum that Brady and Burrow brought last year that will change everything, so we'll see what happens.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that's happened. if you're old enough to remember, USC was basically garbage all throughout the 1990's, save for that one season in 1995 where they came out of nowhere to win the rose bowl against another team that came out of nowhere, northwestern.

I’m old enough to remember it. If memory serves I believe Keyshawn went off in that game. Northwestern’s tailback was a kid from where I live now. Darnell Autry. Dude was a stud.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot will change in 10 years with California passing the bill to get paid for your name. I know Emmert is asking for Congress' help? Some states are looking to pass similar legislation. Half of me wants the NCAA to get blown up, and the players go into the XFL or something.
Good point. Forgot USC and the rest of California are getting ban in a few years

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's based more on the fact that I'm not sold on Orgeron. He had a phenomenal year, but I think it's fair to say it had more to do with Brady and Burrow than it did with Orgeron. In 8 years of being a head coach, this was only his second year with double digit wins. It's a different era in terms of QB talent, and other than 2019, LSU has been abysmal passing the football recently. I already said that if they can manage to keep up the momentum that Brady and Burrow brought last year that will change everything, so we'll see what happens.

Okay, but even taking out this past year, if you want to pin all the success on Burrow/Brady, Orgeron still has a top 10 P5 winning percentage since being at LSU.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but even taking out this past year, if you want to pin all the success on Burrow/Brady, Orgeron still has a top 10 P5 winning percentage since being at LSU.
That's fine. If he goes back to not having a QB like Burrow and trying to win games with a one-dimensional offense and non-existent passing game, I don't think he's going to have them in the top 10 of teams overall.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. If he goes back to not having a QB like Burrow and trying to win games with a one-dimensional offense and non-existent passing game, I don't think he's going to have them in the top 10 of teams overall.

Fair enough. I'd say that's more bold than including Minnesota in the top 10, but going out on a little bit of a limb is fine with me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I'd say that's more bold than including Minnesota in the top 10, but going out on a little bit of a limb is fine with me.
That's why I said Minnesota is my wildcard, come out of nowhere team. I really like what Fleck is doing and I think he can keep it going.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said Minnesota is my wildcard, come out of nowhere team. I really like what Fleck is doing and I think he can keep it going.

Yeah that's fair as well. Who knows his much longer Ferentz will be at Iowa. Will Nebraska ever turn it around? Will Brohm stay at Purdue? There are alot of question marks in that division moving forward. If those things above don't pan out, I can see them contending with Wisconsin for the division most years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's fair as well. Who knows his much longer Ferentz will be at Iowa. Will Nebraska ever turn it around? Will Brohm stay at Purdue? There are alot of question marks in that division moving forward. If those things above don't pan out, I can see them contending with Wisconsin for the division most years.
Agreed. I don't have much faith in Nebraska any time soon. I think Frost might be in a bit over his head. If Ferentz can make it to the end of the decade he'll be in his mid-70s, which I also don't see happening. I'd love to see Brohm turn Purdue around and get them back on track but I feel like the first season he's able to win 7-8 games, he's probably gonna get some major dollars thrown his way.

Another thing with Minnesota is they don't have a very daunting OOC for this decade. Their hardest opponent is arguably going to be North Carolina. They have a couple of years with no OOC P5, as well as 3 FCS teams (so far).

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing with Minnesota is they don't have a very daunting OOC for this decade. Their hardest opponent is arguably going to be North Carolina. They have a couple of years with no OOC P5, as well as 3 FCS teams (so far).

Yeah, Minnesota's OOC this decade is pure trash.