• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country has been in existence for 240 years. There hasn’t been a draft in 50 years. I am with you on mandatory service.

Who is talking around the point? I am explaining it to you. I am all for armed military forces on the southern border and shooting anybody who crosses illegally. Let’s do it. I am all for invading Mexico and Columbia and destroying the cartels...let’s do it.

BTW: I'm against armed military forces at the border, it's lazy and gives rise to more failure by so-called elected leaders in this country. It also supports the illogical notion that there's a way to stop or slow the importation of drugs into the country. Keep in mind that the problem doesn't lie with drugs coming in, but the demand for them.

A word about free marketing and libertarianism is in order here. While there's clearly a great demand for drug use, legal and illegal, along with the libertarian insistence of "free will," legalize them all and let both market forces and a hands off approach take its natural course must be the position, right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok since we don’t want a wall, what are your solutions to illegal immigration ?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, individual freedom generally ends where those in charge get uncomfortable. Which is where you start making laws to live life the way YOU assume everyone else should.

Cases in point. A Gay person should not have to sue for the right to marry who they want, and be able to leave their possessions to the person they chose to be with.

You are fine with a woman having ALMOST equal rights, well until it comes to her own reproduction. Then it requires a man (usually white christian) to tell her that she in fact has no choice.

Dude, you can't blame men for being pro-life. Unless you are a science denier, science has proven that unborn babies are NOT a part of the mothers body. And there are a lot of women who believe that modern feminism is the worst thing that has ever happened to women and all humankind.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, individual freedom generally ends where those in charge get uncomfortable. Which is where you start making laws to live life the way YOU assume everyone else should.

Cases in point. A Gay person should not have to sue for the right to marry who they want, and be able to leave their possessions to the person they chose to be with.

You are fine with a woman having ALMOST equal rights, well until it comes to her own reproduction. Then it requires a man (usually white christian) to tell her that she in fact has no choice.

Dude, you can't blame men for being pro-life. Unless you are a science denier, science has proven that unborn babies are NOT a part of the mothers body. And there are a lot of women who believe that modern feminism is the worst thing that has ever happened to women and all humankind.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me the wall e verify and end chin migration and i'll grant amnesty to everyone here , with no citizenship until 2nd generation

Well since you insist on playing this out, I'll take that deal and here's how we'll pay for that wall. Yep, you get all 2000 or so miles and whatever height you desire but there will be no patrols, no guards, no electronic surveillances, no drones, nothing, except that farkin' wall! To hell with ownership rights, we invoke eminent domain, somehow redirect the Rio Grande and begin the debate about building a wall around the rest of the country. You know, just in case some of these travelers get the smart assed idea that a 2,000 mile wall has an end on both sides and try to go around it. Deal!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm actually pretty knowledgeable in the field, and you're simply picking and choosing a few creative talking points that simply have no merit. Let me destroy your assertions with one question. Ready? Are the woman's follicles ( eggs) a part of her body? Specifically, her reproductive system.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah dude... lets do it. Because there wont be any accidental mistaken deportations. No one will be accused of being an illegal by their neighbor who just dont like non-American looking people. Because that never happens. Economy be damned. We are America, we will recover and be stronger for it.

Who is asking for mass deportations?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since you insist on playing this out, I'll take that deal and here's how we'll pay for that wall. Yep, you get all 2000 or so miles and whatever height you desire but there will be no patrols, no guards, no electronic surveillances, no drones, nothing, except that farkin' wall! To hell with ownership rights, we invoke eminent domain, somehow redirect the Rio Grande and begin the debate about building a wall around the rest of the country. You know, just in case some of these travelers get the smart assed idea that a 2,000 mile wall has an end on both sides and try to go around it. Deal!!
How is that ?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty knowledgeable in the field, and you're simply picking and choosing a few creative talking points that simply have no merit. Let me destroy your assertions with one question. Ready? Are the woman's follicles ( eggs) a part of her body?

A woman's eggs are a part of her body, and the sperm are a part of the man's body, until he ejaculates them into her, and if one of them fertilizes the egg, then it ceases to be a part of her body, just as the sperm is no longer a part of his body.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, the divide between Left and Right is too wide and will NEVER be healed.

Only solution is separation. Hopefully some genius comes up with a way to do it peacefully, but I fear it will happen via war and bloodshed, which would be unfortunate, especially for the losers.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it gentlemen, the entire abortion thing is about control, borne out of fear, some BS made up religious propaganda, and inadequacies that have nothing to do with females. BTW: I'm on the side that insists that Roe was not properly decided. Want an explanation?...Ask!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it gentlemen, the entire abortion thing is about control, borne out of fear, some BS made up religious propaganda, and inadequacies that have nothing to do with females. BTW: I'm on the side that insists that Roe was not properly decided. Want an explanation?...Ask!

I saw a video the other day, a woman was telling about her experience with an organization that targets Abortion Clinic workers, and in just the 2 years she's been with the organization, the organization has convinced/helped over 500, FIVE HUNDRED, to quit, and they claim to have brought 21 clinics to close.

I know someone personally, a relative, that was lied to by Abortion Clinic workers. She's not happy about it and has suffered long term negative affects from what ended up being a very traumatic experience.

And what "BS made up religious propaganda" would you be talking about?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my view on abortion is no govt funding . , you can sin if you want in a free country but you and i both know what abortion is

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A woman's eggs are a part of her body, and the sperm are a part of the man's body, until he ejaculates them into her, and if one of them fertilizes the egg, then it ceases to be a part of her body, just as the sperm is no longer a part of his body.

So your reasoning is one that insists that once it leaves the body it no loner belongs to that male, correct? Also once the follicle is germinated it no longer belongs to the female, correct? Then using YOUR logic, since it doesn't belong to either, don't they have a right to remove themselves of property not belonging to themselves?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a video the other day, a woman was telling about her experience with an organization that targets Abortion Clinic workers, and in just the 2 years she's been with the organization, the organization has convinced/helped over 500, FIVE HUNDRED, to quit, and they claim to have brought 21 clinics to close.

I know someone personally, a relative, that was lied to by Abortion Clinic workers. She's not happy about it and has suffered long term negative affects from what ended up being a very traumatic experience.

And what "BS made up religious propaganda" would you be talking about?

1. Such the "American" thing to do huh? Sad! especially if there are Libertarians reading this.

2. Self inflicted

3. You do know that religion is simply man's attempt to understand that which we currently cannot fathom, right? Religion puts a human face and twist on something that exists universally. At best, it's primitive in both concept and continued construct and carries no weight other than as a means to slow development or create strife.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my view on abortion is no govt funding . , you can sin if you want in a free country but you and i both know what abortion is

When exactly, did you give up your citizenship?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont blame you for being pro life. I have just noticed that alot of pro lifers are also anti birth control in any fashion other than abstinence. They also tend to share a belief that a woman does not have the right to say no to her husband. I generally dont see my wife as property, but as a partner. And while she has never had an abortion, I dont believe its right to force someone to have a child that they either cant or wont take care of or want. And its twice as wrong to decide a woman has to have a child, but then also say that the society that deemed she has no choice once its concieved, also has no responsibility for the child once its here. Also kind of strange that most pro-lifers are also pro death penalty and some are even pro execution for those trying to enter the country if they dont do it the exact way they want.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is asking for mass deportations?

Look around dude, there are plenty who call for a wall and then deportation of ALL who entered the country illegally. Hell even the President has said it once or twice, he wants more deportation judges. Not immigration Judges. He wants judges on the bench who will deny as many assyluum cases as possible.

Words have context. And i dont think that was a slip of the tongue on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.