• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a swing. Because people HAVE tried to kill Presidents.
People HAVE sent bombs to democratic representatives.

As for the fence around the back yard, mainly its there to keep my dogs in, not so much my neighbors out.

Its false equivalence to assume that you need to stop or limit most immigrants because some may have bad intent. And it shows hypocrisy to say that we should be afraid every immigrant is a potential threat, but most gun owners are not.
Aliens. not immigrants. Migrating invaders.

And as for hypocrisy, how many illegals you housing?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born here. I do have a job. And Trump isnt my main issue. The asshole down the street that has a penchant for telling my kids they should go back to Mexico is my issue. Trump is a symptom of the real problem.

And for te record, neither I or my Kids are of "Mexican" heritage.

Hey, there are idiots of every race, creed, gender, nationality, religion, political party, etc..

Sorry you have to endure your children being exposed to such an idiot. I'd volunteer to go talk to the idiot for you if I lived nearby.

And you are right that Trump is a symptom of the real problem, but are you sure you know what the "real problem" is?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???

Dude, that is a bunch of bs.

1st of all, YES, no matter where you were born, if you were born in America and become a terrorist, YES you should be "cut out". It's called Prison!!!

Same with pedophiles and white collar criminals.

All the rest of what you said is just ridiculous

I think that someone missed the point, so, just for you, where do you draw the line? So far, the decision maker(s) have attempted to cut out the really bad stuff that people do, once that process begins, I hope that you know that it has no end other than total destruction. Maybe you don't realize this, so ask yourself who gets to make those decisions and once those original decisions are agreed upon, how do these decision makers sustain themselves, if that's their job/responsibility?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, there are idiots of every race, creed, gender, nationality, religion, political party, etc..

Sorry you have to endure your children being exposed to such an idiot. I'd volunteer to go talk to the idiot for you if I lived nearby.

And you are right that Trump is a symptom of the real problem, but are you sure you know what the "real problem" is?

Some how I get the feeling my view of the real problem, and yours would differ.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... its not OK at all. But I also look at the reality that we did NOT have a problem with illegals until some one decided to make crossing the border a legal issue for dubious reasons. I also look at the fact that when you make someones existence illegal, and some of them turn to crime, you have to really ask yourself what did you expect?? Most of these people ARE coming here to try and make a beter life for themselves. And if they could do things like, work and pay taxes legally, I do believe MOST would. Because the fact is, even of the illegals, the number that commit crimes (aside from being here illegally) is marginal, and far less than actual Americans commit.

Name me a country on the planet that doesn't have borders and immigration policies???

You open borders people show yourselves to be SO NAIVE

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catholic student who was part of the MAGA-hat wearing crowd claims vet bullied THEM | Daily Mail Online

Having watched the entire unedited video - It backs up the students claims 100%.

I truly can't recall a more shameful case of media misrepresentation in my life.

These kids lives could be ruined based on provable falsehoods, but does that matter to the media/online mob? Nope.

Bad weekend for the ever Truthful MSM

Guess they will learn what its like to be accused of something based on nothing more than appearance. My heart bleeds for them.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I get the feeling my view of the real problem, and yours would differ.

Our solutions will probably differ, but most of the time people agree on what problems are.

So fess up, what do you think is the "real problem"???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have, but didn’t the lifeblood also join willingly, knowing full well they may be going around the world?

You aren’t a “shithole” because of a physical threat. You are a “shithole” when you lack the amenities of the first world. “Shithole” is a descriptor to Americans who are over indulged and spoiled. Some countries are “shitholes,” Venezuela, by the choices they make. The wall would be about the rule of law and sovereignty. Scaling a wall or digging a hole takes time. The longer it takes, the more time border security has to find and stop you.

Hell no! until more recent times there was a draft, and for a whole lot of folks who sit behind their keyboards and pretend to be brave, I wish that they would not only bring it back, but make military service mandatory.

BTW: nice attempt to talk around the point, that being, these "shithole countries are indeed in our backyard. According to a lot of misguided people they present a threat to our nation by crossing the southern border illegally. Why aren't the conditions that exist in our backyard considered a direct threat to our nation and then something done about it. Not some dumb assed wall either, because that doesn't solve the problem.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me a country on the planet that doesn't have borders and immigration policies???

You open borders people show yourselves to be SO NAIVE

IM fine with borders and Immigration policy. I just happen to think our policy is flawed and biased based on outdated assumptions and racist laws.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is stupid about a wall? Walls work. That is a stone cold FACT.

No they don't and you have zero evidence that proves conclusively that they do work! I on the other hand have all sorts of evidence that they don't work! Let's see your evidence!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in a little while fellas.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that someone missed the point, so, just for you, where do you draw the line? So far, the decision maker(s) have attempted to cut out the really bad stuff that people do, once that process begins, I hope that you know that it has no end other than total destruction. Maybe you don't realize this, so ask yourself who gets to make those decisions and once those original decisions are agreed upon, how do these decision makers sustain themselves, if that's their job/responsibility?

Where do I draw the line? You wouldn't like where I drew the line.

I mean, I'm a libertarian, or used to be until recently, so I am, or used to be in favor of letting people be who/what ever they want to be, as long as that doesn't infringe on the rights of others. But...

but unfortunately, Leftists have shown that they will not be satisfied until their Fascist desires for total control of everyone is realized, so the only remaining option is separation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our solutions will probably differ, but most of the time people agree on what problems are.

So fess up, what do you think is the "real problem"???

The real problem remains that while we pretend to have equality, its a sham. And those currently in power want no parts of real equality. People fear mob rule, but only when they see the majority of the mob does not agree with their world view. We say everyone has the same rights and responsibilities, but then want to enact laws that say if you dont think like me.. your opinion is invalid. Our system is not designed to work for everyone, but for those that either make the most money, or can yell the loudest at any given time. And no one listens once they get into power unless they are hearing what they want to hear.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't and you have zero evidence that proves conclusively that they do work! I on the other hand have all sorts of evidence that they don't work! Let's see your evidence!

Israel's wall hasn't worked? lol

If walls didn't work, why do so many rich people waste their money building them around their houses and why do so many countries build them on their borders?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem remains that while we pretend to have equality, its a sham. And those currently in power want no parts of real equality. People fear mob rule, but only when they see the majority of the mob does not agree with their world view. We say everyone has the same rights and responsibilities, but then want to enact laws that say if you dont think like me.. your opinion is invalid. Our system is not designed to work for everyone, but for those that either make the most money, or can yell the loudest at any given time. And no one listens once they get into power unless they are hearing what they want to hear.

I agree that we do not have equality.

Minorities who are LESS qualified are given MORE opportunities and aid.

Men have LESS rights than women.

And nowadays, if you DARE to be a white man or a conservative man, you could lose your job.

If you are a white man in South Africa, you will either get murdered or run out of the country and no one here in America seems to care.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico will pay for the wall "indirectly". How? The new deal Trump made with Mexico will benefit the US by at least 5 billion.

Wall reduces the # of illegal immigrants coming into the country from Mexico.

Reduction of US taxpayer money going to illegal "Mexican" immigrants by way of welfare payments or the cost of putting them up in our prisons will SAVE the US at least 5 billion dollars.

And even if that doesn't satisfy you, WHO CARES!!! Trump has already made good on so many campaign promises he probably ranks #1 in all of history in that category. Now if you didn't vote for him, that's probably not seen by you as a good thing, and no matter what you think of him, you have to at least give him credit for being unlike the typical politician that promises 2 dozen things and follows through with maybe 1 or 2 of their promises.

Now don't peg me before you know me. I'm NOT a Republican, not even close!!!
And don't peg me before you know me. I did vote for Trump and my leanings are more Republican (or what Republican used to mean). But I'm also not a lemming that follows Trump just because he has an R after his name.

Fences do work. They can also be beat, as we saw just this week. So will a wall work? for a period and to some extent, sure. But to what extent and can we use that almost now $6B more effectively. Can you definitively answer that question?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Israel's wall hasn't worked? lol

If walls didn't work, why do so many rich people waste their money building them around their houses and why do so many countries build them on their borders?

Israel's wall works because it is backed by men with guns stationed every 50-100 yards. I know, I have been there.

Israel is also an occupation state that did not exist as a country before America proclaimed it should be a country. Before that, it was a refugee camp. Palestine was kind enough to take Jewish refugees in during WWII, and for their generosity, America declared that a part of their country now belongs to the Jews.

But other than that.. it works awesome.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM fine with borders and Immigration policy. I just happen to think our policy is flawed and biased based on outdated assumptions and racist laws.
You may be right, and if so, the laws need to be changed. So why isn't Pelosi and Congress working on doing just that? Why haven't they produced any bills to amend the laws? Do you think she is really interested in changing policy or does the current policy work toward her benefit?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty...if walls do not work, why is there one around the White House, one around the DNC, and one around your backyard?
Trust me. If there weren't Secret Service every 15 ft or so, that wall around any of those places would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.