• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. We have a few holes, but none glaring for this season IMO. Howie filled the major holes in free agency, which is what that's for. Name any glaring holes. Sur
All the more reason to find that "head personnel guy" Lurie was clamoring about earlier this year so Howie doesn't mess up our mid-round draft picks moving forward :dance:

Think about it for a second - Howie has been average at best with his drafts; do you really trust him with more picks? This was a good opportunity to take a chance; I personally like Wentz enough to take that gamble.

Hire Daniel Jeremiah after the Draft.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until that day that the Eagles helped end their struggles.

First we didn't hire Hue, then we handed them all our picks.

Aye yi yi

Hue wanted personnel control.....no one was here was getting that here after the CK fiasco.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a QB is a crapshoot to be honest. Most QB's taken in the first round do not live up to expectations. However teams have to keep taking shots until they get it right.

Here are the QB's taken in the first round since 2000 - a total of 41. I bolded those that IMO met expectations which is subjective to opinions.

Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Manuel, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Bradford, Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Ryan, Flacco, Russell, Quinn, Young, Leinert, Cutler, Smith, Rodgers, Campbell, Manning, Rivers, Roethlesberger, Losman, Palmer, Leftwich, Carr, Harrington, Ramsey, Vick, Brees, Pennington
And the only top 2 picks to win Super Bowls in that same time frame are the Mannings and Eli didn't even win it with that same team.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only top 2 picks to win Super Bowls in that same time frame are the Mannings and Eli didn't even win it with that same team.

Yup.....it is a crapshoot. You have to keep trying until you get it right. Most first round QB's are busts.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're really shooting at some crap.

So has everyone else. Take a look at that list of QB's I put up. A lot of those QB's you raved about when they were drafted. So did I and a whole lot of other people that post with us. We were all wrong on a lot of them. As a team you just have to keep trying until you get it right.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that does is make each play easier overall for him. It may indicate he is ready pre-snap for the pro game, but it just creates more questions about his post-snap abilities when he's utilizing pro concepts to gain an advantage against inferior competition.

I see it as a guy who picks up things quicker than most which is what you want out of your QB ... those are the types of guys who adapt quickly. Listen to Daniel Jerimiah, a guy who's scouted Wentz thoroughly explaining how Wentz goes through progressions and understands what goes on the field at all times in a pro style system. As I've said before, QB's with Wentz combination of size, arm and tools mostly fail due to what's between the ears ... loose cannons or guys who don't have the brains or drive to work hard in the film rooms ... Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf etc ... I don't think you have to worry about that when it comes to Wentz, the dude aces all interviews, loves the film room, scored high on his wonderlic and is squeaky clean off the field. It may not happen year one (which we don't need him year one), but I would be surprised if Wentz doesn't become a top 10 QB in the league within his first 3 or 4 years.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will play very well and Wentz will be a little above average and this trade will seem to be a complete waste. You heard it here first.

Wentz will become an elite QB and win us a championship. You heard it here first :D

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
within 2 years, Chase will be the most loved player in Philadelphia and on this board. You heard it here first.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a Schwartz D and a QB friendly O we could win a championship one day. I just don't see the benefit in taking a qb and giving up all those resources. Expecting a whole lot more than Bradford gives you is a monster risk with Wentz. Goff not as much but still huge.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever love 5 '11" Chase so much.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Schwartz stays here more than 2 years. He's a good coach, and will get a HC job by then - maybe next year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Schwartz stays here more than 2 years. He's a good coach, and will get a HC job by then - maybe next year.

Doubt that......he had a heading coaching gig and was really bad at it.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
within 2 years, Chase will be the most loved player in Philadelphia and on this board. You heard it here first.

Chase has made 33 million for completing 50 passes in his NFL career. Nice payout.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"QB Friendly O" lol…Like Chip Kelly's right? You still need a franchise QB to be a serious contender. Sorry but Ol Sammy Boy ain't to take you to the ship in Doug Pederson's epic QB friendly offense.