• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philadelphia Phillies 2022 Baseball Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. jvett. It was fun all season, starting back in March to watch games with ya. You are the best Phillies Fan I know. You and Cedrique of course. I'll be around and I'll stop by this page from time-to-time to see if Dombrowski does anything for next year. Later man...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off your shirt Altuve, so everyone can see your "tattoo"

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ending sucked
But it was an exciting play off run
This was the epitome of house money. They lost to the better team and there’s no shame in that. They need to make some changes. I hope we saw Hoskins last AB in Philly. He should be a tradeable asset. I want to sign Josh Bell to play 1B. I hope they don’t resign Segura unless they miss on Trae Turner and Dansby Swanson and he’s plan C. Need a bat at SS. Stott should show some growth at his natural position 2B along with Marsh. They open the season likely without Bryce. This run was great but he needs to get surgery like tomorrow to be ready June 1st. Castellanos is the X factor. He needs to be closer to the 2021 Castellanos although that is likely his high water mark. They need him to be much better. Pitching wise they need Ranger to take another step and be their 2 behind Wheeler and Nola becomes the 3 he should be. I want to see them sign a professional innings eater to be the 4th starter on a one year deal and Painter is the 5th starter.
They likely let Eflin walk or he is your one year deal to be the 4th starter.
The bullpen lacks a real closer. They need one of those guys. That sets you up to use Alvarado and Seranthony as they are: pitching matchups for 7th and 8th with R and L power arms. Diaz is out there but he will cost you 16-20 mil a year for 4/5 years.

Segura money goes away. Hoskins money goes away. Adding Turner(30) Diaz (20) and Bell (10) and I’ve just spent 60 mil a year in salary. If you want to carry Hoskins again you trade out the Bell money for Hoskins. Turner and Diaz alone make this squad much better.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. jvett. It was fun all season, starting back in March to watch games with ya. You are the best Phillies Fan I know. You and Cedrique of course. I'll be around and I'll stop by this page from time-to-time to see if Dombrowski does anything for next year. Later man...

It was a great year for the Phillies, retro. They saved their best for October and despite coming up two games short, only the two best teams at the end of the year get to the World Series and Phils we’re one of them. 11–6 post-season and total 98 wins was more than we could have predicted. On to celebrate the Eagles this winter.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the epitome of house money. They lost to the better team and there’s no shame in that. They need to make some changes. I hope we saw Hoskins last AB in Philly. He should be a tradeable asset. I want to sign Josh Bell to play 1B. I hope they don’t resign Segura unless they miss on Trae Turner and Dansby Swanson and he’s plan C. Need a bat at SS. Stott should show some growth at his natural position 2B along with Marsh. They open the season likely without Bryce. This run was great but he needs to get surgery like tomorrow to be ready June 1st. Castellanos is the X factor. He needs to be closer to the 2021 Castellanos although that is likely his high water mark. They need him to be much better. Pitching wise they need Ranger to take another step and be their 2 behind Wheeler and Nola becomes the 3 he should be. I want to see them sign a professional innings eater to be the 4th starter on a one year deal and Painter is the 5th starter.
They likely let Eflin walk or he is your one year deal to be the 4th starter.
The bullpen lacks a real closer. They need one of those guys. That sets you up to use Alvarado and Seranthony as they are: pitching matchups for 7th and 8th with R and L power arms. Diaz is out there but he will cost you 16-20 mil a year for 4/5 years.

Segura money goes away. Hoskins money goes away. Adding Turner(30) Diaz (20) and Bell (10) and I’ve just spent 60 mil a year in salary. If you want to carry Hoskins again you trade out the Bell money for Hoskins. Turner and Diaz alone make this squad much better.
I like the first part but I don't know if replacing Hoskins with Bell is the answer. If you want to eliminate Hoskins salary maybe you buy a first baseman's glove for Schwarber and/or Castellanos and find another outfielder that can play some defense, especially since Bryce won't be around to begin the season.

Actually, replace Hoskins with Mitch Haniger and your defense immediately improves. Or if you want to take a gamble with the new no shift rule grab Joey Gallo at a reduced price coming off 2 bad years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the first part but I don't know if replacing Hoskins with Bell is the answer. If you want to eliminate Hoskins salary maybe you buy a first baseman's glove for Schwarber and/or Castellanos and find another outfielder that can play some defense, especially since Bryce won't be around to begin the season.

Actually, replace Hoskins with Mitch Haniger and your defense immediately improves. Or if you want to take a gamble with the new no shift rule grab Joey Gallo at a reduced price coming off 2 bad years.
How about moving JT to 1B? He can’t catch forever and you lose a lot when he’s an important bat in the heart of your order and he’s worn down. He makes you better defensively at 1B as well.

They have $38 million coming off in Eflin Segura Knoebel and Gibson. If they have a modest salary increase of $40 million (how serious are you John Middleton) you can sign Turner (30) Rodon (30) and Wilson Contreras so you can get the JT move to first.

Your rotation is Wheeler Rodon Nola Ranger Painter
Lineup is:
SS Turner
RF/DH Harper
1B JT
LF/DH Schwarber
C Contreras
LF/DH - Castellanos
3B Bohm
2B Stott
CF Marsh

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about moving JT to 1B? He can’t catch forever and you lose a lot when he’s an important bat in the heart of your order and he’s worn down. He makes you better defensively at 1B as well.

They have $38 million coming off in Eflin Segura Knoebel and Gibson. If they have a modest salary increase of $40 million (how serious are you John Middleton) you can sign Turner (30) Rodon (30) and Wilson Contreras so you can get the JT move to first.

Your rotation is Wheeler Rodon Nola Ranger Painter
Lineup is:
SS Turner
RF/DH Harper
1B JT
LF/DH Schwarber
C Contreras
LF/DH - Castellanos
3B Bohm
2B Stott
CF Marsh
It's still November so there is time to figure this out but here's my first thoughts on that: I love the idea of getting Rodon. I also think you leave JT at catcher for a while longer. He's too good to move to first. And I think Contreras in free agency will get more than Hoskins in arbitration and in terms of hitting they are pretty even with Hoskins being a little better in my opinion.
But if they are losing Eflin and Gibson (and Syndergaard) they will need a lot more starting pitching. Also, Painter has great numbers so far but he's 19 years old and only pitched 103 innings last season, 80 of them in the low minors. I don't think they'd bring him up for another year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still November so there is time to figure this out but here's my first thoughts on that: I love the idea of getting Rodon. I also think you leave JT at catcher for a while longer. He's too good to move to first. And I think Contreras in free agency will get more than Hoskins in arbitration and in terms of hitting they are pretty even with Hoskins being a little better in my opinion.
But if they are losing Eflin and Gibson (and Syndergaard) they will need a lot more starting pitching. Also, Painter has great numbers so far but he's 19 years old and only pitched 103 innings last season, 80 of them in the low minors. I don't think they'd bring him up for another year.
If they add no one they have Wheeler Nola Ranger Falter and then a AAA call up. It could be McGreary. Everything I read is that they think Painter is ready. Didn’t realize he was only 19. That’s a good point.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they add no one they have Wheeler Nola Ranger Falter and then a AAA call up. It could be McGreary. Everything I read is that they think Painter is ready. Didn’t realize he was only 19. That’s a good point.
Yeah adding no one is not an option. You can't start the season that thin at starting pitcher. Most teams have at least 7 or 8 guys, when you include the guys somewhere on the verge of moving from minors to majors. Gibson was a big innings eater so they have to replace him. The thing about Painter is even if he is ready it would seem very un-Phillies like for them to bring him up this soon. Nola moved up quick but he had 3 years at LSU to build his arm up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah adding no one is not an option. You can't start the season that thin at starting pitcher. Most teams have at least 7 or 8 guys, when you include the guys somewhere on the verge of moving from minors to majors. Gibson was a big innings eater so they have to replace him. The thing about Painter is even if he is ready it would seem very un-Phillies like for them to bring him up this soon. Nola moved up quick but he had 3 years at LSU to build his arm up.
Agreed! Has always bothered me with the Phillies. In the same division, we saw teenagers like Acuna, Soto, and Stanton come up and yet Phil’s don’t let guys play until 24ish. Wasting cheap years in my opinion.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Has always bothered me with the Phillies. In the same division, we saw teenagers like Acuna, Soto, and Stanton come up and yet Phil’s don’t let guys play until 24ish. Wasting cheap years in my opinion.
Yeah they've also been kind of sentimental with holding onto guys in the past as well. When you bring up a guy late you have to be willing to let him walk when the contract ends or you end up paying them too far past their prime. See Ryan Howard.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they've also been kind of sentimental with holding onto guys in the past as well. When you bring up a guy late you have to be willing to let him walk when the contract ends or you end up paying them too far past their prime. See Ryan Howard.
Those guys now (sentimental holds) would be Jean and Rhys. I really want to see them move on from those two guys.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys now (sentimental holds) would be Jean and Rhys. I really want to see them move on from those two guys.
Yeah I think I'd pay the 1 mil to buyout Segura's last year rather than paying him 17 mil., especially if they could upgrade with a Turner or Correa. Hoskins actually is in an arbitration year so they could hold on for one more season. But if they could get something in a trade I'd be ok with that. I'm not anti-Hoskins like a lot of talk radio people seem to be but I also know that a below average fielder or 1B/DH is easy enough to replace. He's still a good hitter though so maybe there is a trade opportunity. It seems like he would fit in well on the Padres but I have no idea what they could give back in return for him.