• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps one of the Worst trades in Sports History....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still thinking the hype train is a little out of hand, but clearly, he has looked damn good, and you can see why Chip took this gamble.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also funny how Wings opinion of Barkley has changed. Prior to this year's stellar (ahem) preseason, he thought the guy was shot. Was it Barkley's gaudy 53% completion percentage or 66.6 (Is it a sign!) QB rating this preseason that has him so impressed? Perhaps a little Tebowmania hate clouding his vision?
No, I do not have a HIGH opinion of Barkley.....I just have an extremely low opinon of TEBLOW! You keep diggin there bible thumper.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do not have a HIGH opinion of Barkley.....I just have an extremely low opinon of TEBLOW! You keep diggin there bible thumper.

Well, In July on this thread you were saying "Barkley is shot", while on Sunday in the Tebow thread you were saying "Barkley looked pretty good,.... He shows poise in the pocket for a young QB".

That is a pretty big swing in opinion based on watching Barkley throw 43 preseason passes, complete 53% of them with O TDs, 1 INT and a 66.6!! QB rating. I just don't get this huge swing in opinion based on a poor preseason performance.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he recovered much better from shoulder surgery, looks like His shoulder isn't shot! But hey, how would I know that in July?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he recovered much better from shoulder surgery, looks like His shoulder isn't shot! But hey, how would I know that in July?

How would you know that now? Because of his 53% accuracy in the preseason? Because he has thrown the Eagles only INT? I am not saying his shoulder is good or bad. I just haven't seen Barkley do anything remarkable. This year or last or the one before.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my eyes work, I can see when a qb laboratory to throw a 20 yard out, or when He can put it on the receiver with a little zip. clearly he has His zip back.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my eyes work, I can see when a qb laboratory to throw a 20 yard out, or when He can put it on the receiver with a little zip. clearly he has His zip back.

So here is an indepth look at the first game where Barkley had 190 yards...

Eagles Wake-Up Call: Tebow Vs. Barkley - Birds 24/7

Even when he put up arguably good numbers, this analyst wasn't too impressed with Barkley's throws.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I love hyperbole. What a garbage OP

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years I have posted with many of you. Many times you have all seen me just go off the deep end pissed about something. This trade has made me feel like someone shot my dog. I just can not believe a man of Chip Kellys intelligence could agree to such a lopsided deal. Sam Bradford was rumored to possibly be cut by June 1...and We give up Nick Foles a young, promising Qb that is 14-4 with a pro bowl and 2 HEALTHY knees! We get a guy in return that has two blown knees and at a 16 million dollar cap figure! What the fuck is that, then on top of it we give them a 2nd rd pick??? I mean the damn commissioner should have Chip checked for a concussion. I don't care if this is part of another possible trade, the fact still remains how much we gave up for an OVER payed busted Qb. I don't know how much more of this I can endure, this absolutely stunned me, no, it paralyzed me. :burt:
I'll tell ya, after two games I feel my assessment was spot on.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he (and the OL) don't come around that 2nd rounder's gonna hurt. The 2nd rounder is the only part of the deal i had a problem with. It was crystal clear Nick Foles was not the guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it not like you gave up Joe Montana for him. Foles sucks too, the 2nd turned into a damned good LB.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. When it comes to Foles, how can anybody tell me who the guy is yet.

He played lights out for a season, played average or a little below average for the next half of the season before he got hurt. Foles is a healthy (at least with typical NFL injuries) 26 year old, 6'6 250 lbs. solid pocket passer. (frame wise)

What was it about Foles that he did not get the benefit of the doubt.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we switches coaches for a week and see if anything changes?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. When it comes to Foles, how can anybody tell me who the guy is yet.

He played lights out for a season, played average or a little below average for the next half of the season before he got hurt. Foles is a healthy (at least with typical NFL injuries) 26 year old, 6'6 250 lbs. solid pocket passer. (frame wise)

What was it about Foles that he did not get the benefit of the doubt.

I think Chip saw what most of us saw, Foles is just a guy and probably never good enough. His lights out year was in a new system the NFL had not seen yet, much like RGIII's deceiving 2012.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip saw what most of us saw, Foles is just a guy and probably never good enough. His lights out year was in a new system the NFL had not seen yet, much like RGIII's deceiving 2012.

There is a reason the running QB has had a limited success in the NFL. I'm not sure how you can link the fate of 2 QB's that are nothing alike.

Foles could end up being terrible. But to say a "system" gets all the credit for a great year of a pocket passer is a bit of a stretch for me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't win at least one playoff game, then Sam will be gone, and chip will draft a young QB. Good thing, so far, that they didn't sign Bradford yet.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason the running QB has had a limited success in the NFL. I'm not sure how you can link the fate of 2 QB's that are nothing alike.

Foles could end up being terrible. But to say a "system" gets all the credit for a great year of a pocket passer is a bit of a stretch for me.

We all know what Nick Foles is. Since entering the NFL his passer rating has been 79; 119; 81 and currently 94. See the pattern here? He had one magical year in an otherwise uneventful career to date. A career year that was clearly an aberration in, as I said, a new system that took the NFL by surprise just as Griffin did in Washington.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a mediocre talent. But what Foles has shown, which Bradford has never shown and probably never will, is some real competitive fire. Foles seems to play better in clutch situations. He seems to play better after taking some hits.

Bradford may be more talented, but I have yet to see him look like he gave a shit on a football field. He usually looks confused and lacking in confidence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't win at least one playoff game, then Sam will be gone, and chip will draft a young QB. Good thing, so far, that they didn't sign Bradford yet.

Chip could have drafted Bridgewater or Carr and he passed on both. Both fit his system.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford is the problem...and I think we need to give it at least two more weeks before we can say that, they still have Sanchez who is every bit as good as Foles.

As Kelly says, QB are like tea bags, you only know what you have when you put them in hot water. I am curious to see how this guy and this team responds.

I think one of the base issues is they are not running much if any read option. They are losing the numbers game as a result. Quarterbacks get hit. Its part of the game. Bradford and Kelly need to accept that if they are going to make this thing work.