• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots at Packers

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stuff I found kinda interesting:

Aaron Rodgers has never started against the Patriots. In 2006, he was Favre's backup and played a little in a 35-0 blowout loss. I think he may have broken his foot in that appearance too? In 2010, he missed the game with a concussion. The Matt Flynn-lead Packers almost won that game (Damn you, Dan Connolly!) It was the last loss the Pack had during the 2010 season.

Yes I remember being at that 2006 game and yes Rodgers did crack a bone in his foot while filling in for Favre. Those were the early days of his development.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just glad Green Bay isn't getting our weather. It started snowing here in New Hampshire about 2 hours ago. Started out light and mixed with rain. Now it's near a whiteout with heavy wet flakes about the size of a vanilla oreo.
we got mixed snow-n-rain here in n.mass.,....*20-minutes from nh*.,...3-5 inches expected.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can taste them from here. Been a long time since I've been to WI. Even looking forward to some fresh cheese curds.:nod:
My wife and I have been to Green Bay once to watch our beloved Cowboys play the Packers at Lambeau Field. Their fans were very friendly and many invited us to tailgate with them. It was a very enjoyable experience and we plan to travel there again some day.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going to the ramz/pats SB/2002 in n.orleans and the ramz fans were very nice, we even sat and had dinner with two of them the night before the SB,...ramz-fanz were even nicer [in defeat] after the SB ,congratulating pats fans on the way out of the stadium,......philly fans are another fkkn story.....*rollz-eyez*.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you be tailgating?

If not... Stadium View for pregame is nice sports bar to check out. If come in the day before the game, can dine at Curley´s Pub inside Lambeau Field Atrium.

Packers Hall of Fame is closed, but parts of it are at the Neville Museum, not sure how good the exhibit is.

I'm going to see how hospitable those GB fans are? I'll be wearing my Pats gear so if someone invites me to tailgate I'm all over that. Thanks for the other tips. We actually arrive Friday evening.

BTW happy T-Day to everyone.:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks GnG that's good to know. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Love talking smack with passionate and knowledgeable fans.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah well have a safe trip. I have a daughter who lives in Seattle and was out that way for the opening game of the season. It was a great trip except for the 3 or 4 hours of the game :pound:

I hope your experience coming this way is similar to my trip to Seattle :yahoo:

Thanks as well Lambeau. Some of these Hawks fans can be quite obnoxious but i guess we all have our crosses to bear? So glad you enjoyed it. I hope to have a better expirence. Hoping those 3-4 hours end more favorably for us:yahoo:

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to see how hospitable those GB fans are? I'll be wearing my Pats gear so if someone invites me to tailgate I'm all over that. Thanks for the other tips. We actually arrive Friday evening.

We're a very friendly bunch. You won't have any problems. If you need any suggestions for Friday night/Saturday, there's a few of us on here who have lived in GB or go there often. We'll get ya set up! :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got snowed in here in NH last night. In Manchester we got 8.5 inches of the heavy, wet stuff. My 8HP Troy Built had a tough time getting slush up through the nozzle this morning. Watched the weather and they said that Green Bay was looking at a snow storm Friday or Friday night. Not a beast but a pretty good sized front that will give Chicago a nasty hit of the white stuff off the lake.

I hope the weather is decent so there are no excuses for either side.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Visiting teams almost always stay 1/2 hour away in downtown Appleton at the Radisson Hotel on College Avenue.

If staying anywhere near there, Vince Lombardi´s Steakhouse is great restaurant inside the hotel.

Green Bay also has Brett Favre´s Steakhouse and Fuzzy´s (guard from Packers Lombardi teams), both have Packers memorabilia inside restaurant if you want to check them out.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going to the ramz/pats SB/2002 in n.orleans and the ramz fans were very nice, we even sat and had dinner with two of them the night before the SB,...ramz-fanz were even nicer [in defeat] after the SB ,congratulating pats fans on the way out of the stadium,......philly fans are another fkkn story.....*rollz-eyez*.

I have been to roughly 22 of the stadiums in the NFL and was at Philly for the famous 4th and 26 playoff game back in the Favre days. The Philly fans lived up to their reputation they are the worst and I will be kind and not say anymore

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to roughly 22 of the stadiums in the NFL and was at Philly for the famous 4th and 26 playoff game back in the Favre days. The Philly fans lived up to their reputation they are the worst and I will be kind and not say anymore
yup,....my friends went to the pats/philly SB down in Jacksonville fla. in 2005 and eye-witnessed these neanderthalls up close and personal.,....philly-fans [not all] would roam the streets and in ''packs'' and threaten-n-terrorize anyone with a pats hat/jersey on,....it didn't matter if you were a young kid or an old woman, they called you every name in the book,...many philly-fans just showed-up in vans without tickets [drunk] and ~roamed~ the streets looking for trouble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped at Jimmy's Steak & Cheese on South St in Philadelphia to get a sandwich. I never gave a second thought that I was wearing a Patriots golf shirt. Needless to say, I got more than few catcalls.
Luckily, I'm 6'2" and weigh about 250. No one came up and got in my face, but thankfully the guys making the sandwiches got a bit pissed and told the crowd in line if they saw anyone threatening or doing anything dangerous, they'd be coming over the counter.

If you ever get to Philly and have never had a Philly Steak and Cheese, find Jimmy's. It a short walk from the Society Hill Sheraton at Penn's Landing. If you don't go, you'll be sorry for the rest of your life. The sandwiches are so good, that one Sunday about three years ago, I drove three couples from Manchester, NH to Philadelphia to get a sandwich and turned around an drove back. 660 miles each way. $50 for the sandwiches, $120 for gas.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out with some friends at Shenanigans near downtown GB after Philly came to town and beat the Pack last year. A group of Philly fans came in and were pretty much the most obnoxious jagoffs I've ever met. Come in and gloat a little? Fine. But this was a little overboard. One guy kept saying "You're welcome for Reggie White" over and over and over again, then tried to tell us that all they got in the deal was Vince Workman (who I'm pretty sure never played for the Eagles...) There was a band playing and a couple guys tried to jump onstage and sing and screw up the music (which admittedly was not that good, but either way, that's not cool.) Finally got kicked out after trying to pick a fight with some guys playing pool. Then they stood out on Main for a while and heckled people walking by.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped at Jimmy's Steak & Cheese on South St in Philadelphia to get a sandwich. I never gave a second thought that I was wearing a Patriots golf shirt. Needless to say, I got more than few catcalls.
Luckily, I'm 6'2" and weigh about 250. No one came up and got in my face, but thankfully the guys making the sandwiches got a bit pissed and told the crowd in line if they saw anyone threatening or doing anything dangerous, they'd be coming over the counter.

If you ever get to Philly and have never had a Philly Steak and Cheese, find Jimmy's. It a short walk from the Society Hill Sheraton at Penn's Landing. If you don't go, you'll be sorry for the rest of your life. The sandwiches are so good, that one Sunday about three years ago, I drove three couples from Manchester, NH to Philadelphia to get a sandwich and turned around an drove back. 660 miles each way. $50 for the sandwiches, $120 for gas.
Based on many of your past comments I assumed you were down in Nashua. I'm in Manch-Vegas as well and your sammich episode reminds me of a road trip my buddy and I took to Sherbrooke to fetch a couple of cases of Brador. Left town at 8:30 pm, got searched hard at the border after we told them we would only be in the country for a few hours max, got grilled by the Yanks at the return border crossing, ate breakfast at Peg's in Lincoln, NH at 6am and home by 8am.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex......we should try to find a time and place to meet. I live on the west side and also have a second house over near Deerfield Park. If you want to try to meet up let me know.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex......we should try to find a time and place to meet. I live on the west side and also have a second house over near Deerfield Park. If you want to try to meet up let me know.
I was born and brought up on the West Side and still live at the top of the hill behind CMC. I would be up for a couple of frosty cold beers.

I like to head out after work for a couple drinks before I head home. What is your watering hole of choice?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Grand Slam Pizza? I'm retired and the only thing that prevents me from doing anything is that pick up my grandson from school, do homework with him and take him to basketball practice at Hillside. But I'm sure we can do something........I'll see if I can reach you via private message.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey,...I know a nice [rest-area] all three of us could meet at.......*wink-wink*.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the "rest area". I was an altar boy for a couple of years.