• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots at Packers

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one could be a preview of a future matchup downt he road this year. Both teams are playing really well right now.

I can only hope this one is as entertaining as our last game but hopefully with one less Special Teams play by an OL.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it will be close and decided by a turnover.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be fun. I'm already nervous.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two good team that's for sure. I can see this game go so many ways. Close, not so close, and either team winning. I know GB will have to play better this week than last. Those mistakes and penalties will cost you against a good team like NE. MN played tough, but they aren't the Pats and Bridgewater isn't Brady.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two good team that's for sure. I can see this game go so many ways. Close, not so close, and either team winning. I know GB will have to play better this week than last. Those mistakes and penalties will cost you against a good team like NE. MN played tough, but they aren't the Pats and Bridgewater isn't Brady.

I have a feeling yesterdays performance was maybe a bit looking past Minny and more toward the Pats.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been, but it seems to be a pattern, at least to me, with this team. A good defense that can get decent pressure up front without blitzing or bringing extra guys, can cover on the back and shut down the big play. We can still move the ball, but start to make mistakes and struggle to score points.

The problem with that, is our defense is built to play with a lead and they become more of an attacking defense. Close games, against a very good qb with an ability to run and pass usually end up with them looking ok for a half maybe and then giving up 40 points and 400 yards by the end. Thankfully yesterday they seemed to be playing ok, but not with the intensity they need to this week. and i'm equally as thankful that Bridgewater started out not being able to hit a wide open WR and then later, his wide open WR's weren't catching the ball. There were at least 6 pretty big plays that were left on the field because of poor passes, or a drop.

I think our D was playing just good enough, and they probably would have responded enough to win anyway, but I saw some of the same problems as before with miscommunication in the defensive backfield, and I love AJ Hawk. I think too many fans are far too critical of him, but he was never fast and yesterday he looked even slower. His strengths, knows the defense, always does his job and is on the field every single week. He can play close to the line, but he can't cover anybody anymore in the passing game. The trouble is, the other guys have weaknesses all over too that could replace him. BB will find a way to exploit that I think, it's the weakest part of our defense.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figuring out how to defend Gronk is the biggest challenge. Teams put 2 or 3 guys on him but Brady will find guys standing wide open like yesterday. BB will have to decide if he wants to stop the run or pass because you guys do both well.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be great test for Packers defense. Right now Patriots are hitting on all cylinders and playing well on the road as well on their current winning streak.

Right now... think Pats offense will be too much for Packers defense. Rodgers will keep Packers in it for a half, but not enough to win.

Belichick also gets his team up for games like this.

Think Pats win in Lambeau

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning LaGarrett Blount added a significant weapon to the Patriots arsenal. Trying to stop a 250 lb. running back with 4.4 speed is a challenge. I think Belichick's game plan will be a heavy dose of Blount and Gray to start. If the GB defense can't stop them, the Pats will run 80% of all offensive plays. If the Pack does stop the run, Brady will have 5 WR and spread the defense and fire short (7-12 yd) passes for the rest of the afternoon. When the Pats can't run, they use the pass as their running offense.

As far as defense goes, Belichick will review the last 5 Packer games and look for any 'weak' spot. If he can find an offensive lineman or a formation that he exploit, he'll make GB rethink either the play that's been taken away or the formation that won't work. Generally the opposing coach will try to tweak the play and that's when the INT or fumble happens.

The weather is supposed to be somewhat clear and in the mid 20s. Because it's the late game (4:25 Eastern) the temps will continue to drop through the game.

I think Special Teams will decide this game either by scoring on Punts and kickoffs or by giving the offense outstanding field position.

This could be one of those winning field goals with less than a minute to go.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it turns out to be a great game or not, going in this is the best match-up of the year.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a great game ,...maybe a glimpse of who's playing in Arizona/feb.,....?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way it looks now..no teams are playing better.
*whew*,...I don't think we'll have to ''worry'' about those giANTS in the post-season,.....aren't they pretty much [ELI]-minated after last nights loss...??

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling yesterdays performance was maybe a bit looking past Minny and more toward the Pats.

Yesterdays game was a different style for the Packers. The defense the Vikes used was to prevent the big plays they had seen the Packers do the previous 2 weeks and werent going to let Jordy Nelson get wide open down the sidelines. With this being the case the Packers for the first time this season went to relying on the run game which the Vikes would give them and won a game from Lacy having a good game keeping the ball on the ground and running out the clock getting first downs when needed without having to rely on the pass.

This type of football is needed to win games in Dec and Jan and was nice to see them have a game like this as we get into the bad weather games.