• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers @ Seahawks

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is it. Winner of this game goes to the Super Bowl.

I have to be honest, maybe this isn't very "fanly" of me but I don't see the Packers having a good shot of winning this game.

Rodgers is obviously gimpy and it's affecting the offense. He can't scramble around at all. Our defense has got issues.

I see the Seahawks winning 24-14. I obviously could be wrong and I hope I am but I don't know about this one....gahhh.

I will say this I feel much more confident with the Packers playing against the Patriots or Ravens in the SB than against the Seahawks in the NCF championship game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to be honest, maybe this isn't very "fanly" of me but I don't see the Packers having a good shot of winning this game.

Rodgers is obviously gimpy and it's affecting the offense. He can't scramble around at all. Our defense has got issues.

I see the Seahawks winning 24-14. I obviously could be wrong and I hope I am but I don't know about this one....gahhh.

I will say this I feel much more confident with the Packers playing against the Patriots or Ravens in the SB than against the Seahawks in the NCF championship game.

I don't think the Packers will win in Seattle either. One thing is for sure, they're going to need to play their best football from start to finish to have a shot.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Packers will win in Seattle either. One thing is for sure, they're going to need to play their best football from start to finish to have a shot.

That's the problem with them, they are wildly inconsistent. They have the potential and the talent to be the best team in the league hands down. But their inconsistency kills that. They look exceptional at times and then terrible other times. And this happens in the same game. Today vs Dallas their first drive they looked like they were going to steamroll them. And then as quick as you snap your fingers their offense stumbles and stalls. It's frustrating.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Rodgers can get healthier this week, then the old adage of "any given Sunday" applies. A mobile Rodgers scares me. A non-mobile Rodgers against the Seattle D is going to make for a painful 3 hours for you guys. Anyhow, before the trolls show up to pollute the forums, good luck.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I meant the Patriots or whoever wins between the Broncos and Colts. Duh.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please win this game so I can attempt to attend the SB. Even if I can't afford tix I'll go tailgate on the mile long lawn at the stadium.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its a enjoyable game and that there are no 'Bowman' type moments for either team.

Congrats on season so far!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the event both fan bases hope to achieve and win.

Victory goes to the best team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to see Pack fans so pessimistic. Seattle has quite literally beaten up on garbage to middle of the road QBs for the past 7 weeks and then had to face Cam Newton on a bum ankle. They've looked pretty damn invincible on Defense...as well they should have.

And in facing this parade of garbage, most games have remained close until the 4th quarter. The Seattle formula is to wear you down with their incredible D and by the 4th quarter most defenses have lost their legs and the wheels start to fall off. So you need a better than average QB to deal with this...GB has one of the best in the NFL.

What would worry me is the GB run defense. Seattle's offense is nothing special if you can control their running game. If you can't, you are probably done and if Beast Mode/RW get loose regularly forget about it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's offense is nothing special if you can control their running game. If you can't, you are probably done and if Beast Mode/RW get loose regularly forget about it.

That's the conventional wisdom, yep. However you may want to check out Wilson's stat line on 3rd down in the Panthers game, and realize that the Panthers did an excellent job shutting down Lynch.

Anything is possible of course, but Wilson can and will kill you with his arm if given the opportunity.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the conventional wisdom, yep. However you may want to check out Wilson's stat line on 3rd down in the Panthers game, and realize that the Panthers did an excellent job shutting down Lynch.

Anything is possible of course, but Wilson can and will kill you with his arm if given the opportunity.

One factor in the Panther game that helped the Seahawks win was the 3 turnovers. That is one thing the Packers are the best in the league at is holding onto the ball

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont lie and tell you I'm scared to death of the Packers. Best of luck to you and here's hopes for an injury free game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to see Pack fans so pessimistic. Seattle has quite literally beaten up on garbage to middle of the road QBs for the past 7 weeks and then had to face Cam Newton on a bum ankle. They've looked pretty damn invincible on Defense...as well they should have.

And in facing this parade of garbage, most games have remained close until the 4th quarter. The Seattle formula is to wear you down with their incredible D and by the 4th quarter most defenses have lost their legs and the wheels start to fall off. So you need a better than average QB to deal with this...GB has one of the best in the NFL.

What would worry me is the GB run defense. Seattle's offense is nothing special if you can control their running game. If you can't, you are probably done and if Beast Mode/RW get loose regularly forget about it.

You should know that teams that commit to stopping Lynch regularly get destroyed by Russell and his pedestrian receivers.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this several times already in other areas...

I give Packers 10-20% chance to win. Packers run defense is their weakness and does not match up well with Seattle´s strength. Packers will need 3 and outs or turnovers early so defense does not get gassed for the end of the game... Lynch gets stronger as game goes on. Murray had huge 2nd half vs Packers... I anticipate something similar. Only item that may help is if Unger unable to play... Seattle OL much better with him.

I would like Packers chances more if Rodgers healthy... I think Packers OL is much better now and Lacy is finishing season strong. But immobile Rodgers will be huge with Seattle pass rush that is better than Cowboys. No Mebane or Hill for Seattle.. so Packers will need to have a lot of success running and controlling clock and keeping it close until end to win.

Best scenario for Packers:
- running ball with success and eating up the clock
- Couple of turnovers somehow from Seahawks early in game to keep Packers defense off the field
- Rodgers a little bit better mobility than Dallas game
- Packers avoid costly penalties and no turnovers
- No big plays for Wilson outside of the pocket

My prediction is Seattle 31 Packers 20 - Hope it plays out like best scenario and Packers win narrowly, but that is not my expectation.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy and co hopefully learned from their earlier beat down. Act like you know you possess an elite QB and avoiding Sherman, or an entire side of the field, is idiotic. Newsflash: the Seahawks are loaded back there and Sherman is just one of them.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about almost all Seahawks games are they are close at the start of the 4th quarter. Usually Seattle dominates the 4th quarter but giving a guy like Aaron Rodgers a chance in the 4th is deadly. He owned the 4th quarter against the Cowboys. This one should be fun.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about almost all Seahawks games are they are close at the start of the 4th quarter. Usually Seattle dominates the 4th quarter but giving a guy like Aaron Rodgers a chance in the 4th is deadly. He owned the 4th quarter against the Cowboys. This one should be fun.

Yeah, I've made bank the last three weeks betting on Seattle in the second half spread. It's always close at halftime, and the lines are favorable. You just know come the fourth they will runaway. Vs GB now… IDK.

But I might take a shot at the 7.5 full game. A gimpy Rodgers doesn't bode well vs that defense.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad that the "call" has taken away the attention that should have been on that gutsy performance by Rodgers.

I'll be pulling for that Pack this weekend for sure. I'll have the wife buy a little wheel of cheese too.
The Seattle offense can stifle, No question the Packers are good enough on both sides of the ball to pull this off

Good luck.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you get your wish. Just don't expect to beat the Pats a second time on a neutral field.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for the Packers that Rodgers is banged up. Outside of the standard "any given Sunday" type deal, it seems like a long shot GB can pull this off. But if there is a guy who could do it with a bum leg, it's probably Rodgers. I don't see it happening, but the cool thing is GB has earned the right to line it up and give it a go. If Seattle doesn't respect the opponent and put forth max effort, they're at risk. Hopefully no injuries.